Competition Season 31 Rookie Gun of the Year - What are the chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good call mate but you're going to fu** with my odds now.
Someone had to profit from it I suppose, at least it was a teammate.
We need all the help we can get so we can move out of those ******* dumpsters.
Thank fu** we have new captains next year, those blokes were f***ed.
Anyway make sure you donate some of the proceeds back to the club.
Here, this will help.

9CDCD461-8E37-4558-A488-2CC5E375F24A.jpeg

Could you change my odds to 10,000/1?
I'm still waiting for John Mellencamp to win an Oscar.
1622544729888.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Last Melon
Round 17... wait, what happened to last week? Round 17! My how time flies, the last rookie to be nominated for Season 31 and it's anyone's game for the overall award. Like the last few weeks, only one rookie managed to reach the criteria of becoming a nomination. It makes the voting easy, it just takes the sport out of it when there isn't able to be a build-up of "Who's it gonna be?" And so, for the last time, the Round 17 Gun nomination is...
1622895344984.png 1622895413796.png

crazywildhorse came into the season half-way through and has had trouble getting candidacy, despite there being no competition for the most of it. With one last chance to get his name in lights, crazywildhorse managed to score over 100 ADT. That means that it won't be the worst performance to be nominated on. Does that mean it was "good"? Let's see...

Speculation surrounding whether or not crazywildhorse knows what sanitiser actually is.
1 : 9.09 {lHFF} - Cuzz09 with the ball now.
1 : 9.16 {FF} - Thumps the ball forward.
1 : 9.22 {FF} - crazywildhorse must wash his hands in superglue. Astonishing mark.
I think he managed to intercept himself
1 : 21.31 {rHFF} - A wild handball - but luckily bl4ke was well placed to clean up.
1 : 21.37 {FF} - He just bombs away in the direction of Metalcrusher and crazywildhorse.
1 : 21.43 {FF} - But in the way is crazywildhorse.
1 : 21.5 {FB} - crazywildhorse has a paddock.
Definitely more confident in his abilities than other rookies
2 : 14.35 {rHFF} - bl4ke slowing down the play.
2 : 14.39 {lHFF} - Gets hands off within the nick of time.
2 : 14.45 {FF} - That kick is a real floater.
2 : 14.51 {FF} - What a shocking kick - straight to crazywildhorse.
2 : 14.58 {FB} - crazywildhorse to send the ball forward.
Soon you'd hope the opposition will realise to kick the ball over his head.
2 : 19.48 {rW} - guero weaves through the congestion.
2 : 19.54 {rHFF} - He handpasses to Millky95.
2 : 20 {FF} - A hospital kick.
2 : 20.07 {FF} - crazywildhorse is in the way and will mark.
2 : 20.11 {FB} - crazywildhorse weaves through the congestion.
Maybe that won't work with the leaps he's got.
2 : 22.25 {rHFF} - With the ball is bl4ke.
2 : 22.31 {FF} - He tries to find Metalcrusher with a chip pass.
2 : 22.37 {FF} - crazywildhorse rises over the pack majestically.
2 : 22.43 {FB} - Now crazywildhorse has the ball. What can he do with it?.
Always love a handballing lovefest
2 : 23.24 {CHF} - Almost a throw to Broken.
2 : 23.31 {FF} - He kicks to a contest.
2 : 23.37 {FF} - Poor effort from Metalcrusher and crazywildhorse takes the mark.
2 : 23.43 {FB} - crazywildhorse has it. What can he do with it?.
2 : 23.49 {FB} - Draws a man and then with hands to Sterge.
2 : 23.55 {FB} - Handpass over the shoulder to crazywildhorse.
2 : 24.01 {FB} - crazywildhorse takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.
2 : 24.08 {FB} - Handpass over the shoulder to Tigerturbulance.
The second half goes a bit quiet, but he's still doing his role on the field.
4 : 12.27 {CHF} - Fizzler streaming down the ground.
4 : 12.31 {FF} - A wobbly old kick.
4 : 12.37 {FF} - Ooh the kick has gone straight to crazywildhorse.
4 : 12.43 {FB} - crazywildhorse slowing down the play.

