Official Match Thread Season 31, Round 14: Gold City Royals vs Roys FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Too close for comfort and a bumper finish, thanks for the contest Roys and again for the week. Pure chill. Hopefully you find your feet next week, would rather see you guys in finals than some other clubs (not disclosing because then everyone gets paranoid).

Nice win Royals, didn't want to get into a run of losses. I think we all have plenty to thank NTRabbit for, six goals was immense from the pocket.

Match Preview <3
Welcome to the Season 31, Round 14 clash between the Gold City Royals and the Roys FFC, in what is the Roys' 500th SFA fixture.

The Royals have entered Round 14 having been trounced by a resurgent Gumbies side, in the process falling out of the top four. On the other hand, the Roys enter Round 14 unlucky to have not secured the full 4 points on offer against the Demons, with Mobbs failing to take a late opportunity to seal a fairytale win for his side.

For me, this game comes down to which team has the most desire to put a score on the board early. The first side to kick a goal will certainly win. NTRabbit looks to me like exactly the type of player to burst out of the blocks with four first-quarter goals, which is fortunate as he'll be covering for his less talented full forward The Filth Wizard all day long.

In what will be an unremarkable game of QOOTY, I envisage the Royals establishing a massive lead, only for the Roys to cut it back with scoring opportunity after scoring opportunity in the final quarter. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be enough, and if you have to push me I'll tip the Royals by 8 points, BRAB to go without a disposal because he's rubbish, and a tired Mobbs to wind up sitting on the pine after an unproductive day.

A win to the Royals will probably push them into rarified air in the top four, while the Roys will slide out of the top eight after the Hawks resurgance continues with them winning their fourth match in a row.

Welcome to the Season 31, Round 14 clash between the Gold City Royals and the Roys FFC, in what is the Roys' 500th SFA fixture.

The Royals have entered Round 14 having been trounced by a resurgent Gumbies side, in the process falling out of the top four. On the other hand, the Roys enter Round 14 unlucky to have not secured the full 4 points on offer against the Demons, with Mobbs failing to take a late opportunity to seal a fairytale win for his side.

For me, this game comes down to which team has the most desire to put a score on the board early. The first side to kick a goal will certainly win. NTRabbit looks to me like exactly the type of player to burst out of the blocks with four first-quarter goals, which is fortunate as he'll be covering for his less talented full forward The Filth Wizard all day long.

In what will be an unremarkable game of QOOTY, I envisage the Royals establishing a massive lead, only for the Roys to cut it back with scoring opportunity after scoring opportunity in the final quarter. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be enough, and if you have to push me I'll tip the Royals by 8 points, BRAB to go without a disposal because he's rubbish, and a tired Mobbs to wind up sitting on the pine after an unproductive day.

A win to the Royals will probably push them into rarified air in the top four, while the Roys will slide out of the top eight after the Hawks resurgance continues with them winning their fourth match in a row.

burn the witch.gif

uncanny

Great write up, can't lose this game. Let's go Royals.

Pretty accurate except for the rarefied air thing.

Pretty accurate except for the rarefied air thing.
Forgive me friend for being so awful to you, but we’re sworn enemies ever since The Half Back pointed out that you’re going to beat me to 1,000 goals. I took that s**t personally.

Not what The Half Back said , that’s true AF. I’m taking my absolute QOOTY incompetence personally 😢

Roys sign Tarks!! <3
The Roys are the place to be for Qooty incompetence !!! Roys sign Tarkyn_24 !!
Hold on, you can’t sign me against my will!

