Official Match Thread Season 32 - Round 13: Gold City Royals vs West Coast Wonders at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Thursday (aka Mr Mang's fourth favourite day of the week)! We're as close to the thematic start time of 10am as we've been in months, so let's get started with ...

TOP TEN THURSDAY!

This much-loved SFA tradition is a pretty simple one - each Thursday in the match thread, a theme is posted at 10am(ish) and than anyone that wants to join in lists their top ten according to the theme. Previous themes have included TOP TEN CHRISTMAS SONGS (thanks to Fitzey for getting us all in the Christmas spirit MUCH too early), TOP TEN GIFS and TOP TEN GODS. This week, due to popular demand*, we're all going to be listing our ...

... TOP TEN THINGS YOU'D BUY WITH A MILLION DOLLARS.

You could go with an obvious choice like a house (or studio apartment if you live in Sydney), or maybe you'd prefer something smaller (but still an extravagane) like a footy jumper signed by your favourite player. It could be that vintage guitar you've been ogling every time you walked past the shop with the painfully condescending owner that looks down his nose at you every time you walk in the door. Or maybe you want to own a Tesla or another more expensive car. It really doesn't matter - it's YOUR top ten!

There aren't any other rules for Top Ten Thursday except that your list needs to have ten entries (no more, no less). Feel free to order them from 1-10 if you like, and while explanations aren't necessary, they make the whole thing more interesting. And of course, ripping apart other nominations is definitely allowed/encouraged.
1. House
2. Bitcoin
3. whatever the kids wanted
4. footy merch
5. extravagant round the world holiday
6. a decent car, nothing special
7. every video game under the sun
8. cinema
9. a cafe i can run and enjoy with friends
10. donation

1. An Aeroplane - for the parking space
2. Lotus Exige - who doesn’t like exotic flowers
3. Hunting a Hippo - Damn hippos invading Columbia, spoiling all those cocoa plants
4. Shares in Apple - Who doesn’t love apple slices?
5. Beach House - House of sand?
6. South American Trip - why not fall somewhere exotic
7. Flight to Zanzibar - Departing when I get the cash
8. A Cleaner - Better to get someone else to clean after me
9. Guitar Lessons - Is it Git-tar or Gue-tar, this is why I need them
10. Home renovations - can’t someone else do it?
For some reason I thought that planes would cost WAY more than they actually do. I mean, a private jet is outside our scope in this Top Ten List, but a Cessna to do some joyriding in is actually pretty affordable. Way cheaper than that horrific car you have listed at number 2. And I second the idea of going to Zanzibar - the city is a cultural and architectural marvel!
are all ten things being bought from the same $1 million?
Yeah, I think it makes it more interesting that way.
1. House
2. Bitcoin
3. whatever the kids wanted
4. footy merch
5. extravagant round the world holiday
6. a decent car, nothing special
7. every video game under the sun
8. cinema
9. a cafe i can run and enjoy with friends
10. donation
When you say cinema, do you mean build one at your house or just buy the local Hoyts for your own use? And I really like the idea of running a cafe, but not the idea of running one that has to be profitable. If you take that out of the equation, that would be awesome!

Yeah, I think it makes it more interesting that way.
oooo nice

1. moderate house on the outskirts of the 'Metro Melbourne' Area, or somewhere in Gippsland
2. modded out car so I can stop using time on mine
3. upgraded PC to play games with better speed
4. new xbox
5. have a large party
6. More vintage clothing
7. some new shoes
8. a cafe, and make it star wars themed
9. A Netflix subscription
10. Tinder Platinum

Happy Thursday (aka Mr Mang's fourth favourite day of the week)! We're as close to the thematic start time of 10am as we've been in months, so let's get started with ...

TOP TEN THURSDAY!

This much-loved SFA tradition is a pretty simple one - each Thursday in the match thread, a theme is posted at 10am(ish) and than anyone that wants to join in lists their top ten according to the theme. Previous themes have included TOP TEN CHRISTMAS SONGS (thanks to Fitzey for getting us all in the Christmas spirit MUCH too early), TOP TEN GIFS and TOP TEN GODS. This week, due to popular demand*, we're all going to be listing our ...

