Official Match Thread Season 31 Round 5: Coney Island Warriors vs Gumbies FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 31 Round 5: Coney Island Warriors vs Gumbies FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

warriors_gumbies.png

Overview

Good evening SFA. As part of the latest recruitment drive, we are targeting the magical community. After all, both of our sports start with a Q and are fantasy related. So as a way of making qooty more accessible whilst complying with the International Statue of Secrecy, we, The Weird Sisters are holding a song contest for pre-match entertainment. As Dumbledore once said, music is a magic beyond all we do here!

Last week the Warriors felt like they'd won the battle of Waterloo as they kept the Furies winless. It is their best start to a season since S27. They are hosting a struggling Gumbies team who are currently floating in a dark sea of despair; can a bit of quick wand-work improve their chances?

Last Time They Met
In a Season 30, Round 9 blockbuster posted by Professor Agent93, the Gumbies held off the very strong Warriors by a single point in an incredible spectacle. Rodney Dangerfield normally gets No Respect from the Sim for his hard work, but in this game he was the star of the Gumbies, kicking 7 goals and kicking the final point that cinched the win. It's a pity this isn't an actual song nominated, seems like he might be up for billy contention... On the other hand, you can't stop Natural Disasters, and ND kicked 5 for his team (alongside craffles). Unfortunately, his missed goal would come back to haunt him like Moaning Myrtle by the end. TubbsFarquhar had a brilliant day out with 22 possessions, 12 marks for 92 DT but found himself getting on the Butterbeers at the end of the day.

Songs to Watch
Despite a seemingly modest 10 disposals and 7 marks, omgfridge managed to massacre his Bomber opponent last week, bringing refrigerated Realness to the runway Qooty field. Meanwhile, the Warriors Captain had a complete and utter Meltdown in the Furies thread last week, and no doubt he'll use that to fuel the Fiendfyre on Sunday.

On the flip side, it was a Blue Monday for Gumbies' BlueE, as he commiserated after receiving donuts against the Bombers on the weekend. An insipid performance will surely get him the billy this week.

Harry-potter1-boats.jpg

Botes
5) RuPaul - "The Realness" - omgfridge (GUM)
4) New Order - "Blue Monday" - BlueE (GUM)
3) South - "Natural Disasters" - NaturalDisaster (CIW)
2) Mashd N Kutcher - "Get On The Beers" - TubbsFarquhar (CIW)
1) AC/DC - "Meltdown" - TheInjuryFactory (CIW)
Billy Madison: Rodney Dangerfield - "No Respect" - Rodney Dangerfield (GUM)

Prediction
Warriors by 12

Quidditch Captains, please have a valid team sheet submitted before the Voting Deadline of 11:59pm AEDT this Thursday

Mischief Managed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My song is a good reflective on my post-match thoughts. Sometimes pre-match too but that's not recommended. Beers can be a good stress reliever but, ultimately, too many will effect co-ordination and will leave you chundering during the match.

Everything I've heard is that this should be a cakewalk compared to last week.
You lot would like an easy week after the recent meltdown I suppose

My song is a good reflective on my post-match thoughts. Sometimes pre-match too but that's not recommended. Beers can be a good stress reliever but, ultimately, too many will effect co-ordination and will leave you chundering during the match.
We do a mix of all of these which is probably why we're 1-3.

You lot would like an easy week after the recent meltdown I suppose
Honestly the only decent week we've had is against the Wonders.

And we must never speak of last week again. That was a trainwreck.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back