Official Match Thread Season 32 - Round 13: Coney Island Warriors v Dragons FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, I don't why ND has done this, for some reason the Warriors play the Dragons in Round 13.

Again.

ND, is it really that hard to give us some good opposition to go up against in Round 13, this is the second time in my 3 seasons in this league where I have to talk to the Dragons in the best round of the season. Is it something I've done? Are you trying to get me to be more active in match threads? Do you have something against this round specifically?

And the only other time we've had Round 13 and we didn't play the Dragons, we played Las Vegas. Why? Why is it that every time Round 13 comes around, we gotta play a low tier team. Why can't we play some good teams in Round 13? I just want one season where the Coney Island team goes into the round knowing they're gonna have a good time. Instead, we gotta deal with this...

I guess this time I better actually do an OP instead of having a melt so let's look at what the teams have to offer this season.

1634525976076-png.1262841

Coney Island Warriors
Before we get to the stand-out performer of the Warriors this season, let's talk about those who are playing important background roles for the club.

DockerDen5215 is up there with the Frankston Rover Medal favourite statistically with 117 kicks, 119 handballs, 43 marks, 17 Frees against at an average of 70 DT points a game. In any other season, DockerDen might not have been a lock for coming second. Then again, still plenty of games to go to make up the difference so let's not just get rid all of his hope. Not to mention that DockerDen is doing all this from the wing which might explain where all of Tonga Bob's stats have gone to.

The Half Back is also still enjoying his stint at the Warriors. After winning the Frankston Rover Medal in his first season at Van Cortlandt, The Half Back is backing it up with 101 kicks, 50 tackles, 32 Free for with a 71.5 DT average. Playing at Ruck-Rover, you could say that this is expected. While that may be true, you also can't expect to just get given such a high-ranking spot and dominate consistently over the course of a season. Unless you're The Half Back, he can do whatever he wants.

This is where I'd talk about Dav, but he's having some time off so I'm just gonna mention that Dinsdale is gonna have a massive stats boost being the Warrior's No.1 ruck. So instead, I'm gonna focus on Volbeat. Despite being a former Bomber, Volbeat actually goes alright when it comes to the Sim having 179 disposals, 51 marks, 15 Frees against so far this season. Does this prove anything when it comes to playing or being from Baghdad? You don't care? Alright then...

Alright I know TheInjuryFactory usually doesn't well when it comes to the Frankston Rover Medal, but let's be honest, anyone with a set of eyes knows who the Coney Island B&F winner is gonna be this season. I don't even need to do the stats, Bob's Stats update clearly shows TIF at the top of nearly every statistic for the Warriors. With 130 kicks, 120 handballs, 92 tackles, 41 Frees For, 13 Frees against and an average of 89 a game, it'd actually be a Xmas miracle for anyone to take it off him from here.

1634530447697-png.1262875

Dragons FFC
So what do the Dragons have going for them? Well, that's in the eye of the beholder now isn't it. But I'll give you an idea about it.

The main player for the team is unsurprisingly the Dragons captain in serial_thrilla with 1173 posts. This shows that serial_thrilla really loves the club and what he's gotten them to stand for, or maybe he just likes to talk a lot and be nonsense. Either way, you can always expect him to be atop the contributors list no matter how many times Rebecca Black shows up on a Friday, even though it's been over 10 years now since that came out surely there are worse videes out there.

The next 2 best players for the Dragons are a duo at different stages of their career. You have Bonz and his 842 posts, which has seen him be rewarded with being the team's Full-Forward. Bonz is one of the better posters at the Dragons, though that's probably because he came from another team before showing up here. On the other hand, you have T2B_ also on 842 posts. Still a relative newbie in the league, the fact that T2B_ has so many posts compared to the stalwarts of the team either means that he'll be a great contributor to come, or that lockdown has been particularly boring for the young lad.

Lastly, you have actually popular players in Strigoi with 775 posts and A Swallow with 762. Both this season have a posting skill that is rarely seen at the Dragons, they actually post stuff you want to read. While has always been something Strigoi has been known for, A Swallow has only been enjoying such qualities this season. How many times will the Dragons be able to show off these types of posters? Like I said, rarely, so enjoy it while it's there before they realise who they play for.

Okay, enough stalling, time to put the thread out.
Captains, team sheet to be submitted by 11:59pm Thursday AEDT(11:29pm ACDT, 10:59pm AEST, 10:29pm ACST, 8:59pm AWST)

yo serial_thrilla

Will there be an asterisk against our teams this season in the list assessment thread? Dragons and Warriors both had more than a day less time posting in match threads. A couple of hours wouldn't really do much but a full day is huge. All the other threads have about 200 posts already, so we are approximately 100 posts behind every other team.

yo serial_thrilla

Will there be an asterisk against our teams this season in the list assessment thread? Dragons and Warriors both had more than a day less time posting in match threads. A couple of hours wouldn't really do much but a full day is huge. All the other threads have about 200 posts already, so we are approximately 100 posts behind every other team.

Who care's, that only measures quantity.

Lastly, you have actually popular players in Strigoi with 775 posts and A Swallow with 762. Both this season have a posting skill that is rarely seen at the Dragons, they actually post stuff you want to read. While has always been something Strigoi has been known for, A Swallow has only been enjoying such qualities this season. How many times will the Dragons be able to show off these types of posters? Like I said, rarely, so enjoy it while it's there before they realise who they play for.

Okay, enough stalling, time to put the thread out.
Captains, team sheet to be submitted by 11:59pm Thursday AEDT(11:29pm ACDT, 10:59pm AEST, 10:29pm ACST, 8:59pm AWST)
446ADC02-551D-44CF-93CA-C1731EF692A9.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a game for you DockerDen5215

Correctly name my measurements and I won't publish a video of you being punished.
cat.png
You are probably on the thiccer side so i'll say 25cm high, 30 cm long, and just over 5kg.

Still a relative newbie in the league, the fact that T2B_ has so many posts compared to the stalwarts of the team either means that he'll be a great contributor to come, or that lockdown has been particularly boring for the young lad.
Yes.

Well the last 3 times we've done it the lights have been turned off. So don't blame me for having a bad memory.
I find that hard to believe. Bonz is anything but shy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back