Official Match Thread Season 32 - Round 13: Sin City Swamprats v Mount Buller Demons at Underground Stadium #cats2400 šŸ„³

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright it's only Round 13, but let's face it, you 2 teams always make the Grand Final. 7 seasons running of either the Swamprats or Demons or both making the Grand Final. So let's cut out the middle man and just look at the people who are gonna dominate the Grand Final this season.​

1634195984651-png.1260452

Thanks to Tonga Bob for the graphic.

Firestarter
Currently playing at Forward Pocket is a player that has only scored 1 goal in his 4 Grand Final appearances. What Firestarter has done is amass 21 marks and 34 handballs at an average of 62 DT points per 100 minutes of game time. While that might not look impressive, you can not downplay that fact he must be important to the team if he has played in all 4 Sin City Grand Final appearances, a feat most outstanding.​

cooney
Okay, everyone mentioned here has played 4 Grand Finals since Season 25. What a rag-tag group of people there are too. Mount Buller's current Centre Half-Forward and resident Hype Man is a prime example of that. Another player with sticky palms, cooney has 19 marks over those 4 games. You can also see his style of play in the stats with 5 Frees against, a score-line of 3 goals 4 and an average of 70 points. Woo!​

ant555
While I could talk about how ant555 is a 2-time winning Deestroy Medal winner, you can go look up the history of the Bombers on your own time. For the Swamprats, ant555 is still a formidable force in his current position at Ruck-Rover. His 37 kicks, 12 tackles and 69 DT average in Sin City Grand Finals attest to that. ant555's Sim equivalent does his Stone Cold Steve Austin avatar justice, with plenty more chances to get a 3rd Deestroy.​

Tarkyn_24
Will Tarkyn_24 get to 1000 goals or a 1000 hit-outs first? Don't know, might have already happened. In the 4 Grand Final appearances, Tarks has racked up 9 hit-outs and a scoreline of 5 goals 6. Most of his work must be done outside of Grand Finals in those regards. Or maybe Tarks has been played in other positions for such games, getting 14 tackles, 6 Frees against and an average of 46 DT points. Whatever Tarks does do first, it will be a bigger-than-usual party that night.​

Power Raid
A Modern time Half-Forward Flanker, Power Raid certainly plays at half forward in Grand Finals. The other half of the time, he is playing as a midfield Beast. With 41 kicks, 31 marks and an average of 76.25 DT points a Grand Final, surely there is a Deestory Medal in Power Raid's future with the way he turns it on at the big occasion. Might as well start preparing the speech now, seems to only a matter of time before it comes your way.​

Proper Gander
Former Ruck and current Full-Forward, Proper Gander takes names first, never asks question later. How else do you explain her 6 Frees against? When she isn't busting up the joint, Proper Gander loves to get a good kick in, having so far 43 kicks, a score-line of 6 goals 4, 16 hit-outs and an average of 78 DT points. She also has the power to block me from the Melbourne Board so just be nice, keep complimenting her, don't make angry...​

philreich
Now we get to a Deestroy Medalist that's won it with their current team, and boy does philreich get all the love from the Qumpires. While 43 handballs and a whopping 23 tackles does help the Swamprat captain's cause, phil's 10 Frees for to his 5 Frees against means that he gets targeted by the opposition on the big stage, or the qumpires just love looking after him. An average of 73 DT points isn't bad either. Whatever the case, philreich definitely ain't a detriment to the team.​

manangatang
Demons captain and current Back Pocket player manangatang is another person that can wipe me off the face of the forum so let's dread carefully. At 19 hit-outs, 37 kicks, 40 handballs, 22 tackles, 8 frees and an average of 87 DT points, this just goes to show that's a few players out there that are unlucky when it comes to having a Deestroy Medal. But you don't need one to be considered amongst the best and that's what manangatang is.​

GotTheGoodes
If you've ever wondered why GotTheGoodes plays the centre position for the Swamprats, and you shouldn't, then look no further than the statistics he has from his Grand Final appearances. With 45 kicks, 35 handballs 25 marks and an average of 80 DT points, GotTheGoodes lives up to his username. His 7 Frees Against to 0 also show that you don't mess with the best. Let's see if he can get his first Free For this season.​

DemonJim
Lastly, but not leastly, we have the player that sits in the Top 5 of nearly every stat for all the Swamprats and Demons Grand Final players that are still on their respective lists. So far, DemonJim has 59 kicks, 55 handballs, 33 tackles, 9 Frees For, 5 Frees Against, a scoreline of 7 goals 4, a Deestroy Medal and an average of 120 DT points every time he makes a Grand Final. Will DemonJim be the difference in winning or losing this week? Only one way to find out!​

Captains, team line-ups has be in by 11:59pm Thursday AEDT (11:29pm ACDT, 10:59pm AEST, 10:29pm ACST, 8:59pm AWST)​

Is that the stuff that Power Raid knocks back about a dozen pints of before each game?
Heā€™s always monopolizing the good stuff. BLUEALLTHRU at least SHARES his drinks.

One day, if heā€™s not careful, Power Raid will say ā€œnoā€ to the wrong people, ended up being thrown in a foreign ship, and taken away from Sweet.

Heā€™s always monopolizing the good stuff. BLUEALLTHRU at least SHARES his drinks.

One day, if heā€™s not careful, Power Raid will say ā€œnoā€ to the wrong people, ended up being thrown in a foreign ship, and taken away from Sweet.

Good thing we've now got mike ross in charge of beverage dispensing.

We are wounded too after back to back defeats
Given the recent form of both teams, I'm led to believe that Sunday's game has been declared a lock in, to stop the crowd leaving early. "Ladies and gentlemen - please return to your seats. The game will be over soon, at which time the gates will be reopened, and you can return to your homes."

Then a slab in the first quarter. Then another in the 2nd, and in the 3rd!
Which could explain his poor goal kicking in 4th quarters - after 72 beers in 90 minutes, he's seeing double, so he's not sure which of the 8 goal posts to aim at.

This almost happened to me!

I was in the navy, out drinking with mates in a bar in fremantle on a cold winters night. Realising I'd drunk too much, I walked out the back of the pub hoping the fresh air would help.

Being cold I laid upon a random bonnet of a car, enjoying the warmth of the engine.............and fell asleep.

I was gently woken by four US Navy police patrol who were picking up drunken US sailors, who seeing my short hair asked "are you in the navy". A simple "yes" and I was being lifted off the bonnet destined for their wagon. I quickly snapped "not you're *ing navy" and they gently returned me to the bonnet.

I could have woken up in San Diego!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GotTheGoodes lives up to his username. His 7 Frees Against to 0 also show that you don't mess with the best. Let's see if he can get his first Free For this season.​
Hope not. If I can maintain my healthy broken jaw/zero FF ratio then I'll be happy.

Btw, who is the most chirpy out there on Sunday for the Dees anyway? Also, what kind of soup do they like the most?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back