...Ah well, I probably would’ve chosen to sign up anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 : 12.31 {FB} - spookism looking for a lead.
4 : 12.36 - <<< _Mike_ is coming on to replace Mobbs >>>
4 : 12.46 {FB} - spookism has possession.
4 : 12.5 {rBP} - He tries to find Noobz0r with a chip pass.
4 : 12.56 {rBP} - Noobz0r can't take it.
4 : 13 {rBP} - Noobz0r slowing down the play.
4 : 13.06 {rBP} - Noobz0r crunched by RU_! Noobz0r very slow to get up.
4 : 13.1 {lFP} - RU_ hits the ground running.
4 : 13.15 {rFP} - Quick hands to Barrels.
4 : 13.21 {rFP} - Barrels goes for goal.
4 : 13.25 {rFP} - Did spookism manage to get a finger to it? He did.
Gold City Royals : 12.6.78
Roys FFC : 7.8.50
4 : 13.35 {FB} - Blacky with the ball now.
4 : 13.41 {FB} - Off the side of the boot - and out on the full.
4 : 13.46 {lFP} - The ball is now with RU_.
4 : 13.5 {lFP} - He has a shot from nowhere.
4 : 13.56 {lFP} - RU_'s kick is close. A goal!.
Roys FFC : 8.8.56
4 : 14 {C} - Superb ruckwork from GreyCrow.
4 : 14.1 {lW} - Wosh has it. What can he do with it?.
4 : 14.15 {rW} - Sees cats2rise out of the corner of his eye.
4 : 14.21 {rW} - cats2rise takes the mark on the second attempt.
4 : 14.25 {rW} - cats2rise looking for a lead.
4 : 14.31 {rW} - But a free kick for kicking in danger.
4 : 14.35 {lW} - MrPremiership slowing down the play.
4 : 14.41 {lW} - A wild handball - but luckily nahnah was well placed to clean up.
4 : 14.45 {C} - A poor handpass but Paddles_ is up to the challenge.
4 : 14.49 {rHFF} - He looks for Easty.
4 : 14.55 {rHFF} - Easty spills the mark.
4 : 15 {rHBF} - Freo_4eva has it.
4 : 15.06 {C} - His kick is towards Zevon.
4 : 15.1 {C} - Zevon stretches and takes the overhead mark.
4 : 15.14 {C} - Zevon takes off.
4 : 15.21 {C} - A poor handpass but Supersuns is up to the challenge.
4 : 15.24 {lW} - Sees Wosh out of the corner of his eye.
4 : 15.31 {lW} - Wosh takes the mark.
4 : 15.35 {lW} - Wosh slowing down the play.
4 : 15.41 {rW} - He beckons for a lead.
4 : 15.45 {rW} - But he picks out MrPremiership.
4 : 15.49 {lW} - MrPremiership signals for his teammates to present.
4 : 15.55 {lW} - Flicks it to nahnah.
4 : 16 {rW} - Handpass to space. ShaunDuggan runs onto it.
4 : 16.06 {rW} - The players stop in confusion. For some reason the ump has paid a free to ShaunDuggan.
4 : 16.1 {lW} - With the ball is Wosh.
4 : 16.14 {lW} - Wosh takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.
4 : 16.2 {lW} - Handpass over the shoulder to JackNah_8.
4 : 16.24 {lW} - nahnah sews him up!.
4 : 16.3 {lW} - So MrPremiership ... with a moment to digest his options.
4 : 16.34 {lW} - Where did cats2rise come from? Great tackle.
4 : 16.38 {rW} - cats2rise with the ball now.
4 : 16.45 {rW} - Supersuns runs past and takes the handpass.
4 : 16.49 {CHF} - Sees _Mike_ ahead and sends it his way.
4 : 16.55 {CHF} - _Mike_ can't mark but is able to bring the ball to ground.
4 : 16.59 {CHF} - _Mike_ wants to get on with proceedings.
4 : 17.06 {lHFF} - Handpasses to Allikat.
4 : 17.1 {lHFF} - That's a monster kick ....
4 : 17.13 {lHFF} - He could have done more with that. One behind.
Roys FFC : 8.9.57
4 : 17.24 {FB} - spookism looks downfield.
4 : 17.3 {rHBF} - Danger in Texas makes an offer.
4 : 17.34 {rHBF} - Danger in Texas outbodies Allikat and takes the mark.
4 : 17.38 {rHBF} - With the ball is Danger in Texas.
4 : 17.45 {FB} - A wild handball - but luckily Blacky was well placed to clean up.
4 : 17.49 {FB} - Blacky sells the dummy and helps himself to a bounce.
4 : 17.55 {rHBF} - He kicks to a contest.
4 : 17.59 {rHBF} - Allikat is third man up and takes it easily.
4 : 18.03 {lHFF} - Nobody's checking Allikat.
4 : 18.09 {lHFF} - Allikat has a shot from fifty.
4 : 18.13 {lHFF} - Goooooooooooaaaaaaaaallll.
Roys FFC : 9.9.63
4 : 18.19 {C} - Big tap from GreyCrow.
4 : 18.3 {lW} - TedDougChris scoops up the ball.
4 : 18.34 {lW} - TedDougChris takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.
4 : 18.38 {lW} - Crunching tackle by ShaunDuggan.
4 : 18.45 {lW} - MrPremiership with a moment to look downfield.
4 : 18.48 {lW} - A quick handpass to Marlowe.
4 : 18.55 {CHF} - He sees a lead by CakeEater and kicks in that direction.
4 : 18.59 {CHF} - Poor option and Mooch makes him pay by chipping in for the mark.
4 : 19.03 {lHBF} - Now royboy2 has the ball. What can he do with it?.