You could go with an obvious choice like a house (or studio apartment if you live in Sydney), or maybe you'd prefer something smaller (but still an extravagane) like a footy jumper signed by your favourite player. It could be that vintage guitar you've been ogling every time you walked past the shop with the painfully condescending owner that looks down his nose at you every time you walk in the door. Or maybe you want to own a Tesla or another more expensive car. It really doesn't matter - it's YOUR top ten!

There aren't any other rules for Top Ten Thursday except that your list needs to have ten entries (no more, no less). Feel free to order them from 1-10 if you like, and while explanations aren't necessary, they make the whole thing more interesting. And of course, ripping apart other nominations is definitely allowed/encouraged.

50,000 Bags of $2 mixed lollies

Top 2 things with a million
1. $400,000 house
2. $40,000 per year @800 per week for 15 years

Top 10 extravaganza

1. Mobile home and fittings.
2. National parks pass
3. Rail pass
4. Genealogical certificates.
5. Upgraded laptop /phones
6. Investigate lasik surgery
7. Large yard for parking
8. Small Residence
9. Corporate box at AO
10. Buy Greece

When you say cinema, do you mean build one at your house or just buy the local Hoyts for your own use? And I really like the idea of running a cafe, but not the idea of running one that has to be profitable. If you take that out of the equation, that would be awesome!
I'll take a Hoyts, would be nice to have 16 different rooms to go in with various movies playing at all times. Ushers included.

Cafe does not need to be profitable. Can have someone else manage it even, I'd just own it and come in a few hours a day as a front of house, talk some s**t but just generally a central point for all my mates to come and spend our days

Oh, sorry kraks. I knew it wasn't something you weren't personally familiar with, but thought you might at least know the concept. Working is where someone (either a person or a business) enters into a contractual arrangement with you, where they set a number of tasks they want you to complete to benefit that person/business and in return, they pay you a set amount of money, usually on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
As long as the bags don't have those aniseed licorice with sprinkles masquerading as chocolate buttons ...
1. $400,000 house

Top 10 extravaganza

2. National parks pass
3. Rail pass
8. Small Residence
9. Corporate box at AO
10. Buy Greece
I love that buying Greece isn't even at the top of the list, but just what you'd buy with whatever spare cash you have leftover. I really like the idea of getting a mobile home and passes for all the national parks (my wife and I did up a campervan ourselves a few years ago and it was brilliant), but I reckon you could afford to do more than just investigate lasik surgery. Just saying.
I'll take a Hoyts, would be nice to have 16 different rooms to go in with various movies playing at all times. Ushers included.

Cafe does not need to be profitable. Can have someone else manage it even, I'd just own it and come in a few hours a day as a front of house, talk some s**t but just generally a central point for all my mates to come and spend our days
With you on both!

but I reckon you could afford to do more than just investigate lasik surgery. Just saying.
More that I've worn glasses for 35ish years and am comfortable with them. Plus my numbers mean that a medium/part Lasik is probably the most I could do.

I ask myself is it worth it then

I’d leave off the last 2 lots of 50,000 bags to cover the medical expenses from the inevitable severe cases of diabetes you’ll suffer

1. $400,000 house

Top 10 extravaganza

2. National parks pass
3. Rail pass
8. Small Residence
9. Corporate box at AO
10. Buy Greece
You could buy Greece with the small change found in your sofa…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had promised Mozzie19 that I’d share another genealogical fact that I’ve learnt in my research into my family’s influence on historical events as a result of our genetic predisposition to dishing out earth shattering shirtfronts.

The Tacoma Narrows Bridge Collapse

On November 7th, 1940 the Tacoma Narrows bridge (nicknamed “Galloping Gertie”) collapsed, reportedly due to several design flaws that made it susceptible to collapse in high winds. That, however, is not the true story.

1634784904559.gif

This above is footage of my great grandfather George. His car (visible in the footage) had broken down on the bridge and in a fit of anger he shirtfronted one of the main supporting arches. The resultant shock vibrated through to the A
ill-designed roadway structure. The extreme oscillations eventually led to the collapse of the span. The architect claimed that unusually high winds had caused the collapse in order to save some shred of credibility. BUT NOW YOU KBOW THE TRUTH!

