Competition Season 31 Rookie Torch of the Year - Wanted! S31 Rookies (last seen unknown, not convinced they're real)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 8 Torch Winner: BringBackTheAnchor
Rd 8 Banner.jpg
Well Round 8 has come and gone, so with that we must announce a new Torch winner.

There was a clear stand out this round, BringBackTheAnchor so I headed down to Dragon Island Subway to interview the man in question and everyone’s favourite vanilla icecream Dragon Captain serial_thrilla. I was expecting a nice meal and free refills but this absolute campaigner has put me to work. Hopefully I get some Bonz balls as payment
Torch Interview V2.jpg

Greetings Thrilla

Oh hi there Supersuns. Great to hear from you

How are the Dragons travelling this season?
The Dragons are travelling okay this season on the qooty field. Nothing sensational, but certainly nothing tragic like the Hawks. We started off wonderfully and were eyeing off top spot, but a brace of losses to the Gumbies and Royals have brought us right down to the middle of the pack.

Off field there's been some really positive development from our quartet of Season 30 rooks, with T2B_ joining the LG, MC Bad Genius getting some nice traction from his Top 10 of the Week initiative, Bradesmaen starting to really throw his weight around match threads, and VandoHawk really starting to nail his piaffe.

Recently additions Bonz and Chief have also bought into Dragon culture seamlessly, and it seems that Bastyy and eth-dog will be joining us shortly also.

All you needed to say was good mate I don’t really care. How is BringBackTheAnchor fitting in with your team?
As with most SFA rookies, he's taken a little while to figure out what this silly SFA concept is all about, but it appears with his latest media offering and his increasing presence in match threads that he's starting to get his head around it all. He's had fantastic performances on the field from the get-go, but it's nice to see him get some recognising for his posting too.

The less said about his media attempts the better I reckon, Where did you find him? And why didn’t you leave him there?
We came across BBTA during the SFA tour of the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design board. I naturally gravitated towards him since he was a Freo supporter and he seemed to be interested in the sim concept as well as engaging with a few SFAers in the match thread.

The Dragons LG seemed a little concerned that I'm turning the Dragons in a new Freo team after I also recruited Bradesmaen last season, so I've been informed that I am no longer allowed to recruit any more Dockers fans. Although Bastyy just got an exemption, so I suppose it's open season again. BBTA is warming to the SFA nicely - he's even using his graphic skills to work on an upgrade to the Dragons FFC team jumpers!

You could burn the Dragons jumpers that could definitely help. What is his posting style and strengths?
BBTA seems to have a bit of a niggling style of posting, where he gets hold of something and then won't let it go. I see this strategy doing beautifully in the SFA.

His aforementioned graphics skills are also top notch, and I hope we'll see them put to use across the league in the near future. Of course this also translates to a fair Photoshop shoop game, and from what I've seen so far I can imagine Bonz's influence should start paying dividends imminently.

We all love Bonz, that furry little campaigner just tickles me silly. How does he still have a spot on the team with his incessant Rebecca Black love?
I've been trying to stamp out this legacy of AceAndy's for several weeks now, but to no avail. Certain Dragons (ahem... Knifey Spoony and Strigoi) have been encouraging BBTA so much that I think he's beyond help. I'm not sure I'll drop him for it though, for as much as I hate Rebecca Black - our opposition hates her more: so I'm willing to cop this on the chin for the greater good.

Jesus get your house in order, now onto our Torch winner, BringBackTheAnchor. Mate you're putting to much mayo on that sub you idiot. How are you finding the SFA?
The SFA has been interesting and definitely a change from my native FJGD board. But I’ve found a way to improve my post count and become somewhat recognised in match threads. BTW can someone get in contact with a mod for me and try return my media.
#BringBackMyRebeccaBlackThread

That got landfilled like it should of, stop complaining. How are the Dragons and specifically serial_thrilla treating you?
Yeah I’ve settled in well with this mob and there’s been no issues.
Except Bonz ’s refusal to post anything Rebecca Black related.

See this is why everyone loves Bonz. What other S31 Rookies have impressed you so far?
I haven’t really looked at other match threads much but my fellow freo fan DockerDen5215 has stood out.

That campaigner also has horrible taste in music, you two go together well. What has been your posting style in the SFA?
Friday and photoshops really.

Guess ill get to the elephant in the room, Why the Rebecca Black love?
Just picked it up from my Dragons teammates Knifey Spoony and Strigoi. And due to the fact that Friday is the greatest song ever.

