Official Match Thread Season 31 Round 4 - Roys FFC vs Gold City Royals at the BJO

Remove this Banner Ad

1613971656042.png 1613971665977.png

The Gold City Royals title defence has gotten off to an interesting start, only managing 6 goals in a round one loss to the Rats, an 11 goal thrashing of the Gumbies in round two and a touch 1 goal loss to the Bombers at home last week. The Roys started the season with a win over the Hawks, but the last two starts they have faltered, with a 40 point loss to the Demons followed by a tough 4 goal loss to the Dragons.

Players to Watch

Roys FFC

Supersuns – Not everaging the most disposals for the Roys so far (Wosh and Runk both averaging more), but Suns 18.7 touches goes along with his 6.7 tackles 6.7 free kicks for (wtf?!) and 82 DT points per game. He is getting in and under, winning the football or winning a free kick which you love to see. The Royals are going to have a tough time trying to contain him.

Wosh – Coming back into the league this season, it is great to see Wosh winning plenty of the football, averaging a team high 20.7 disposals per game as well as 70 exie points per contest. Look for her to have another strong outing here.

Gold City Royals

GreyCrow – The premiership ruck is back at it this season, leading the lacklustre Royals in the early season. GC is collecting 10.3 hitouts to go with a team high 19.3 disposals, 2 tackles and 1.3 goals per outing. Unfortunately for Crow, the rest of the Royals midfield is struggling, with the next best performer being Marlowe with just 17.3 touches per game. Need a big lift from the entire midfield group this week.

nahnah – In a midfield that isn’t winning a lot of the football, nahnah is trying week in and week out to lift the Royals, and is doing so to the tune of 17 disposals, 5.3 tackles, 4.3 free kicks and 1.7 goals per game. The Royals are going to need to increase their input significantly this week to feed the likes of CakeEater and The Filth Wizard if they are any chance of getting the W.

Royals by 18 here.​

Fond memories of last season's match thread with the Royals. Looking forward to the week.

how was it, my memory is rubbish.
my therapist says its because i'm not present enough in my reality, as i am fighting anxiety too often.
I think it's because there ain't much worth remembering.

Wow, it seems like only yesterday we were in a nail biter against the Bombers and now here we are, at the BJO.

Royals, again, a must win, unfortunately yet again against a team that wants some revenge against us for S30. So y'know, let's do it. These are swell guys and girls though.

Marlowe, GreyCrow, Smartys Power, Paddles_, Kapow!!!, BRAB, ShaunDuggan, Cesoir, Easty, nahnah, Ulahoopski, Noobz0r, spookism, MrPremiership, grumbleguts, Blacky, brahj, NTRabbit, CakeEater, The acurate one, Dennis Confetti, Danger in Texas, Gadzorks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how was it, my memory is rubbish.
my therapist says its because i'm not present enough in my reality, as i am fighting anxiety too often.
I think it's because there ain't much worth remembering.
Well Roys and Royals isn't too far of a stretch.

Favourite Als. Go.

I think Al Pacino is up there.

Favourite is tough.
I like Al Pacino, but is he me favourite. My Sister is an Al, as is my Dad, but their hardly my favourites.
Maybe Al Horford, or Al Bundy. Maybe Al Murray.
No.
It's gotta be Al Swearengen

Favourite is tough.
I like Al Pacino, but is he me favourite. My Sister is an Al, as is my Dad, but their hardly my favourites.
Maybe Al Horford, or Al Bundy. Maybe Al Murray.
No.
It's gotta be Al Swearengen
On the money.

1613976715162.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back