Official Match Thread Season 34, Round 3 - Coney Island Warriors vs Dragons FFC at Van Cordlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like the flat 6 has come a night early.
I'm just giving you taste of tomorrow.

For tonight we should stick to the topic in hand "will the Dragoons ever post anything original?"

While both teams may be sitting zip and two, the two sides could not have faced more opposing starts.
The Dragons, yet to leave their home ground, are finally being made to travel to a hostile venue for the first time this season, while the Warriors are very much looking forward to playing their first home game of the year.

As usual, we've seen a lot of huffing and puffing from the Dragons, who like to think of themselves as the Drogons, Rhaegals and Viserions of the kingdom, while their performances to date have resulted in little more than hot air more associated with Spyro or Charmander.

To put in bluntly, they may think they're hot, but they're packing about as much heat as Nando's lemon and herb marinade.

Warriors to romp it in on their home deck!

Expectation:
season 7 fire GIF by Game of Thrones

Reality:
dragon playstation GIF
Are you auditioning for future opening post duties? 👍

Just bought this classic last week. Hard to find. Every JB Hi-Fi had only one copy of it…and it was on hold for someone. 🤨 Hubby had never seen it before. Excellent movie. I wasn’t sure he’d like it, being so old, but it was a hit. Baseball Furies are my favorite gang. :laughv1:

I can’t remember what your opinion was that I thought was really dumb, was it writing JL off basically when he was hired? Did you also have an opinion Pat Cummins was overrated?

Are quality opinions like this a requirement to join the Dragons? If so, I’d like to hear some more bazingas…
What’s a bazinga? :laughv1:

Just bought this classic last week. Hard to find. Every JB Hi-Fi had only one copy of it…and it was on hold for someone. 🤨 Hubby had never seen it before. Excellent movie. I wasn’t sure he’d like it, being so old, but it was a hit. Baseball Furies are my favorite gang. :laughv1:
You bought a movie? Have you not heard of piracy? There's thousands of orphaned torrents dying because of you.

But how good were the extras of that movie on the BetaMax tape.

Fun fact, one of the actors in The Warriors was also lead in Xanadu.

Day 1 of game thread = personal insults and bickering
Day 2 of game thread = I'll start taking about my favourite subjects and ignoring any opposition to my opinion
Day 3 of game thread = we will bring the community together by talking about beer, swapping brewing advice

Etc

SUNDAY = I begin to doubt that the Sim has been fully debugged

Day 3 is always welcome, as I enjoy beer.

Go for he and/or they is a flog, but tomorrow I will mostly be talking about motorcycles in the morning before shifting to the flat 6 engine in the afternoon.
Flat 6 as in Porsche or Corvair?

Pains in the ass to work on.

You bought a movie? Have you not heard of piracy? There's thousands of orphaned torrents dying because of you.

But how good were the extras of that movie on the BetaMax tape.

Fun fact, one of the actors in The Warriors was also lead in Xanadu.
Yes, I bought a movie. I always do. I’m a fine, upstanding citizen. Plus, they’d probably deport me if I got arrested. Don’t want that happening! :eek:

And Dexter’s dad is in it, too. 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the flat 6 has come a night early.

Please, no 'flat 6' jokes. Reminds me too much of Mrs. Braklet's sense of humor...

crickets-fozzy.gif

And whatever you do, no Limp Bizkit videos.

Flat 6 as in Porsche or Corvair?

Pains in the ass to work on.
Tomorrow... but yes, Porsche had to change a starter motor on a 964, nightmare.

Yes, I bought a movie. I always do. I’m a fine, upstanding citizen. Plus, they’d probably deport me if I got arrested. Don’t want that happening! :eek:

And Dexter’s dad is in it, too. 😉
DextersDad (Ajax) is not in Xanadu

Admitting to a lack of originality is a bold strategy kid.

Well c'mon TB, your entire club's oeuvre is a riff off a particularly silly 70s movie. There's only so much originality possible when sticking to the script.

Better watch out for those Lizzies, dudes and dudettes!

"$h!+, the chicks are packed!"

In The Warriors. The original movie of discussion. 😁
That movie was based on the life story of our founding member.

As was Xanadu, just wait until we dust off the rollerskates

Yeah, it is a pretty fun watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back