Official Match Thread SEASON 31 - ROUND 12:Roys FFC vs Las Vegas Bears at the BJO

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2015
Spotswood Campus
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍Ophidian Old Boys🐍
ruys v bears.jpg

Roys FFC vs Las Vegas Bears at the BJO Preview

The biggest match on the SFA calendar outside of the grand final is nearly upon us, the ANZAC Day Round. ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) Day is the anniversary of the landing of troops from Australia and New Zealand on the Gallipoli Peninsula, Turkey, in World War I on April 25, 1915. This Anzac Day we’ll come together, in person and in spirit, to commemorate the men and women who have served our nation in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations.

The tenth placed Bears loss against the Hawks last week meant it was their third consecutive loss and 4 losses out of their last five appearances. You can expect MWPP to make a lot of defensive changes to their structure after conceding 21 qoals against the Hawks, a side sitting lower than them on the ladder.

Meanwhile, the Roys are only sitting a win short of making the eight and after scoring their second loss in a row last week will be looking to notch up a win and make a late drive to cement a place in the finals.

The Bears will want to get the most out inform ruckmoose Muddiemoose. If the big unit can get the better of his smaller opponent JackNah_8 in the ruck battle, the Bears will go a long way to taking this game by the antlers.

The Roys will need to improve their ability down forward to score. Currently the Roy’s are sitting last place for qoals scored this season. As the engine for the Roys; cats2rise, Runk and Wosh need to get first use of the qooty and lift their work rates if fitzroybowiedog is going to have any chance of kicking decent total this week.

Bears fans will be happy to see lively full forward Metalcrusher hitting form in the forward line this season, kicking 5 qoals last game. Crushys large aggressive presence has certainly been impressive inside 50 this season and if he can keep his body in check may drag the Bears to a win this week.

It’s a tough match to predict considering the Bears and Roys poor form this season. The Bears sitting on 3 losses in a row must be due for a win; surly the Sim can’t be that cruel and make it 4 loses in a row. But I wouldn’t count the Roys out either as they don’t lose more than 2 in a row. Bears to WIN.

Roys FFC vs Las Vegas Bears S31 Form

Roys LWWLL 9th Place

Bears LWLLL 10th Place

Last edited:
Apparently Metalcrusher is going to be wearing his pink tutu for this match, shows off his, I love Shane McAdam tattoo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its good to play the roys, always one of my favourite weeks of the season.
Just as well that they’re the team we’re playing twice in 6 weeks this season then :D
It’s ANZAC weekend too. How fitting :)
But yeah likewise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back