* me that is a horrible thing to say, What is wrong with you?
Not really sure probably a better question for my doctor.

Going to need a brain surgeon and 30 therapists to figure that one out. Are you sure you aren’t an AceAndy alt?
No I am not a AceAndy alt but by the Rebecca Black posts I don’t blame that comparison.

Well I'm not convinced but whatever, thanks for the interview lads. Shall we grab a drink?

Lets head to Crocodile Drunkees!

Great idea mate, ill have RobR and Mister M pick us up!

Which seat can I take?

funny interview.jpg

obrigado pelas fotos tony

Last edited:
View attachment 1092068
Well Round 8 has come and gone, so with that we must announce a new Torch winner.

There was a clear stand out this round, BringBackTheAnchor so I headed down to Dragon Island Subway to interview the man in question and everyone’s favourite vanilla icecream Dragon Captain serial_thrilla. I was expecting a nice meal and free refills but this absolute campaigner has put me to work. Hopefully I get some Bonz balls as payment
View attachment 1092071

Greetings Thrilla

Oh hi there Supersuns. Great to hear from you

How are the Dragons travelling this season?
The Dragons are travelling okay this season on the qooty field. Nothing sensational, but certainly nothing tragic like the Hawks. We started off wonderfully and were eyeing off top spot, but a brace of losses to the Gumbies and Royals have brought us right down to the middle of the pack.

Off field there's been some really positive development from our quartet of Season 30 rooks, with T2B_ joining the LG, MC Bad Genius getting some nice traction from his Top 10 of the Week initiative, Bradesmaen starting to really throw his weight around match threads, and VandoHawk really starting to nail his piaffe.

Recently additions Bonz and Chief have also bought into Dragon culture seamlessly, and it seems that Bastyy and eth-dog will be joining us shortly also.

All you needed to say was good mate I don’t really care. How is BringBackTheAnchor fitting in with your team?
As with most SFA rookies, he's taken a little while to figure out what this silly SFA concept is all about, but it appears with his latest media offering and his increasing presence in match threads that he's starting to get his head around it all. He's had fantastic performances on the field from the get-go, but it's nice to see him get some recognising for his posting too.

The less said about his media attempts the better I reckon, Where did you find him? And why didn’t you leave him there?
We came across BBTA during the SFA tour of the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design board. I naturally gravitated towards him since he was a Freo supporter and he seemed to be interested in the sim concept as well as engaging with a few SFAers in the match thread.

The Dragons LG seemed a little concerned that I'm turning the Dragons in a new Freo team after I also recruited Bradesmaen last season, so I've been informed that I am no longer allowed to recruit any more Dockers fans. Although Bastyy just got an exemption, so I suppose it's open season again. BBTA is warming to the SFA nicely - he's even using his graphic skills to work on an upgrade to the Dragons FFC team jumpers!

You could burn the Dragons jumpers that could definitely help. What is his posting style and strengths?
BBTA seems to have a bit of a niggling style of posting, where he gets hold of something and then won't let it go. I see this strategy doing beautifully in the SFA.

His aforementioned graphics skills are also top notch, and I hope we'll see them put to use across the league in the near future. Of course this also translates to a fair Photoshop shoop game, and from what I've seen so far I can imagine Bonz's influence should start paying dividends imminently.

We all love Bonz, that furry little campaigner just tickles me silly. How does he still have a spot on the team with his incessant Rebecca Black love?
I've been trying to stamp out this legacy of AceAndy's for several weeks now, but to no avail. Certain Dragons (ahem... Knifey Spoony and Strigoi) have been encouraging BBTA so much that I think he's beyond help. I'm not sure I'll drop him for it though, for as much as I hate Rebecca Black - our opposition hates her more: so I'm willing to cop this on the chin for the greater good.

Jesus get your house in order, now onto our Torch winner, BringBackTheAnchor. Mate you're putting to much mayo on that sub you idiot. How are you finding the SFA?
The SFA has been interesting and definitely a change from my native FJGD board. But I’ve found a way to improve my post count and become somewhat recognised in match threads. BTW can someone get in contact with a mod for me and try return my media.
#BringBackMyRebeccaBlackThread

That got landfilled like it should of, stop complaining. How are the Dragons and specifically serial_thrilla treating you?
Yeah I’ve settled in well with this mob and there’s been no issues.
Except Bonz ’s refusal to post anything Rebecca Black related.

