Official Match Thread Season 30 Round 13: West Coast Wonders vs Las Vegas Bears at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello and Welcome to the Season 30 edition of ROUND 13! After the presumably great WaynesWorld19 retired mid-season leaving this week open, I’ve decided that I, a lowly rookie, could do this great round justice by doing the only thing I can do, facts and figures!

I will be looking at the recent history of Round 13s gone past to figure out who will win this week, as well as looking at recent match-ups of the teams playing to see who has been contributing.

So, for those who are still reading this, let’s have a look at…

1603091498060.png

The Wonders and the Bears seem to be polar opposites. The Wonders don’t have many big posters but ClarkeM and SweetD certainly make up for it between them, while the Bears have more of a spread with their rookies, guero, Muddiemoose and tony, as well as veteran recruit Metalcrusher. But I don’t care much for who’s doing the posting; let’s look at who’s been backing it up.

1603091507867.png

In recent seasons, the Wonders have had a good run in Round 13 winning 3 of their last 4. The problem for them is that, since S18, the Bears have won 10 Round 13 match-ups, the most out of all the clubs in that period, including 2 against the Wonders.

1603091516034.png
Note: The only 2 things to remember here are the 2 most right columns; The Dream Team points and Points per 100 minutes.

In the past 5 Round 13s, JT_the_Man has been the Wonder Boy, getting 305 Dream Team points at an average of 0.71 per minute. While he wasn’t the highest scoring Wonder in those years, the guy who was on top for West Coast is now a Bear, U2tigers, who scored 383 DT points at the Wonders. Along with Art Vandelay_ and I Dont Care, the Wonders are lucky that they acquired haydo to help prop them up. haydo, while new to West Coast, is definitely a great of Round 13, having scored 404 DT points in the round over the past 5 seasons, the 5th highest in the league, at an average of 0.81 per minute.

1603091531020.png
1603091540626.png

In their last 3 match-ups, the Wonders and Bears have had close match-ups. The Bears have won the last 2 H&A games but the Wonders won the Elimination Final. Those that have performed in all 3 have been Matera92 and MWPP for the Bears and Cactus_ and Bonz. Not much separates those on top, but you can be guaranteed that all will have something to say Sunday.

TL; DR Bears by 40

Leadership Groups, please have a valid team sheet submitted before the deadline of 11:59pm AEDT this Thursday. (That’s 11:29pm Adelaide, 10:59pm Brisbane, 10:29pm Darwin and 8:59pm Perth)​

Those that have performed in all 3 have been @Matera92 and MWPP for the Bears and @Cactus_ and @Bonz.
I’ll have limited impact from CHB but time to soldify your Mobbs push Matera92

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 989711

WEST COAST WONDERS - OFFICIAL TEAM SHEET
R13 v Bears

B: Uncle_Leo - Cactus_ - Grand Uncle Horace
HB: BallaratBulldog - Jack The Godfather - Elmer_Judd
C: SSwans2011 - haydo - SweetD
HF: jezzajay - dogs105 - J_Chadwick
F: Crusty Undies - Sab22 - croweater 41
Foll: Bonz - ClarkeM - AngryRanga

INT: JT_the_Man - KBLT
Changes:
SSwans2011 HBF to W
Grand Uncle Horace W to BP
BallaratBulldog BP to HBF​
KBLT and I really are the best bench duo in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back