Competition Season 31 Rookie Torch of the Year - Wanted! S31 Rookies (last seen unknown, not convinced they're real)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was found guilty of using Committee funds to fund a 5 day cocaine and hooker fueled bender through the dark dirty parts of Sin City
Those Bears can’t handle a trip downstairs...

Round 4 Nominations
banner.jpg

It is with the utmost honour that I take over the mantle of Committee Head for this prestigious award. Although, I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little miffed that it's taken so long to recognise my obvious leadership qualities. Hell, they even gave it to guero of all people before giving me a crack. guero! Can you believe it?!?

To be honest, I'm not surprised he lasted less than a week in the role. As PMBangers kindly pointed out, his staying power has never been his strong suit. Except his power to stay in Las Vegas far longer than poor tony could keep up with. And that's a man who knows his way around lasciviousness, if you know what I mean*.

But I digress ...

While the Season 31 rookies have taken a little time to warm up, it's only Round 4 and we've already seen one of them mired in controversy. In what probably came as a shock to everyone in the SFA and not just me, it wasn't a Bombers rookie that kicked up the hornet's nest. Apart from that, there's been gifs a-plenty, including a handful of ones never before seen in the SFA, perhaps anywhere on BigFooty for that matter. So no matter what people might be saying about this crop of rookies**, they at least have some semblance of originality. Which of course is a quality in short supply at a few unnamed*** Qooty clubs.

So without further ado, the nominations for Round 4:

Warriors vs Furies
This week GREENESHOOTS sprung to life as a member of the Furies line up. From his very first post he took a swing at the big guns of the SFA:

GREENESHOOTS said:
Oh great SFA's worst ever admin and a team of mini mods- this should be fun :drunk: :drunk:
....and offering advice up to the Warriors Rookie DockerDen5215.

GREENESHOOTS said:
Hey dude no one's stopping you leaving this thread, in fact I encourage it
But on his way to 90+ posts GREENESHOOTS got a bit lazy and assigned his match posts to a CleverBot to write his responses for him. For a period of time hilarity ensured before the CleverBot turned on GREENESHOOTS and started posting erratically. In second thoughts--- the nomination for the Warriors/Furies thread this week is the Furies new Vice-Captain, Cleverbot.
Hawks vs Wonders
None qualified
Demons vs Dragons
None qualified
Bombers vs Gumbies
None qualified
Roys vs Royals
Despite promising signs from Freo_4eva and Zevon it was Aristotle Pickett who showed a bit of swagger this week from the Roys.

Mixing local history with machismo and game culture he showed a penchant for chirpy gifs and a robust appetite for fun.
Aristotle Pickett said:
IMG_0824.JPG

Yes,that's me and Farrah Fawcett shortly after making love on the set.
Aristotle Pickett said:
A guy is sitting at the doctor's office. The doctor walks in and says, "I have some bad news. I'm afraid you're going to have to stop masturbating." "I don't understand, doc," the patient says. "Why?" "Because," the doctor says. "I'm trying to examine you"
Aristotle Pickett said:
Where am I fellow RoyBoys?
Aristotle Pickett said:
It was the North Fitzroy Arms hotel.
I think Bernie Quinlan was the barman. (Last sentence may not be true unless Bernie looks like a 28yo hipster wearing opp shop clothes)

IMG_0825.JPG

Aristotle Pickett said:
New game popular in Japan.

IMG_0826.GIF

Aristotle Pickett said:
Good luck to the Golden City team. The Roys are due for a win and should win.Roys by 27points.

IMG_0827.GIF

Swamprats vs Bears
powerrrrrrrrrrrr laying down the 411 on Parma pronunciation and pineapple on pizza
powerrrrrrrrrrrr said:
I bet all you Parma people are also the types that hate pineapple on pizza.
powerrrrrrrrrrrr said:
God Made pineapple just to be on pizza. Nothing else
Ensuring the bears are thinking healthy when engaging in post match activities
powerrrrrrrrrrrr said:
As long as it’s Diet Coke that’s ok.
powerrrrrrrrrrrr said:
Have you ever got coke up your nose? Man the bubbles and fizz are a total nightmare

* I mean, he's a sexual deviant.
** People are saying that they're a bunch of self-important flogs who have an unearned superiority complex. But they say that about every crop of rookies, so screw em.
*** Of course we all know we're talking about the Bombers and the Karens Wonders.

