Official Match Thread Season 33 Round 17 - Sin City Swamprats vs Mount Buller Demons at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
27SCS807d2317babda465.png
27MBD9e7c0d167fc10f77.png

Sin City Swamprats (6-10; 10th) v Mount Buller Demons (6-10; 9th)
Underground Stadium
t1FQAp6.png

The Swamprats travelled upstairs to take on their co-tenants, the Las Vegas Bears, where they took control of the game early before the Bears pegged them back on the back of wasted opportunities by the Swamprats. The two teams combined for 11 goals in the third quarter but the Swamprats couldn’t keep up with the Bears, going down by 18 points. Firestarter (28 disposals, seven marks) and @okeydoke (23 disposals, eight tackles, three goals) were standouts for the Swamprats.

The Demons had a day to forget as they hosted the Gold City Royals, kicking just five goals through the first three quarters. Mount Buller found their kicking boots in the fourth quarter, kicking five goals, but the damage was done and a 38-point loss was the result. Hate tried to put the Dees on his shoulder, collecting 22 disposals, nine hitouts and three goals.
RneLqJj.png

The Swamprats and Demons both have a chance of playing finals but only one make it. Unfortunately, the winner of this match isn’t guaranteed to play finals as they will be relying on the Royals losing to the Furies.

GremioPower has been the standout player for the Swamprats this season, leading the league in hitouts, ranking third for kicks and tenth for Dream Team points. For the Demons, a bag for sante this weekend could see him take an unlikely leap to the top of the Fred standings.
9STXFGl.png

S33 R6 Mount Buller Demons 15.6 (96) lost to Sin City Swamprats 16.9 (105)
S32 R13 Sin City Swamprats 11.14 (80) defeated Mount Buller Demons 12.5 (77)
S32 R2 Mount Buller Demons 25.10 (160) defeated Sin City Swamprats 22.12 (144)
S31 R11 Sin City Swamprats 9.8 (62) wdb Mt Buller Demons 16.8 (104)
S30 R9 Sin City Swamprats 12.10 (82) defeated Mount Buller Demons 12.8 (80)

Captains, please submit your teamsheet by 11:59pm Thursday

Thanks for the write up Barrybran.

Demons, you suffered through 100+ posts from me last time we played. That won’t happen again. You’re just not worth it.

Goal 900 is in reach. Tarkyn_24, the challenge has been put to you to play full back to try to stop it. I’m on 895 goals.

Show some courage for once.

@GremioPower has been the standout player for the Swamprats this season, leading the league in hitouts, ranking third for kicks and tenth for Dream Team points.

In the season I couldn’t keep up with my posting numbers. Go figure…

Demons, you suffered through 100+ posts from me last time we played. That won’t happen again. You’re just not worth it.

Goal 900 is in reach. Tarkyn_24, the challenge has been put to you to play full back to try to stop it. I’m on 895 goals.

Sounds like you don't think you can make it to goal 900 under normal circumstances. :$

bag 10 mate

Sounds like you don't think you can make it to goal 900 under normal circumstances. :$
What, you reckon Tarkyn_24 will be a downgrade over your regular defenders? How embarrassing.

Yes.

So why don't you want to play against the best full back in the league in manangatang?
If the Demons shy away from this and don’t put Tarkyn_24 on me, they’ll be committing the biggest sin in the Sweet FA: BORING.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Demons shy away from this and don’t put Tarkyn_24 on me, they’ll be committing the biggest sin in the Sweet FA: BORING.
Once we put Tarks on you, what happens next?

I think Tarkyn_24 has been playing CHF or something. Why don't YOU play CHB?

It seems like you just want to shadow Tarkyn_24.

Yes. The question here is precisely whether Tarkyn_24 would allow that to happen.

Can he stop okeydoke7 from shining? By your reaction, it seems you don’t believe Tarks’ light is strong enough…

I think Tarkyn_24 has been playing CHF or something. Why don't YOU play CHB?

No, I want him to follow me around all day while I kick my 900th. And I’ll call him ‘Jayco’ for the rest of time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back