Official Match Thread Season 30 Round 11: Las Vegas Bears v Gold City Royals at The Stadium In The Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really glad that never became a thing for me. I remember not seeing my Dad for weeks as he slept days.

I remember not seeing my dad... ever, really.

200.gif

I'm really glad that never became a thing for me. I remember not seeing my Dad for weeks as he slept days.
Yeah it’s tough

I do rotating shift work
Day shift 7am - 3pm
Arvo 3pm - 11pm
Night 11pm - 7am

we rotate every week and it takes its toll especially changing from night shift and needing to completely reset your sleep cycle over a weekend
The money is good +30% loading for night and 20% for arvo

Yeah it’s tough

I do rotating shift work
Day shift 7am - 3pm
Arvo 3pm - 11pm
Night 11pm - 7am

we rotate every week and it takes its toll especially changing from night shift and needing to completely reset your sleep cycle over a weekend
The money is good +30% loading for night and 20% for arvo
Yeah :(
I’m currently 0.5 FTE shift work (currently on long 8-9 days but my 9-9 nights aren’t far away )... and that’s enough for me
As rewarding as hospital medicine is clinically /intellectually, I appreciate my more lifestyle friendly other hat (0.5FTE community role)
Shiftwork is great for my wallet , not so great for my health but also unavoidable unfortunately

Shift work is a struggle - best shift for me was 3-midnight

Worst was the turnaround ( as a casual) from night to afternoon of the same day
Yeah arvo shift for me is pretty good 3-11pm the only downside is not seeing mrs moose for the week because she works full so she’s in bed by the time I get home

It was a great shift when I was a young single buck I would knock off work at 11 Thursday night and go straight out get home in the early am and repeat it again Friday night

ezgif-4-f7987d45f98e-gif.934009

Hey friends! It's an exciting time this week as we travel West to Nou Camp in order to face the #LOSSVEGAS Bears looking to continue our good form and keep a tight hold on that Top-2 position. It also happens to be a very exciting time in the history of the Gold City Royals as two absolute legends in Easty and Blacky are set to play their 250th and 200th games respectively. In preparation for the festivities, I got together with a few of the guys at The Club Room in Sweet CBD to plan out the week.

67608fb54a0d22e8e85cb82ab91432bc (1).png
Team meeting at The Club Room with The Filth Wizard, Blacky, Kapow!!!, brahj among others.

Filth: Hi all, Blacky and Easty play their milestone games this week against the Bears. Let's sort out how we're gonna recognise this historic moment.

Blacky : You recognising milestone games? I'll believe it when I see it mate.

Filth: Look Blackwell, last time in your 150th it was a total aberration. We had an awesome tribute planned out, but things went wrong at the last minute due to some technical issues...

KP: And by 'technical issues', he means in his attempt to attach a .png file he accidentally factory reset his computer and wiped his driver clean.

Filth: Hey! I asked you to resend the thread after that happened and you never did.

KP: Well I did. Just happened to send it to the Roys instead of you. Anyway Blacky, the whole thing was doomed to be a mess when you share a milestone game with Rodney Dangerfield. Fortunately, that won't be the case this time.

Kapow!!! : So what are we actually going to be doing this week?

KP: I did book the Los Carraras Shopping Complex as a venue two months ago specifically to retroactively host our Season 27 Best and Fairest. Seems a grand occasion to celebrate the Royals' founder and longest-serving captain. We can compile a sweet video tribute from old footage, and maybe bring back some of these best selling mugs as well.

capture2-png.666721

Filth: Excellent, so we'll need someone to collate the tribute comments, organise the B&F presentation, someone to compile the old footage of Blacky and Easty's early careers, and a couple of people to go get some catering equipment from the shopping centre. Any volunteers to go shopping? You'll probably come across some Bears before the game.

All: * NO!!!!

Filth: Fine. We'll draw straws, two shortest has to make a trip to the shopping centre.

So we ended up drawing straws, two shortest had to go buy some catering materials at the Las Vegas shopping centre and deal with the s**t-for-brains mouth-breathing troglodyte Bears that inhabit the area. Unfortunately, brahj and I ended up copping the raw deal.

KP: Ah s**t...

brahj: Lame. Well on the bright side, I guess I can take my S28 Easty Medal and flex it on some incels.

KP: Remember brahj, before we head over we'll need to take precautions to look after our health and hygiene. You know what that means...

1602082874712.png

Yeah in my early 20s I didn’t mind 8-11 3x /week and 4x off (dream roster) but now I just long for M-F 8-5 .
Those hours would be alright
My least favourite shift was 12-10 5x /week
Evenings were a writeoff , and not much time in the mornings unless I set an alarm
My current 8-9 is worse in that it leaves little time for anything other than work and sleep but at least it’s usually 4x rather than 5x a week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I have had that before. Worst I ever had was something like 0000-0800, 1800-0000, 1000-2000. I was ****ed by the end of those 3 days

ezgif-4-f7987d45f98e-gif.934009

Hey friends! It's an exciting time this week as we travel West to Nou Camp in order to face the #LOSSVEGAS Bears looking to continue our good form and keep a tight hold on that Top-2 position. It also happens to be a very exciting time in the history of the Gold City Royals as two absolute legends in Easty and Blacky are set to play their 250th and 200th games respectively. In preparation for the festivities, I got together with a few of the guys at The Club Room in Sweet CBD to plan out the week.

View attachment 980012
Team meeting at The Club Room with The Filth Wizard, Blacky, Kapow!!!, brahj among others.

Filth: Hi all, Blacky and Easty play their milestone games this week against the Bears. Let's sort out how we're gonna recognise this historic moment.

Blacky : You recognising milestone games? I'll believe it when I see it mate.

Filth: Look Blackwell, last time in your 150th it was a total aberration. We had an awesome tribute planned out, but things went wrong at the last minute due to some technical issues...

KP: And by 'technical issues', he means in his attempt to attach a .png file he accidentally factory reset his computer and wiped his driver clean.

Filth: Hey! I asked you to resend the thread after that happened and you never did.

KP: Well I did. Just happened to send it to the Roys instead of you. Anyway Blacky, the whole thing was doomed to be a mess when you share a milestone game with Rodney Dangerfield. Fortunately, that won't be the case this time.

Kapow!!! : So what are we actually going to be doing this week?

KP: I did book the Los Carraras Shopping Complex as a venue two months ago specifically to retroactively host our Season 27 Best and Fairest. Seems a grand occasion to celebrate the Royals' founder and longest-serving captain. We can compile a sweet video tribute from old footage, and maybe bring back some of these best selling mugs as well.

capture2-png.666721

Filth: Excellent, so we'll need someone to collate the tribute comments, organise the B&F presentation, someone to compile the old footage of Blacky and Easty's early careers, and a couple of people to go get some catering equipment from the shopping centre. Any volunteers to go shopping? You'll probably come across some Bears before the game.

All: fu** NO!!!!

Filth: Fine. We'll draw straws, two shortest has to make a trip to the shopping centre.

So we ended up drawing straws, two shortest had to go buy some catering materials at the Las Vegas shopping centre and deal with the sh*t-for-brains mouth-breathing troglodyte Bears that inhabit the area. Unfortunately, brahj and I ended up copping the raw deal.

KP: Ah sh*t...

brahj: Lame. Well on the bright side, I guess I can take my S28 Easty Medal and flex it on some incels.

KP: Remember brahj, before we head over we'll need to take precautions to look after our health and hygiene. You know what that means...

View attachment 980023
Putting the extra s in Los Vegas, genius.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back