Official Match Thread Season 31 Round 5: Roys FFC vs Baghdad Bombers at the BJO (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 31 Round 5: Roys FFC vs Baghdad Bombers at the BJO (MOTR)

roys_bombers.png

Overview
Good evening SFA. As part of the latest recruitment drive, we are targeting the magical community. After all, both of our sports start with a Q and are fantasy related. So as a way of making qooty more accessible whilst complying with the International Statue of Secrecy, we, The Weird Sisters are holding a song contest for pre-match entertainment. As Dumbledore once said, music is a magic beyond all we do here!

On Sunday the Roys gave Gold City a Royal shellacking, and whilst they might be in the air tonight they need to have their wits about them as they are hosting a fierce Bombers outfit, whom pummelled the Gumbies into submission at their home ground. This is the match of the round folks, so hold onto your Wizard and Witches hats!

Last Time They Met
In the Wizard's Chess-themed round hosted by Grandmaster Chipmunk back in Season 30, Round 7, it was an intense goal-kicking battle that saw the Roys victors by a measly 3 points, leaving the Road to Baghdad with their heads high. For the Bombers, miggs the Prefect's game was Perfect, with an incredible 9.5 scoring shots and a total of 113 DT points to his name. The sky was the limit for Cadsky, racking up 31 disposals and scoring 3 Mobbs points as a result. Unfortunately for the Bombers, Cadsky left them for greener pastures at the end of the season, and as a result is DQ. For the Roys, Mooch kicked a Seven Nation Army, his 8 kicks for the entire game focussed solely on winning that Quidditch Cup.

Songs to Watch
BLUEALLTHRU was singing da ba dee da ba di after his performance last week, his ruckwork and posting prowess earning him an Outstanding in his O.W.Ls. On the opposing side, JackNah_8 went down to the Tennis Court and rucked it up like yeah with 11 hitouts, 25 possies and a goal. Could she make the magic happen again this week?

On the opposing scale, Beandip had an absolute shocker, taking one catch and dishing out one throw for the entire Quidditch match. Looks like he's receiving the Billy this week!

Harry-potter1-boats.jpg

Botes
5) Lorde - "Tennis Court" - JackNah_8 (ROY)
4) Eiffel 65 - "I'm Blue" - BLUEALLTHRU (BOM)
3) Bomfunk MCs - "Sky's The Limit" - Cadsky (BOM)
2) The White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army" - Mooch (ROY)
1) MIGGS - "Perfect" - miggs (BOM)
Billy Madison: Neja - "Shock!" - Beandip (ROY)

Prediction
Bombers by 15

Quidditch Captains, please have a valid team sheet submitted before the Voting Deadline of 11:59pm AEDT this Thursday

Mischief Managed

Last edited:
Season 31 Round 5: Roys FFC vs Baghdad Bombers at the BJO (MOTR)

View attachment 1067987

Overview
Good evening SFA. As part of the latest recruitment drive, we are targeting the magical community. After all, both of our sports start with a Q and are fantasy related. So as a way of making qooty more accessible whilst complying with the International Statue of Secrecy, we, The Weird Sisters are holding a song contest for pre-match entertainment. As Dumbledore once said, music is a magic beyond all we do here!

On Sunday the Roys gave Gold City a Royal shellacking, and whilst they might be in the air tonight they need to have their wits about them as they are hosting a fierce Bombers outfit, whom pummelled the Gumbies into submission at their home ground. This is the match of the round folks, so hold onto your Wizard and Witches hats!

Last Time They Met
In the Wizard's Chess-themed round hosted by Grandmaster Chipmunk back in Season 30, Round 7, it was an intense goal-kicking battle that saw the Roys victors by a measly 3 points, leaving the Road to Baghdad with their heads high. For the Bombers, miggs the Prefect's game was Perfect, with an incredible 9.5 scoring shots and a total of 113 DT points to his name. The sky was the limit for Cadsky, racking up 31 disposals and scoring 3 Mobbs points as a result. Unfortunately for the Bombers, Cadsky left them for greener pastures at the end of the season, and as a result is DQ. For the Roys, Mooch kicked a Seven Nation Army, his 8 kicks for the entire game focussed solely on winning that Quidditch Cup.

