Official Match Thread Season 33 Round 17 - Gumbies FFC vs Roys FFC at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

I resonate with this as well.
My fantasy teams are sucking big time.
You should ask tigs2010 for advice on how to improve them. His advice is always good for a laugh, so if nothing else you’ll feel better afterwards

I resonate with this as well.
My fantasy teams are sucking big time.
Joining Welcome Home GIF
one of us GIF

So what’s our strategy this week Roys? We cant miss finals but we can’t make the top 4 either. There is literally nothing to play for, so are we coming out all guns blazing against the ladder leader to give them some pre-finals jitters, or are we deliberately tanking so we don’t show our hand?

Sorry everyone I thought this was the team PM. Do me a favour and ignore the crossed out bit

So what’s our strategy this week Roys? We cant miss finals but we can’t make the top 4 either. There is literally nothing to play for, so are we coming out all guns blazing against the ladder leader to give them some pre-finals jitters, or are we deliberately tanking so we don’t show our hand?

Sorry everyone I thought this was the team PM. Do me a favour and ignore the crossed out bit
1653442689891.png

I dunno. Is he any good?
he is pretty old now, his best footy was in the late 1900's
Still fuming that campaigner kid referred to the 90's as the late 1900's like Seinfeld is no different to the great depression or WW2 as part of the same era.
campaigner.

Let’s go with “deliberately tanking”

If we lose well that was the plan al along
But if we win how bad are those gumbies 😳

FFS my fantasy team sucks this year, just want to delete it and start again!! Should I trade in Zac Dawson or Darren Glass this week?

Oh sorry everyone. tigs2010, TedDougChris, Barrybran and DenieD were all here, I just assumed this was the AFL Fantasy board.

Hey Gumbies how are you? Thanks for having us
Would you like some advice? I was a BigFooty Div 1 league represent back in the day.

My advice: quit before you wake up in a cold sweat wondering why you traded in Andrew Carrazzo before he did his shoulder in the opening minutes of a game and scored one (1).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s go with “deliberately tanking”

If we lose well that was the plan al along
But if we win how bad are those gumbies 😳
Wait how did you know I said anything about deliberately tanking??! I crossed that bit out… nobody should have seen it!

he is pretty old now, his best footy was in the late 1900's
Still fuming that campaigner kid referred to the 90's as the late 1900's like Seinfeld is no different to the great depression or WW2 as part of the same era.
campaigner.
Your analogies are not alike, Goose. WW2 and the Great Depression are clearly first half of the 1900s.
If you need more clarity regarding the first part of the 1900s, I understand some Roys may be able to assist through lived experience.

Would you like some advice? I was a BigFooty Div 1 league represent back in the day.

My advice: quit before you wake up in a cold sweat wondering why you traded in Andrew Carrazzo before he did his shoulder in the opening minutes of a game and scored one (1).
Good advice. What about putting the C on Coniglio a couple of years ago, only for him to go off inured only seconds into the game? Is that something I should try and avoid going forward?

Your analogies are not alike, Goose. WW2 and the Great Depression are clearly first half of the 1900s.
If you need more clarity regarding the first part of the 1900s, I understand some Roys may be able to assist through lived experience.
I’m a young and spritely 135yo and even I had dementia by WW2 so can’t help

How many times do I need to tell you I can read your mind.

You are thinking of trading in Tom McCartin this week.
Wow well you clearly can’t read my mind, but you can sure as hell put thoughts into it! Great idea mate, ripping trade-in target!

michelle williams volunteering GIF by Fosse/Verdon

too late.

Why did I go Steele over Oliver, Grundy over Gawn. All so I could take an extra mid-price player that I thought was really a premium. On that why did I take 4 of those, I guess all of those except Whitfield worked at least fairly well.

Why didn't I trade into Hewett in rnd 3 when it was clear he was going to be a hard to find defensive premium without the price tag.

What a poor selection of rookies I went for on the bench.

Even the ones I got right like that St Kilda ruck forward whose name Ive wiped from my memory goes and does his knee before is price finished sky rocketing.

anyhow. unmitigated disaster.

Good advice. What about putting the C on Coniglio a couple of years ago, only for him to go off inured only seconds into the game? Is that something I should try and avoid going forward?
Depends. Are you a masochist? Do you like a bit of BDSM? Those are questions I can help you answer if you'd like.

7UqP.gif

too late.

Why did I go Steele over Oliver, Grundy over Gawn. All so I could take an extra mid-price player that I thought was really a premium. On that why did I take 4 of those, I guess all of those except Whitfield worked at least fairly well.

Why didn't I trade into Hewett in rnd 3 when it was clear he was going to be a hard to find defensive premium without the price tag.

What a poor selection of rookies I went for on the bench.

Even the ones I got right like that St Kilda ruck forward whose name Ive wiped from my memory goes and does his knee before is price finished sky rocketing.

anyhow. unmitigated disaster.
How did you find my diary… this was supposed to be a PRIVATE entry!!!

lol,
that kid whose life I m now actively ruining did at least have the decency to add in "late", but it was just a description of what part of the era that it occurred, like a sub category if you will.
I see that you are still in denial that teenagers are so distanced from the 90's these days that it we might as well be talking about federation as whether or not Bill inhaled. Spoiler he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back