See this is why everyone loves Bonz. What other S31 Rookies have impressed you so far?
I haven’t really looked at other match threads much but my fellow freo fan DockerDen5215 has stood out.

That campaigner also has horrible taste in music, you two go together well. What has been your posting style in the SFA?
Friday and photoshops really.

Guess ill get to the elephant in the room, Why the Rebecca Black love?
Just picked it up from my Dragons teammates Knifey Spoony and Strigoi. And due to the fact that Friday is the greatest song ever.

fu** me that is a horrible thing to say, What is wrong with you?
Not really sure probably a better question for my doctor.

Going to need a brain surgeon and 30 therapists to figure that one out. Are you sure you aren’t an AceAndy alt?
No I am not a AceAndy alt but by the Rebecca Black posts I don’t blame that comparison.

Well I'm not convinced but whatever, thanks for the interview lads. Shall we grab a drink?

Lets head to Crocodile Drunkees!

Great idea mate, ill have RobR and Mister M pick us up!

Which seat can I take?

View attachment 1092067

fu**

obrigado pelas fotos tony
Only taken 8 rounds to come up with a worthy winner. Great stuff BringBackTheAnchor :thumbsu:

Round 9 Nomination
Rd 9 Banner.jpg

With Round 9 coming to an end it was time for my esteemed fellow Committee members and myself to sit down and discuss our Rookie nominations for Round 9. After scouring the match threads and throwing things at PMBangers we came to the conclusion that only 1 rookie met the required criteria to be nominated for the Torch for Round 9. While this might please that lazy campaigner guero we would like to softly urge all remaining rookies to up your game for the remaining 6 rounds.
So without further ado our one Nomination for the week is:

Tigerturbulance & The Fighting Furies needed a midseason spark and it's been found in the depths of Bay 13 with rookie crazywildhorse making an instant impact on the Furies, promising big things on the Qooty field.

crazywildhorse said:
Wondering, how many goals should I kick this week? What is a pass mark for a rookie?
crazywildhorse said:
I was planning on doing a lot of unaccountable running up the ground. HBF is great. You get a few cheap possies in the chip it around sequence, you can blame the midfield for not putting on enough pressure when getting arse torn and you can sneak forward for time to time when you can't be farked.
This type of behaviour may be why the Furies are languishing down the bottom of the SFA Ladder. crazywildhorse also got involved in the Gumbies favourite topic of banter--food!

crazywildhorse said:
Mate, you eat marmite.
....and fixing one of Genghis Tron 's shoops. All rookies take note. A good shoop will always makes everyone laugh.

...and finishing the week going into his family history after being compared to the Gumbies horse mascot Pokey.

crazywildhorse said:
Let’s just say Pokey is made in China from inferior plasticine and I’m made from 100% Oz high tensile steel and bronze.
crazywildhorse has quickly raced into contention for the Torch during his first week in the SFA. The Rising Star committee sees a future in crazywildhorse to follow in the footsteps of the great SFA animals including Muddiemoose , Chipmunk, Bonz, Pugsley & VandoHawk

Second half of the season should be open for past round winners.

Let’s bring some spice onto this.

If only you spent as much time assisting your clubs rookies as you do complaining about the current Torch process.

If only you spent as much time assisting your clubs rookies as you do complaining about the current Torch process.
As if I don’t do it, already. If you want to spend the remaining eight weeks with no candidates, that’s upon you...

As if I don’t do it, already. If you want to spend the remaining eight weeks with no candidates, that’s upon you...

All I'm saying is that there's two rookies at your club that have gone quiet recently and could easily pick up nominations if they contributed a bit more. It's not the Rising Star Committees responsibility to encourage them to post, this is just an award to reward efforts once they are done. It's the responsibility of the clubs to ensure their rookies are contributing weekly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I'm saying is that there's two rookies at your club that have gone quiet recently and could easily pick up nominations if they contributed a bit more. It's not the Rising Star Committees responsibility to encourage them to post, this is just an award to reward efforts once they are done. It's the responsibility of the clubs to ensure their rookies are contributing weekly.
It has been quiet overall, tbh. FishingRick04 is at least posting.

powerrrrrrrrrrrr is another matter. He has VANISHED! We are trying to get in touch with him, but we haven’t been successful.