View attachment 1070170

It is with the utmost honour that I take over the mantle of Committee Head for this prestigious award. Although, I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little miffed that it's taken so long to recognise my obvious leadership qualities. Hell, they even gave it to guero of all people before giving me a crack. guero! Can you believe it?!?

To be honest, I'm not surprised he lasted less than a week in the role. As PMBangers kindly pointed out, his staying power has never been his strong suit. Except his power to stay in Las Vegas far longer than poor tony could keep up with. And that's a man who knows his way around lasciviousness, if you know what I mean*.

But I digress ...

While the Season 31 rookies have taken a little time to warm up, it's only Round 4 and we've already seen one of them mired in controversy. In what probably came as a shock to everyone in the SFA and not just me, it wasn't a Bombers rookie that kicked up the hornet's nest. Apart from that, there's been gifs a-plenty, including a handful of ones never before seen in the SFA, perhaps anywhere on BigFooty for that matter. So no matter what people might be saying about this crop of rookies**, they at least have some semblance of originality. Which of course is a quality in short supply at a few unnamed*** Qooty clubs.

Warriors vs Furies
This week GREENESHOOTS sprung to life as a member of the Furies line up. From his very first post he took a swing at the big guns of the SFA:

But on his way to 90+ posts GREENESHOOTS got a bit lazy and assigned his match posts to a CleverBot to write his responses for him. For a period of time hilarity ensured before the CleverBot turned on GREENESHOOTS and started posting erratically. In second thoughts--- the nomination for the Warriors/Furies thread this week is the Furies new Vice-Captain, Cleverbot.
Hawks vs Wonders
None qualified
Demons vs Dragons
None qualified
Bombers vs Gumbies
None qualified
Roys vs Royals
Despite promising signs from Freo_4eva and Zevon it was Aristotle Pickett who showed a bit of swagger this week from the Roys.

Mixing local history with machismo and game culture he showed a penchant for chirpy gifs and a robust appetite for fun.

Swamprats vs Bears
powerrrrrrrrrrrr laying down the 411 on Parma pronunciation and pineapple on pizza

** People are saying that they're a bunch of self-important flogs who have an unearned superiority complex. But they say that about every crop of rookies, so screw em.
*** Of course we all know we're talking about the Bombers and the Karens Wonders.
At this point Cleverbot should win the EKA.

Hey man I've propped up your chances massively this week, all yours now ;)
I can't even win this stupid award again. I already got nominated in round 1.

You'll get it next week I'm sure. Just use your head next time.

Well there's only one Rookie of the Year Denny, I'll have to mount a big comeback.
Just take a play out of PMBangers book and force yourself into every possible conversation and try to be as whiny as possible. That's how he won it.

View attachment 1070170

But I digress ...

Warriors vs Furies

Hawks vs Wonders
None qualified
Demons vs Dragons
None qualified
Bombers vs Gumbies
None qualified
Roys vs Royals

Swamprats vs Bears

Dragon takeover! Excellent. 🐉
Get yourself ready BringBackTheAnchor. :)

View attachment 1070170

It is with the utmost honour that I take over the mantle of Committee Head for this prestigious award...

... So no matter what people might be saying about this crop of rookies**, they at least have some semblance of originality. Which of course is a quality in short supply at a few unnamed*** Qooty clubs.

Swamprats vs Bears

"I wanna hear you! Who's gonna be the Torch?!"

I've got the powerrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've got the powerrrrrrrrrrrr to win
powerrrrrrrrrrrr to rule
Come on! Swamprats aggression

He is the powerrrrrrrrrrrr from Port
The BigFooty Board
It's a true Alberton tradition

We'll never stop, stop, stop
'cause we're top, top, top
There's history here in the making

powerrrrrrrrrrrr for the win
We'll never give in
The Torch is ours for the taking

powerrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
If powerrrrrrrrrrrr doesn’t get this award soon than us Rats are starting a revolution, these other teams rookies are just cannon fodder for us.

This thread is a shambles. Never would've happened under my watch.
That’s precisely what I’ve learned after reading “Rising Star: a history”, by A.B.E. Have you read it, too? The book ends abruptly at S29, but it’s well written.

You're meant to make it better though, not worse.
At some point, one must start wonder whether the issue is not lack of will, but of talent...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back