Now, despite the win, it was the Furies last game of the season. This meant that the only place they were going to be during the June Finals campaign was at Mad Monday festivities at Kittens. I was told to get dressed up, or I wouldn't be allowed near the rookie.

I relented.

1622896474958.png

FG: Hey Turbo, a good game to end with in Season 31, with crazywildhorse getting to be the second Gun nom for the Furies the consolation prize. How does it feel?
TT: was a great season for the Furies, we nailed the wooden spoon, Edmund hunt won the Headless Interchange trophy and now one of our Rookies is a gun Nomination, our goon drinking program is seeing some great results

FG: Congrats on getting crazywildhorse over to the Furies. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
TT: crazywildhorse followed GREENESHOOTS to the Hippodrome from the kebab shop one early morning. At first we weren't going to keep him, but once he did a nude run and we saw how hung he was he got his name we kept him

FG: He's been going quietly for you all over the qooty field, what are your on-field aspirations for crazywildhorse?
TT: he likes to run so anywhere in the middle or flanks suits him

FG: Last time we talked was for the nomination of GREENESHOOTS . How's he tracking and will there be more rookies like these two to add next season?
TT: GREENESHOOTS has taken to the Furies Flogademy training program and is doxing the course, with results like his we expect an influx of new rooks wanting to be fast tracked as professional qooty players

FG: Now that we're done with the Home and Away portion of the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
TT: would have liked to have got my hands on DockerDen5215, the little prick signed up to the Furies Flogademy program but got lovers nuts over the TheInjuryFactory and did a runner on us before we could put the furies smell on him

So that's what I smell every time the wind blows from the Punt side of Sweet. There's something else I smell in this place as well...

FG: Hey crazywildhorse! Congratulations on the nomination after all those weeks of being an honourable mention. You must be pleased with how you went in the game. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?

cwh: Yeah, to be honest it’s not clear. I remember I went to a pub one night a couple months ago and was trying for a hot chick by the bar. It’s starts to get a bit cloudy from there. I remember the chick telling me to piss off, then I remember being at a kebab joint with GREENESHOOTS (?). He was taking about free goon in a dumpster with kittens, which sounded weird but worth checking out. The last thing I remember was being naked in a dumpster realising I was late for work. That’s where Tigerturbulance turned up and told me I had joined the Furies and he’d consider giving me my clothes back.

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is Turbo, Ned, TJASTA and the rest of the Furies looking after you?
cwh: Well, I got my clothes back. That was a nice gesture. They also kept good on their promise of free goon. To be honest, it’s difficult to drink, but wow, it gets the job done. Then they gave me a job cleaning the dunny. So far I can’t complain.

FG: How do you prepare for a qooty match? Did you think you were going to be a chance of getting the nomination this week?
cwh: No. I was chucked down at fullback because Tigerturbulance was sick of doing the team list. Suddenly the algorithm has me marking everything as opposed to fumbling every time I play on.

As far as prep goes, pretty much just a sh*t, shave and manicure.

FG: What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career?
cwh: I pretty much live by the philosophy, “if I keep my expectations low, I won’t be disappointed”. I’m happy if I can run out the game.

FG: Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?
cwh: TBH, I have not paid much attention to what the other teams. Probably get to that when I finally figure out what the hell is going on around here. As far as modelling my game after another player goes, one of the first bits of advice I got was don’t be like Bastyy. So that’s what I am attempting.

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
cwh: Looking at all the noms. I’m confident enough to say I’m no chance of any chance. From what I see, DockerDen5215, Aristotle Pickett, Jabba73, Here2tellyouwhy, Freo_4eva or GREENESHOOTS would be solid choices. Infact, with $30 odds, I thought it worth a shot dumping my life savings on GREENESHOOTS.

And I suppose, that's the game. No more Home and Away rounds so all that's left is to reveal who the best rookie was overall. The odds are still up for those who reckon they know the answer and we'll just see on the night if you were correct.

So long, rooks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back