Official Match Thread Season 32: Round 2 - Las Vegas Bears Vs East Side Phoenix @ The Stadium in the Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody cares
SleepyDimCoyote-max-1mb.gif

Update: (correct me if I've gotten any wrong)

Q6. Who has kicked the most behinds in VFL/AFL History? (Kevin Bartlett - 781) SaintBilly
Q7. Plugger was a sensational talent, arguably the G.O.A.T. How many times did he bag 10+ goals? (22 times) Eth-dog
Q8. Who has coached the most grand final losses? (Jock McHale, 9 times) SM
Q9. How long did the first Aussie Rules game (in 1858) go for in length?
Q10. What was Hawthorn Hawks originally called? (Mayblooms) - NinjaSwan

Current leaderboard
MWPP - 3.5
SaintBilly - 2.5
Eth-dog - 2.25
SM - 1.0
NinjaSwan - 1.0

I’m annoyed I can’t find the source I found this afternoon, but I believe the first recorded game had no set time period. Rather, it was ‘First to 2 goals wins’. Sounds simple but considering some of the iterations included fields half a mile long and 40 players a side, it still could have taken forever. I think I went from too vague to too specific 👀😂

SaintBilly as the only one who can catch MWPP, I have one final question for you.

For 1.01 points and the win, who was the first female umpire?

Sucking up to every team doesn't work. It delegitimises the praise. Personally I'm not expecting a nice message in the Pheonix team thread from that wayward soul.

Happy to rebrand the Las Vegas Bears to the Las Vegas Koalas to keep you as my number 2 when the time comes, MWPP. You'll need to supply your own sharks with freaking laser beams on their freaking heads if you want to stay long term, however.
I try and suck up to every team but some teams make it impossible . They know who they are. Still 2 out of 3 ain’t bad. If you keep this up you may get a nice message or three from me…

I’d take the Koalas over the Rubbers anysay of my week. As your number 2 can I finally pass on team sheet duties ? And who needs laser beams when there’s lumos and incendio . I have can transfigure my team into a team of Muddiemoose ’s (?muddiemeese) too :)

Who are we playing next? This this lot are insufferable.
My old mob, the royals I think
Between MCBG’s top 10 thing and PMB being PMB they might finally be over their S30 premiership hangover…

I’m annoyed I can’t find the source I found this afternoon, but I believe the first recorded game had no set time period. Rather, it was ‘First to 2 goals wins’. Sounds simple but considering some of the iterations included fields half a mile long and 40 players a side, it still could have taken forever. I think I went from too vague to too specific 👀😂

SaintBilly as the only one who can catch MWPP, I have one final question for you.

For 1.01 points and the win, who was the first female umpire?
Chelsea rothey

Chelsea rothey

I was thinking of Glouftis, but I did not exclude goal umpires in the wording, so correct!

SaintBilly wins with a score of 3.51/10 over MWPP with 3.5/10. Special mention to eth-dog, who was very active and had a crack at every question.

Let me know in the team PM what you want the next trivia topic to be, Billy.

I was thinking of Glouftis, but I did not exclude goal umpires in the wording, so correct!

SaintBilly wins with a score of 3.51/10 over MWPP with 3.5/10. Special mention to eth-dog, who was very active and had a crack at every question.

Let me know in the team PM what you want the next trivia topic to be, Billy.
I like how you had to actively rig it (not tagging me in, adding a bonus question in the end and only tagging SaintBilly in for that question so nobody else attempted it) to beat me :D
Even after that Fremantle question which was correct but dismissed

Anyway, well played SaintBilly

I like how you had to actively rig it (not tagging me in, adding a bonus question in the end and only tagging SaintBilly in for that question so nobody else attempted it) to beat me :D

I would have answered it. But I wanted him to win :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness you were tagged in the OP and fremantles 1 loss was not the point of the question. No point anyone else answering the last Q, if he didn’t know you still would have got the win. I did mention more questions were coming in the evening and you didn’t answer any?

Regardless, no rules against stacking the odds for the mighty rising Phoenix! Sorry lad! #riseup

Bloody awesome, bronze in the decathlon!! Ash Moloney what a ripper.

Also loved this during the 1500m semi final....

20210805_202913.jpg
And at one point, Farken was running next to Hoare.

Bloody awesome, bronze in the decathlon!! Ash Moloney what a ripper.

Also loved this during the 1500m semi final....

View attachment 1197127
And at one point, Farken was running next to Hoare.
Makes you wonder what his family did to inspire the greatest swearword in English history.

Y'all should cop this as your club song fr.

Which of the 3 questions would this be in response to?
I could actually make a case for all 3 :D
-Phil Collins is an Aquarius
-My first round was Under The Sea when the first two songs I nommed came first /third but I was too slow so my final nom flopped
-Therefore it’s the best part of the contest - new music , regenerating my list , but it’s only ever a dream as I’m terrible at it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back