4 : 19.09 {rHBF} - Freo_4eva screaming for the ball - and he is heard.
4 : 19.13 {rHBF} - Top mark Freo_4eva.
4 : 19.19 {rHBF} - Freo_4eva slowing down the play.
4 : 19.23 - <<< windyhill is coming on to replace Beandip >>>
4 : 19.34 {rHBF} - So Freo_4eva ... with a moment to digest his options.
4 : 19.38 {C} - Kicks to a contest - Zevon looks to get to thre front.
4 : 19.44 {C} - But Paddles_ is better positioned and marks safely.
4 : 19.48 {C} - Nobody's checking Paddles_.
4 : 19.54 {C} - Paddles_ just boots it forward towards the boundary. The umpire pings him for deliberate.
4 : 19.58 {C} - Zevon slowing down the play.
4 : 20.02 {rW} - Handpass to space. cats2rise runs onto it.
4 : 20.08 {rW} - cats2rise sells the dummy and helps himself to a bounce.
4 : 20.13 {rHFF} - He has another one.
4 : 20.19 {FF} - A measured kick to fitzroybowiedog.
4 : 20.23 {FF} - But he picks out the opposition.
4 : 20.3 {FB} - Blacky with the ball now.
4 : 20.34 {lHBF} - He kicks off the wrong boot.
4 : 20.37 {lHBF} - Aristotle Pickett claims the mark but its play on.
4 : 20.44 {rHFF} - The ball is now with Aristotle Pickett.
4 : 20.48 {rW} - Handpasses to TedDougChris.
4 : 20.54 {lW} - A poor handpass but Wosh is up to the challenge.
4 : 20.58 {CHF} - A worm burner to _Mike_.
4 : 21.02 {CHF} - brahj drops an absolute sitter.
4 : 21.08 {CHF} - _Mike_ looking for a lead.
4 : 21.13 {FF} - He gets boot to ball immediately.
4 : 21.19 {FF} - fitzroybowiedog can't mark but is able to bring the ball to ground.
4 : 21.23 {FB} - Blacky weaves through the congestion.
4 : 21.29 {lBP} - A wild kick laterally towards spookism.
4 : 21.33 {lBP} - That's poor kicking and the mark is swallowed up by Barrels.
4 : 21.37 {rFP} - Barrels through heavy traffic.
4 : 21.43 {rFP} - This for the opportunity of a lifetime.
4 : 21.47 {rFP} - Barrels boots it through and lets spookism know all about it.
Roys FFC : 10.9.69
4 : 21.53 {C} - GreyCrow times his jump well and wins the tap.
4 : 22.02 {lW} - MrPremiership sizes the options in front of him.
4 : 22.08 {lW} - Great tackle by cats2rise.
4 : 22.12 {rW} - cats2rise wants to get on with proceedings.
4 : 22.19 {rW} - He has a bounce.
4 : 22.23 {CHF} - _Mike_ trying to offer a lead.
4 : 22.29 {CHF} - _Mike_ has surprised even himself by taking the mark.
4 : 22.33 {CHF} - So _Mike_ ... with a moment to digest his options.
4 : 22.37 {rHFF} - He kicks sideways towards Aristotle Pickett.
4 : 22.43 {rHFF} - Smartys Power reckons he got a touch to that but the umpire's having none of it. Mark to Aristotle Pickett.
4 : 22.47 {rHFF} - Aristotle Pickett to send the ball forward.
4 : 22.53 {CHF} - Handballs over the top to _Mike_.
4 : 22.58 {CHF} - Long shot at goal from _Mike_.
4 : 23.02 {CHF} - Bending back ... too far. A minor score to _Mike_.
Roys FFC : 10.10.70
4 : 23.12 {FB} - Noobz0r signals for his teammates to present.
4 : 23.18 {lHBF} - A measured kick to Smartys Power.
4 : 23.22 {lHBF} - Ooh the kick has gone straight to Aristotle Pickett.
4 : 23.27 {rHFF} - Now Aristotle Pickett has the ball. What can he do with it?.
4 : 23.32 {lHFF} - He tries to find Allikat with a chip pass.
4 : 23.37 {lHFF} - Allikat slips at the crucial moment and its marked by Danger in Texas.
4 : 23.43 {CHB} - brahj to send the ball forward.
4 : 23.47 {CHB} - Huge handpass to nahnah. As good as a kick.
4 : 23.53 {CHB} - JackNah_8 drags nahnah down beautifully.
4 : 23.57 {CHF} - Nobody's checking _Mike_.
4 : 24.01 {CHF} - _Mike_ has time to take a bounce.
4 : 24.08 {rFP} - That's a real finger-breaker in the direction of Barrels.
4 : 24.12 {rFP} - The umpire calls play on.
4 : 24.18 {lBP} - spookism signals for his teammates to present.
4 : 24.22 {rBP} - Kick goes sideways.
4 : 24.27 {rBP} - Noobz0r runs back with the flight of the ball and takes it!.
4 : 24.32 {rBP} - Noobz0r has possession.
4 : 24.37 {rBP} - Draws a man and then with hands to Marlowe.
4 : 24.43 {rHBF} - An underground handpass to GreyCrow.
4 : 24.47 {FB} - A poor handpass but Blacky is up to the challenge.
4 : 24.51 {FB} - A wild handball - but luckily Marlowe was well placed to clean up.
4 : 24.57 {rBP} - He transfers play using Noobz0r.
=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
Roys FFC : 10.10.70
=====================================

Match Over!
images - 2021-05-10T151345.643.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back