Songs to Watch
BLUEALLTHRU was singing da ba dee da ba di after his performance last week, his ruckwork and posting prowess earning him an Outstanding in his O.W.Ls. On the opposing side, JackNah_8 went down to the Tennis Court and rucked it up like yeah with 11 hitouts, 25 possies and a goal. Could she make the magic happen again this week?

On the opposing scale, Beandip had an absolute shocker, taking one catch and dishing out one throw for the entire Quidditch match. Looks like he's receiving the Billy this week!

View attachment 1067988

Botes
5) Lorde - "Tennis Court" - JackNah_8 (ROY)
4) Eiffel 65 - "I'm Blue" - BLUEALLTHRU (BOM)
3) Bomfunk MCs - "Sky's The Limit" - Cadsky (BOM)
2) The White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army" - Mooch (ROY)
1) MIGGS - "Perfect" - miggs (BOM)
Billy Madison: Neja - "Shock!" - Beandip (ROY)

Prediction
Bombers by 15

Quidditch Captains, please have a valid team sheet submitted before the Voting Deadline of 11:59pm AEDT this Thursday

Mischief Managed
Top write up and worth the wait! Loved how little old me was mentioned, at least externally I am valued!

Good evening Bombers and Roys.

I have waited along time for this match and I have an axe to grind.

My 1st season was marred with poor captaincy, zero engagement or fun with the LG and basically just sent out as cannon fodder.

I'm a bigger Man now and ready for your 2 posts each.

See you tomorrow.

My 1st season was marred with poor captaincy, zero engagement or fun with the LG and basically just sent out as cannon fodder.

See you tomorrow.
See you here for 10 o clock turmeric lattes. BYO axe.

See you here for 10 o clock turmeric lattes. BYO axe.
I've noticed your recruitment from a far and could only come to the conclusion you were sent to help. I noticed you started a thread called Plates and Paddocks and you are very knowledgeable on all things gardening and dining.

I have a stubborn problem with an old root that will not come/put out what can I do Wosh Burke?

See you tomorrow.
Subscribed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've noticed your recruitment from a far and could only come to the conclusion you were sent to help. I noticed you started a thread called Plates and Paddocks and you are very knowledgeable on all things gardening and dining.

I have a stubborn problem with an old root that will not come/put out what can I do Wosh Burke?
The Roys don’t need help and didn’t recruit me, I came to them because they are a great club and I love playing battleship.
As for your rooting problem, dig up.

I’m shocked to be sitting here! I’m sure you'll be in a very good place soon.
Not all of us get to rock avs by clearly incredible artists so I hope so.

How the hell does Cadsky get a song listing in the OP when he plays for another club?

Must have made quite an impression last season

How the hell does Cadsky get a song listing in the OP when he plays for another club?

Must have made quite an impression last season

It's an Easter Egg, to see who's paying attention :)

In all seriousness, the songs seem to be the best performers from last season’s game.

It's an Easter Egg, to see who's paying attention :)

In all seriousness, the songs seem to be the best performers from last season’s game.
At least the last time they met.

Plus I thought it would be a funny joke to say he was DQ.

Welcome to BJ Oval Bombers, but don’t let the name fool you, the Roys don’t give it up for free...

A minties wrapper and some belly button lint should do the trick.

Let’s have a great week reprobates, lotta energy lotta focus.

miggs, Santoz, mochacinolatte, Jabba73, Kilroy, Here2tellyouwhy,
RobR, iDon, Bovo, Requiem, VSTone, BLUEALLTHRU, Pugsley, Tony Lynn 15, TheCoach16, MITS, The Jesus, Judd_Magic, HereComesJuddy, LicoriceAllsorts, SammaGilberto, Antonio BlueVein,
snozulu, kickthething, KohPhi, CALL ME SNAKE , Keg still on legs

Thanks for the OP Hot_Tub_Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back