Stay tuned next week for another historical journey in my quest to find the origins of the DAVY family and it influences on history with the shirtfront.

Last edited:
I had promised Mozzie19 that I’d share another genealogical fact that I’ve learnt in my research into my family’s influence in historical event as a result of our genetic predisposition to dishing out earth shattering shirtfronts.

On November 7th, 1940 the Tacoma Narrows bridge (nicknamed “Galloping Gertie”) collapsed, reportedly due to several design flaws that made it susceptible to collapse in high winds. That, however, is not the true story.

View attachment 1264901

This above is footage of my great grandfather George. His car (visible in the footage) had broken down on the bridge and in a fit of anger he shirtfronted one of the main supporting arches. The resultant shock vibrated through to the I’ll-designed roadway structure. The extreme oscillations eventually led to the collapse of the span. The architect claimed that unusually high winds had caused the collapse in order to save some shred of credibility. BUT NOW YOU KBOW THE TRUTH!

Stay tuned next week for another historical journey in my quest to find the origins of the DAVY family and it influences on history with the shirtfront.

Nice. We learned about that in first year maths back at uni.

Good thing all our bridges are well designed in the land of Sweet. Mobbs does a great job.

Nice. We learned about that in first year maths back at uni.

Good thing all our bridges are well designed in the land of Sweet. Mobbs does a great job.
Now you know the real facts.

I had promised Mozzie19 that I’d share another genealogical fact that I’ve learnt in my research into my family’s influence in historical event as a result of our genetic predisposition to dishing out earth shattering shirtfronts.

View attachment 1264901

This above is footage of my great grandfather George. His car (visible in the footage) had broken down on the bridge and in a fit of anger he shirtfronted one of the main supporting arches. The resultant shock vibrated through to the I’ll-designed roadway structure. The extreme oscillations eventually led to the collapse of the span. The architect claimed that unusually high winds had caused the collapse in order to save some shred of credibility. BUT NOW YOU KBOW THE TRUTH!

You are an inspiration to us all

You are an inspiration to us all
I know. You recruited me to inspire the troops to increase their output. It’s working as planned but I’m not sure if I’ve inspired them to post more or intimidated them to do so. Either way, the proof is, as they say, in the pudding.

I know. You recruited me to inspire the troops to increase their output. It’s working as planned but I’m not sure if I’ve inspired them to post more or intimidated them to do so. Either way, the proof is, as they say, in the pudding.

We’re afraid of how inspired we are?

TOP TEN THURSDAY!

1. A Winnebago, fully kitted out.
2. A custom fitted golf club. Preferably a 9 hole one with around 300-400 members.
3. A shirtfronting bag. Fully computerised with sensors for
- velocity
- moment of inertia
- angle of attack
- seismic reading
4. A maid
5. A small tropical island. Or a bankrupt tropical island nation
6. A 12 foot x 8 foot flatscreen
7. A 15 way leather massage chair to watch no. 6 on
8. All the fillet steak I can eat
9. All the Coopers I can drink
10. All the pickle juice I can drink.

If there’s any left over I’d buy Mobbs an updated version of Quick Footy.

op deserved more likes
Look, I understand your inferiority complex given that your family probably doesn’t have the rich and colourful history that mine has. But you need to let go of the bitterness. It’s not healthy.

1. A Winnebago, fully kitted out.
2. A custom fitted golf club. Preferably a 9 hole one with around 300-400 members.
3. A shirtfronting bag. Fully computerised with sensors for
- velocity
- moment of inertia
- angle of attack
- seismic reading
4. A maid
5. A small tropical island. Or a bankrupt tropical island nation
6. A 12 foot x 8 foot flatscreen
7. A 15 way leather massage chair to watch no. 6 on
8. All the fillet steak I can eat
9. All the Coopers I can drink
10. All the pickle juice I can drink.

If there’s any left over I’d buy Mobbs an updated version of Quick Footy.
I feel like you might be blowing out the budget a little bit here. Especially with numbers 2, 5 and 9 ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back