Official Match Thread Season 33 Round 15 - Sin City Swamprats vs Dragons FFC at Alberton Oval (Heritage Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bonz, I wonder who will be your sweet man when I'm gone?

My sweet man will be omgfridge

Answers

1. It is Thursday, one day before Friday

2. The question is, were they ever truly alive to begin with. I believe the answer is yes.

3. Yes FootyGuy13 should be banned for posting that song.

4. No deep sea divers with chicken pox do not come up to scratch, instead they attempt to scratch underwater, accidentally unplug their breathing apparatus and die.

5. Love has everything to do with it and this individual.

6. Loves second hand motion is just a tonne of fun.

7. No one needs a heart, you only need a physical connection.

8. No I will never let you down.

9. The person may or may not be more famous than okeydoke7 it depends on the eye of the beholder.

10. Fools fall in love because they gaze at this wonderful person

11. Who is Bonz - I am a sexy feline.

12. A punk can get as low as anyone especially when they are on their knees.

13. This person decides whom/ what gender they identify as on a whim.

14. I answer to any name anyone wants to call me.

15. My sweet man will be omgfridge

Bonz, if they ain't got cold beer in heaven, who the hell would want to go?

They would still go to heaven as whisky would be served instead.

Answers

2. The question is, were they ever truly alive to begin with. I believe the answer is yes.

4. No deep sea divers with chicken pox do not come up to scratch, instead they attempt to scratch underwater, accidentally unplug their breathing apparatus and die.

9. The person may or may not be more famous than okeydoke7 it depends on the eye of the beholder.

16. They would go to heaven as whisky would be served instead.

Bonz, who ARE you? (redux)

I am god.

Answers

17. Bonz is god

Bonz, who killed Mr. Moonlight?

Mr Sunlight killed Mr Moonlight

Answers

17. Mr Sunlight killed Mr Moonlight

Because Catsnlakers okeydoke7 & myself may or may not be distracted when this game is in progress, I with a little help from Doc Brown & Marty McFly I have the full results.
Thought I would share the opening moments of the game with you. Go Swampies.

203E57E7-329A-4F11-9B77-B7FD8B63ED2A.jpeg

This match thread has entered the Twilight Zone. I blame okeydoke7.
Now obviously my last 5 seasons or so has been spent retired or mostly inactive, until my massive return this year as one of the competition’s best posters and players.

So fill in some blanks for me.

1) Were you the last semi-decent EKA winner?
2) What happened to the once mighty Dragons?
3) Should the Furies V Dragons thread have been moved to the club room?
4) Who are your top 5 favourite posters right now?
5) Which 2 clubs suck the most?
6) Which 2 clubs do you enjoy playing the most?

Now obviously my last 5 seasons or so has been spent retired or mostly inactive, until my massive return this year as one of the competition’s best posters and players.

So fill in some blanks for me.

1) Were you the last semi-decent EKA winner?
2) What happened to the once mighty Dragons?
3) Should the Furies V Dragons thread have been moved to the club room?
4) Who are your top 5 favourite posters right now?
5) Which 2 clubs suck the most?
6) Which 2 clubs do you enjoy playing the most?
  1. Yes.
  2. They got better and are now reigning Sweet champions.
  3. No, it was the epitome of what all match threads should aspire to be.
  4. Outside of my teammates: Headless, Kennedy Parker, CrimsonViolet, Suns Supreme and Marlowe.
  5. Warriors and Wonders.
  6. Furies and Demons.

