Official Match Thread Season 32: Round 2 - Fighting Furies Vs Baghdad Bombers @ rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy to discuss it if you're prepared to have an actual discussion about it, but if you're going to flip flop and contradict your own views every other post there's no point.

Always happy to give a reasoned, sensible, discussion.

Always happy to give a reasoned, sensible, discussion.

Do you think that if we're going to the effort of changing a 20 year old footy simulator to include the preferred pronouns of the players that we should also then use the correct preferred pronouns of players within the banter we engage in during the week?

Do you think that if we're going to the effort of changing a 20 year old footy simulator to include the preferred pronouns of the players that we should also then use the correct preferred pronouns of players within the banter we engage in during the week?

No, too limited on the banter. What would be the next thing to go? Think about it seriously and objectively without climbing on a soap box for a minute. You start drawing lines, you will slowly box yourself in until all we can say is hello.

I agree with you 100%—- the 20 year old SIM doesn’t use preferred pronouns and it would be excellent if the new version did.
But if we’re “moving into the 21st Century” and be a more inclusive forum for people, shouldn’t we also move with the times and not resort to chauvinistic humour like the examples above.
You’re not going to be more inviting to a diverse population with this type of humour no matter what the SIM uses as pronouns
There is not a joke made on this site that someone could not take offence to.
Has nothing to do with deliberately misrepresenting someone’s gender by knowingly using the incorrect pronouns when referring to them.

Exactly.

Kind of like when someone calls you a bitch. You shouldn't get offended because of any gender inaccuracy. You should get offended because people can see you for what you really are.

To make our Baghdad bombers guests feel more comfortable;
we have placed a Hookah in the Kittens VIP room

drunk girls.gif

Just a warning I saw Ned_Flanders using it to clean his colon this morning, so you might want to wipe it before using

No, too limited on the banter. What would be the next thing to go? Think about it seriously and objectively without climbing on a soap box for a minute. You start drawing lines, you will slowly box yourself in until all we can say is hello.

Misgendering a poster during the match thread ="Banter"

Misgendering a poster during the simulation = "A bad thing that needs to be changed ASAP"

I can't keep up MC.

Exactly.

Kind of like when someone calls you a b*tch. You shouldn't get offended because of any gender inaccuracy. You should get offended because people can see you for what you really are.

I would have added whingey, whiney as well, but there you have it. Or precious. Or agenda driven ....

Misgendering a poster during the match thread ="Banter"

Misgendering a poster during the simulation = "A bad thing that needs to be changed ASAP"

I can't keep up MC.

Ok banter is subjective and down to individual preferences. The SIM is SFA WIDE and part of the fabric of the board which effects EVERYONE .....

Ok banter is subjective and down to individual preferences. The SIM is SFA WIDE and part of the fabric of the board which effects EVERYONE .....

So do we need a spreadsheet or table that posters need to check to identify what a posters preferred pronouns are and whether they are ok with being misgendered as a form of banter before we start bantering--- or is it the "individual preferences" of those using the insults rather than those receiving them?

Why do you think it's ok for you (or Catsnlakers or anyone else for that matter) to deliberately misgender a poster that has his title within his username, but it's NOT ok for a 20 year old simulation to do the same?

So do we need a spreadsheet or table that posters need to check to identify what a posters preferred pronouns are and whether they are ok with being misgendered as a form of banter before we start bantering--- or is it the "individual preferences" of those using the insults rather than those receiving them?

Why do you think it's ok for you (or Catsnlakers or anyone else for that matter) to deliberately misgender a poster that has his title within his username, but it's NOT ok for a 20 year old simulation to do the same?

You are going off on a tangent. I would have thought that a simple he/she in the SIM would not that be that hard, certainly not to the extent of a poster identifying themselves as a matchbox or lamp post or what ever the * tickles their pink bits.

Offence is taken not given Mistress.....Have a laugh once in a while, I promise it’s okay to do. 👍

Offence is taken not given Mistress.....Have a laugh once in a while, I promise it’s okay to do. 👍

Hank Moody.jpg

Can't expect you to be able to discuss anything with any level of intelligence.

Now --- are you joining the Bombers next season or can you head back to your own match thread.

View attachment 1194376

Now --- are you joining the Bombers next season or can you head back to your own match thread.

You do realise there is NO rule to say where and when a poster can or cannot post and in which thread yes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the actual * are you crying about? Do you regularly walk the fresh produce aisles at the supermarket holding apples in one hand and oranges in the other screaming wildly at people to listen to you?

You are going off on a tangent. I would have thought that a simple he/she in the SIM would not that be that hard, certainly not to the extent of a poster identifying themselves as a matchbox or lamp post or what ever the fu** tickles their pink bits.

You do see the irony in advocating for the inclusion of preferred pronouns to the sim when you can't even use it in conversation--- adding preferred pronouns into the SIM isn't going to make anyone feel more comfortable with joining the SFA if this outdated excuse for "humour" is continued.

What the actual fu** are you crying about? Do you regularly walk the fresh produce aisles at the supermarket holding apples in one hand and oranges in the other screaming wildly at people to listen to you?

The thought had occurred to me at more than one point.

You do see the irony in advocating for the inclusion of preferred pronouns to the sim when you can't even use it in conversation--- adding preferred pronouns into the SIM isn't going to make anyone feel more comfortable with joining the SFA if this outdated excuse for "humour" is continued.

Triple M lets take the LGTB movement. They are that confused now they have added to the acronym for the last 3 years and now have finally given up with the all encapsulating "+" sign at the end ...

How many preferred pronouns, as you put it, would sate you?

I would have thought that people are either born Male or Female (at least last time I checked ...).

What part of this are you not comprehending?

View attachment 1194376

You’re on your high horse again Mistress, & it’s condescending....You & the other PC members simply look for s**t to get “offended” about. And you tagged me back in here don’t forget. Have fun with this one Bombers. 👍

You’re on your high horse again Mistress, & it’s condescending....You & the other PC members simply look for sh*t to get “offended” about. And you tagged me back in here don’t forget. Have fun with this one Bombers. 👍

The "PC" members you're talking about that started this whole discussion was BLUEALLTHRU and Metalcrusher . They spent most of last night whinging to The Filth Wizard that a 20 year old footy simulation didn't have a preferred gender option.

What are your thoughts?

The "PC" members you're talking about that started this whole discussion was BLUEALLTHRU and Metalcrusher . They spent most of last night whinging to The Filth Wizard that a 20 year old footy simulation didn't have a preferred gender option.

What are your thoughts?

I wasn't whinging, would you like me to copy my posts over? I was merely saying that the SIM is outdated and is in the process of being changed.

Triple M lets take the LGTB movement. They are that confused now they have added to the acronym for the last 3 years and now have finally given up with the all encapsulating "+" sign at the end ...

How many preferred pronouns, as you put it, would sate you?

I would have thought that people are either born Male or Female (at least last time I checked ...).

What part of this are you not comprehending?

Based upon the uneducated rant above--- I'd say the one struggling with comprehension is you Crushy. I'm going to encourage you to watch less Sky News and talk with people outside of your Boomer bubble.

I wasn't whinging, would you like me to copy my posts over? I was merely saying that the SIM is outdated and is in the process of being changed.

Using Jabba73 's words from last night--- "do I look like your secretary?"

Based upon the uneducated rant above--- I'd say the one struggling with comprehension is you Crushy. I'm going to encourage you to watch less Sky News and talk with people outside of your Boomer bubble.

Oh dear, what a very ordinary way of shutting down conversation, really starting to show your immaturity there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back