Event Season 31 Mobbenfuhrer Medal Count - Congratulations GWS Goose & Pugsley

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
S31 Mobbs header.png

The most prestigious award in the Sweet FA, The Mobbenfuhrer Medal, will commence tonight from about 7.30pm

The Season 31 Mobbenfuhrer Medal. This is the oldest and most prestigious award in the Sweet FA, having been inaugurated in Season 1 and held continuously in every season since.

The Mobbs Medal is awarded to the best and most consistent player as judged by the Sim. Each game, the sim randomly generates text commentary, stats as well as the best 3 players for each game. These votes are collected by the Simmers and sent privately to the Admin to be recorded.

The plan for tonight:

- A message from this prestigious awards Namesake
- Rounds 1-4
- Fred Medal Presentation (Award for Leading Goal Kicker)
- Rounds 5-8
- Frankston Rover Award Presentation (Award for best contribution as awarded by the Admin)
- TFLUA-Tiger Award Presentation (Award for best sim performer decided by the committee)
- Rounds 9-12
- EKA Medal Presentation (Award for most Outstanding Rookie as decided by the committee)
- Rounds 13-17
- Mobbs Medal Winner Presentation

I would like to thank all those who contributed to tonight. TheInjuryFactory for his Graphics presentation work as well as the team who worked hard each rounds match report; MWPP, Mooch, , TheInjuryFactory, Tonga Bob, kdavva74, PMBangers and Chipmunk.​

A message from Mobbs
A Message from Mobbs

A lot of major events include wheeling out an ancient instigator or contributor to say a few words. I am delighted to announce that the founder of this great league and the man this award is named after, Mobbs would like to say a few words and give his personal thank you to the community.

~~~~~~~~~

It's been 20 years since this, my simple text simulator began ballooning into this nutty role-play alternate universe on Bigfooty. I can't blame anyone but myself - I'm the idiot who first raised the prospect.

And look at it now, all grown up, vibrantly pumping veins and fully formed errogenous zones. All you little people scurrying around playing games within the game, and bouncing off one another, this should really be time for a big 'muahahaha' but it's not how I feel.

I feel appreciative, thankful and indebted. Over a score of years, a timeline greater than many current real-world leagues has played out, and a history of bangs and crashes richer than half the actual sports around us. I spend time creating background lore for the Sweet FA, and yet I don't even have to. You're all, already, doing it!

Teams have come and go (and for the last dozen seasons, just been, boring fu**s). Identities have risen, fallen, soared and exploded (or just always been, boring fu**s). The Sweet FA has its own universe, full of glamour and grit, pleasure and pain, delights and atrocities. And so many memes. No matter what I'm doing these days, I can't read a meh, a wooo or even an ellipsis without immediately thinking of the Roys and their opponents.

It's sensational. So satisfying, life-affirming, and purely joyous. So thank you, everyone, who has come to play in the Sweet FA. Thanks for all the diverse and often violently conflicting personas and backgrounds and attitudes and agendas. You've honestly cemented my feeling of a place in this world (the real one, I mean, lolz).

I've been out of the real world for years. Confined at home, unable to partake in all the usual things I'd considered my interests. Recently, that's changed, through the loss of the missus - today I spent 8 hours firing off job applications as I started re-entry into the normal world.

I realised that the Sweet FA started up 6 months after I got married (sounds about right, lol), so the timelines are within cooee of each other. For the last 2 months I'd needed a place to escape some reality - and here you all were. You're my saviours.

I commonly have conversations with other players who also confirm that this qooty world is a kind of an escape for them in hard times. A distraction and a welcome entertainment to get buried in. I'm very, very glad to know this escapism is among the benefits.

Today another player (or "players" apparently as it's recently been leaked it will be a 3-way tie this season) will get my name stuck as a suffixey badge onto their persona's credentials. I'm a bit embarassed and un-keen on having an award named after me, but I AM pleased that the best Qooty player for the season is rewarded with an esteemed honour.

I look forward eagerly to seeing who that player will be. I will raise a chud to you.

Enjoy the evening, beloved Sweet FA community. I look forward to a riproarious night!

~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the kind words Mobbs! All the best with the job search!

A Message from Mobbs

A lot of major events include wheeling out an ancient instigator or contributor to say a few words. I am delighted to announce that the founder of this great league and the man this award is named after, Mobbs would like to say a few words and give his personal thank you to the community.

~~~~~~~~~

It's been 20 years since this, my simple text simulator began ballooning into this nutty role-play alternate universe on Bigfooty. I can't blame anyone but myself - I'm the idiot who first raised the prospect.

And look at it now, all grown up, vibrantly pumping veins and fully formed errogenous zones. All you little people scurrying around playing games within the game, and bouncing off one another, this should really be time for a big 'muahahaha' but it's not how I feel.

I feel appreciative, thankful and indebted. Over a score of years, a timeline greater than many current real-world leagues has played out, and a history of bangs and crashes richer than half the actual sports around us. I spend time creating background lore for the Sweet FA, and yet I don't even have to. You're all, already, doing it!

Teams have come and go (and for the last dozen seasons, just been, boring fu**s). Identities have risen, fallen, soared and exploded (or just always been, boring fu**s). The Sweet FA has its own universe, full of glamour and grit, pleasure and pain, delights and atrocities. And so many memes. No matter what I'm doing these days, I can't read a meh, a wooo or even an ellipsis without immediately thinking of the Roys and their opponents.

It's sensational. So satisfying, life-affirming, and purely joyous. So thank you, everyone, who has come to play in the Sweet FA. Thanks for all the diverse and often violently conflicting personas and backgrounds and attitudes and agendas. You've honestly cemented my feeling of a place in this world (the real one, I mean, lolz).

I've been out of the real world for years. Confined at home, unable to partake in all the usual things I'd considered my interests. Recently, that's changed, through the loss of the missus - today I spent 8 hours firing off job applications as I started re-entry into the normal world.

I realised that the Sweet FA started up 6 months after I got married (sounds about right, lol), so the timelines are within cooee of each other. For the last 2 months I'd needed a place to escape some reality - and here you all were. You're my saviours.

I commonly have conversations with other players who also confirm that this qooty world is a kind of an escape for them in hard times. A distraction and a welcome entertainment to get buried in. I'm very, very glad to know this escapism is among the benefits.

Today another player (or "players" apparently as it's recently been leaked it will be a 3-way tie this season) will get my name stuck as a suffixey badge onto their persona's credentials. I'm a bit embarassed and un-keen on having an award named after me, but I AM pleased that the best Qooty player for the season is rewarded with an esteemed honour.

I look forward eagerly to seeing who that player will be. I will raise a chud to you.

Enjoy the evening, beloved Sweet FA community. I look forward to a riproarious night!

~~~~~~~~~

I too agree on handing this seasons Mobbs medal to Mobbs without a vote being read out. Well done NaturalDisaster

A Message from Mobbs

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~

Bless you Mobbs you magnificent bastard!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's the red carpet? Don't tell me I got dressed up for nothing.

Xw52K9B.png

Isn’t this over yet? Thought we were done last night

Seems there is a medal for pretty much every poster in the SFA.

You know the difference between a whore and a b*tch, right? ;)
I stand corrected.

Last night was merely an entree to the main event

My prediction for tonight is that the Season 31 Mobbenfuhrer Medal will be awarded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back