1. Yes.
  2. They got better and are now reigning Sweet champions.
  3. No, it was the epitome of what all match threads should aspire to be.
  4. Outside of my teammates: Headless, Kennedy Parker, CrimsonViolet, Suns Supreme and Marlowe.
  5. Warriors and Wonders.
  6. Furies and Demons.
On a scale of 1-10, rate:

1) Yourself
2) My posting
3) My playing career
4) Your club’s on field performance this year
5) Natural Disaster’s leadership
6) Your confidence in Kennedy Parker
7) The state of the Sweet FA

Bonz notifications from Braklet

Christine Ebersole Messages GIF by CBS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a scale of 1-10, rate:

1) Yourself
2) My posting
3) My playing career
4) Your club’s on field performance this year
5) Natural Disaster’s leadership
6) Your confidence in Kennedy Parker
7) The state of the Sweet FA
  1. 10.
  2. 8.
  3. 9.
  4. 8.
  5. 3.
  6. 9.
  7. 1.

1. 10.
  2. 8.
  3. 9.
  4. 8.
  5. 3.
  6. 9.
  7. 1.
Thank you for your responses so far. We are nearly done.

You rate the state of the league as a 1, and the leadership of ND as a 3. Are the two linked? If so, how does the league administrator control or influence the state of the league?

Furthermore, many people point to the Grand Final rematch thread as an example of what is wrong with the league, yet you have celebrated that thread as a triumph - what in your own words would a quality league look like?

Finally, you have been kind with your positive ratings of my posting and my playing career, but I strive for 10s. I know that to get back to a 10/10 poster I’d need to return to my brilliant and groundbreaking media work, but how do I move from a 9 to a 10 in my playing career?

Apparently the first testicular protection was worn in 1874, and the first helmet was worn in 1974. This means that it took men 100 years to work out that their brains were important too.

Women - stop laughing!!!!!

Thank you for your responses so far. We are nearly done.

You rate the state of the league as a 1, and the leadership of ND as a 3. Are the two linked? If so, how does the league administrator control or influence the state of the league?

Furthermore, many people point to the Grand Final rematch thread as an example of what is wrong with the league, yet you have celebrated that thread as a triumph - what in your own words would a quality league look like?

Finally, you have been kind with your positive ratings of my posting and my playing career, but I strive for 10s. I know that to get back to a 10/10 poster I’d need to return to my brilliant and groundbreaking media work, but how do I move from a 9 to a 10 in my playing career?
Yeah, they're linked. ND was a "stay the course" type administrator, of which he mostly accomplished -- that is until he seemingly ran out of enthusiasm this season; the Committee has now lost it's sense of purpose as rules are no longer being enforced by the letter. Punishments that have been dealt out have been done so haphazardly, and with no consultation with the Committee.

In a general sense no league policies or structures have changed from Ant Bear's reign, which in turn hadn't changed much from Kennedy Parker's previous reign. It was a safe path going forward, as change is scary - and league activity was improving on all metrics, so there was no incentive to evolve. But as with all things, it eventually got stale. Some aspects of the league have been stifled by a change in moderation policy, and nothing new has been created to replace it. More experienced players have gotten bored, whilst the newer ones have not had the chance to develop new things and take ownership. Think back to the early days of the league, where teams came and went in a blink of an eye, and rules and the match thread experience was forever changing. Now? Everything has been exactly the same for years.

The #grandfinalrematch thread was great because it was different. The Dragons and Furies threw tradition to the wind and just had fun with it. All the usual match thread tropes were either ignored or parodied, and we successfully challenged ourselves to create something that will be talked about for seasons to come. It was fantastic because it broke the mould and gave the vast majority of the participants something they had never experienced before in Sweet. Of course it's ridiculous to think that every match thread could be like that - but wouldn't it be great if every match thread didn't discuss the same thing every. damn. season? Pizza toppings, boutique beers, pop culture chit chat...it's done to death.

And for that final point: given the standards you have set for yourself, the only way for you to get a 10 is to catch Tarkyn_24 in goalkicking and win one or two more premierships.

Yeah, they're linked. ND was a "stay the course" type administrator, of which he mostly accomplished -- that is until he seemingly ran out of enthusiasm this season; the Committee has now lost it's sense of purpose as rules are no longer being enforced by the letter. Punishments that have been dealt out have been done so haphazardly, and with no consultation with the Committee.