It has been quiet overall, tbh.

powerrrrrrrrrrrr is another matter. He has VANISHED! We are trying to get in touch with him, but we haven’t been successful.

The current rookie class is quieter overall, but there's still over a dozen rookies who have posted 10+ times this season who haven't got a Torch nomination yet. I believe that they deserve the opportunity to be acknowledged for their efforts without having to compete with rookies who've already been nominated.

As shown by crazywildhorse it only takes one week for a rookie to "get it" and switch from a token poster into a contributor.

Round 9 Winner: Crazywildhorse
Rd 9 Banner.jpg

Thanks to the listless performance of the remaining S31 rookies we have a winner by default for the Round 9 Torch, He has only been in the SFA a week but made an impressive splash in his first match thread. So I headed down to the horse track to see what all the hubbub was about crazywildhorse by speaking with the SFAs most physically impressive Captain Tigerturbulance.
Interview Ver 1.jpg

Greetings Turbo, How are the Furies travelling this season?
next question

Sorry mate didn’t mean to hit a nerve, How is crazywildhorse fitting in with your team?
With a name like crazywildhorse how could he not fit into the Furies stable;
although if he keeps sh!tting on the Hippodrome floor he may find himself traded or sent to the glue factory

I am in need of some Dog food mate so send him over, Where did you find him?
GREENESHOOTS came across crazywildhorse in a seedy barnyard themed strip joint betting beers he could buck anyone off his back in under 60 seconds. Apparently he won a lot of beers.

I can respect a man/horse who knows his strengths. What is his posting style like?
Its early days and he only has one match thread under his belt, but from what I've seen he can play fantasy football and tell a good yarn. Certainly a poster I expect to make an impact later in the season as he gets to know which posters have spurs and like riding bareback.

Taken to it like a horse to water then. Has he found a spot on your favourite SFA animals?
it will take more than 1 bareback ride to push out the likes of Muddiemoose, Pugsley, Bonz, Chipmunk, Riviat, GWS Goose and Strigoi. One thing in crazywildhorse's favor is he is hung like a horse, will make a good wingman for 245kg of love muscle

The moose is the worst. Along with GREENESHOOTS the Furies have a nice little rookie duo, Do you expect big things from them?
We haven't been big on taking mad numbers of rookies, we normally take on 1 each season. Getting 3 new rooks has been a great thing for the club S31, the visitors crappers have never been cleaner.

I actually ate off the floor in one of them! Thanks Turbo, looks like crazywildhorse has finished running some laps, Care to join us in the tub?

Gday Horse, How are you finding the SFA?

Let’s put it this way, this time 9 days ago I was living in obscurity and lacked direction in all matters life. Today, I won an award for just being me. So I have admit the SFA has been a very positive experience so far.

Wait till you player the Bombers, How are Turbo and Ned treating you?
They provided me with dumpster to live in, threw a brick at my head, peer pressured me to smashing the back of my head on a coffee table and made me clean the visitors dunny. Couldn’t really ask for much more.

Only one brick? They must like you. What other S31 Rookies have impressed you so far?
I was surprised to find out that GREENSHOOTS is actually a rookie. Seems to be running the joint. So him.

Shoots aint all the bad ill agree there. What has been your posting style in the SFA?
I’m not a man of many words, nor am i gifted with speedy shooping skills, so I play my role by throwing a few pertinent points into the mix.

A higher class poster then, enjoyable. Do you find comfort in the copious amounts of goon provided?
Let’s just say I’m adequately self-medicated for the first time in my life.

Just don’t get in Ned_Flanders way. Has Tigerturbulance put you to work at Kittens yet?
Yeah, I got to ‘man the door’ at my welcoming party. When I finally got in... well it all gets blurry from there.

Sounds like a standard night at Kittens then, hopefully you ended up in your own dumpster.
Well that's all from me, I'm going to head off to Kittens now to make Mister M dance for me. See you all next week!

I’m getting the feeling winning this award is kind of like a subtle hint that you are now trapped here for a long long time. It certainly puts you in a position where you cannot just slip out the back door quietly anymore. Now I understand why it’s called the torch. Quality psychological *ery

I’m getting the feeling winning this award is kind of like a subtle hint that you are now trapped here for a long long time. It certainly puts you in a position where you cannot just slip out the back door quietly anymore. Now I understand why it’s called the torch. Quality psychological f***ery
Not at all friend you're free to leave any time...
devil.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back