In a general sense no league policies or structures have changed from Ant Bear's reign, which in turn hadn't changed much from Kennedy Parker's previous reign. It was a safe path going forward, as change is scary - and league activity was improving on all metrics, so there was no incentive to evolve. But as with all things, it eventually got stale. Some aspects of the league have been stifled by a change in moderation policy, and nothing new has been created to replace it. More experienced players have gotten bored, whilst the newer ones have not had the chance to develop new things and take ownership. Think back to the early days of the league, where teams came and went in a blink of an eye, and rules and the match thread experience was forever changing. Now? Everything has been exactly the same for years.

The #grandfinalrematch thread was great because it was different. The Dragons and Furies threw tradition to the wind and just had fun with it. All the usual match thread tropes were either ignored or parodied, and we successfully challenged ourselves to create something that will be talked about for seasons to come. It was fantastic because it broke the mould and gave the vast majority of the participants something they had never experienced before in Sweet. Of course it's ridiculous to think that every match thread could be like that - but wouldn't it be great if every match thread didn't discuss the same thing every. damn. season? Pizza toppings, boutique beers, pop culture chit chat...it's done to death.

And for that final point: given the standards you have set for yourself, the only way for you to get a 10 is to catch Tarkyn_24 in goalkicking and win one or two more premierships.

#grandfinalrematch

easy gif1652000018551.gif

Have you got any questions for me serial_thrilla now I’ve pulled us out of the twilight zone?
You're a man with vision, okey. What would be the first thing you'd change if you were in KP's shoes next season?

You're a man with vision, okey. What would be the first thing you'd change if you were in KP's shoes next season?
When someone takes over a leadership role, there’s not necessarily one or two moves they can make straight away to shift things, but I agree you can set overarching priorities straight off the bat which set the direction of the league. I’d make the number one priority ENGAGEMENT.

Engagement takes many forms, but ultimately it’s why we are all here. We look at our names on a screen and a cool sim, but we keep coming back for the way we engage in this fantasy competition - people shouldn’t take it seriously in the sense that it’s meant to be fun, but leaders should absolutely treat it ‘seriously’ in the sense that it still needs to be run like and seem like a competition, with the fantasy aspect.

So we ENGAGE in multiple ways:

- We engage all sweet FA posters in the decision making processes through polls, surveys, discussions, etc. Canvass the league on issues such as expansion, season length, byes, etc. Leaders don’t have to side with the majority, but can use the engagement process to inform their decisions

-Commit to a set of rules, police them with integrity and transparency, communicate the outcome of any breaches and the rationale behind decisions. Some may disagree at times, that’s ok, they’re engaged in the process

-Regular communication - the Admin should communicate with the league about what is going on behind the scenes or what is coming up. Most Sweet FA posters are casuals, fill them in! Keep them abreast of league happenings, controversies, bans, awards, surveys, key decisions the committee is debating, etc. Let them buy in!

-Sweet FA Media - whether it’s a league sanctioned group run by the admin or purely several posters nicely encouraged by a new administrator, we need more meaningful media back in the league. It’s died off in the 2nd half of the season. Where are the awards threads, the concept threads, the stat breakdown threads?

-Inform all sweet FA posters what the committee are deciding on, voting on, discussing at any point in time. Comes back to communication. If the committee is ‘weak’ next season, as I’ve heard many say, engage the whole league with transparency so posters can lobby their committee reps. Remember the reps should represent the views of their CLUB, not their own self-interest, yet this rarely happens.

In other words - run the place seriously, with vigor, with transparency, with REGULAR communication via new threads to discuss and debate the happenings in the league.

And an upgrade to the sim sounds quite exciting too.

Tragedy for the Collingwood community yesterday - their local library was destroyed by fire, and both books were destroyed. Even more heartbreaking was the fact that one of them hadn't even been coloured in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back