Resource Season 34 Sign up Thread (New players required!)

lc5nuoy-png.550102

What is SFA?

Sweet FA is social fantasy football league based around the Qooty footy simulator.

Twelve teams compete in two seasons each calendar year in a home-and-away format with finals, similar to AFL. Each week, teams engage with their opponents in the baattle of wits in dedicated match threads until the game is posted on each Sunday. Players can also get involved in media or other representative competitions played.

Find out more in this complete compilation of the league's history and statistics.

What is Qooty?

Qooty is a computer-simulated football game brought to Big Footya by Mobbs. Two teams of 20 players, 18 on field + 2 interchange, are entered into the sim and a football match is played through a series of random events. Commentary and stats are generated by the sim, which are posted in the match thread each Sunday during the season.

How do I get involved?

Fill in the sign up form below, choose a team and away you go. Your captain will put you in the team and the sim will do the rest. There is no requirement to participate in match threads however participation is encouraged and is often used to 'reward' players with better positions.

FORM:

Name (your BigFooty username):
Preferred Position 1:
Preferred Position 2:
Preferred Position 3:
Number:
Height:
Weight:
Preferred Team (if you have one):
State (optional):
How did you hear about the S.F.A?:

Teams may then bid publicly or privately for their services, and the applicant should engage with the bidding teams. If a player nominated a club in the sign up form, then the nominated club is free to sign them after 24 hrs, provided no adjustments to the nominated club have been made in this time period. Any disputes between teams regarding who the player has joined after the 24 hour period must be clarified by the player themselves before they can be added to a squad list. The 24 hour period rule can be waived, only if the team does not have enough eligible players to fill the team and less than 24 hours remains until the teamsheet deadline.

Why should I get involved?

Sweet FA offers a different experience on Big Footy to the main/club boards while staying true to its football core. This community has been existence nearly as long as Big Footy itself and over 250 posters participate each season. The league has a strong fantasy element with its own history, awards, media, characters and stories. Match threads typically resemble random discussion threads that you would find on club boards.

WHO ARE THE SWEET F.A CLUBS AND WHO ARE THE ARE THE KEY CONTACTS?

stjmyui-png.550107
offical-logo-png.1446595
28CIW3c01aa72ee6daa31.png
1627097117321-png.1185376
j8gukr6-png.1315468
27GCR2f10619722e7e6bc.png
1613154943692-png.1056722
Sweet FA Administration:

Kennedy Parker
manangatang
Ophidian Old Boys:

Tigerturbulance
Elton Johns Wig
Coney Island Warriors:

Tonga Bob
Dinsdale
East Side Phoenix:

Chipmunk
thewizardmelon
Fighting Furies:

Pickitt
James Colorado
NaturalDisaster
Gold City Royals:

nahnah
CakeEater
Gumbies FFC:

DenieD
27LVBdc585cb1f9c2b45f.png
27MBD9e7c0d167fc10f77.png
1613154820705-png.1056721
27SCS807d2317babda465.png
27WON8c4b031cdc42d77d.png
27BOMa5cafab7df0cbfef.png
27DRA53059db217c79022.png
Las Vegas Bears:

JoshWoodenSpoon
tony
Mount Buller Demons:

manangatang
Roys FFC:

TedDougChris
Sin City Swamprats:

GremioPower
philreich
West Coast Wonders:

damicky
Brenton Davy
Baghdad Bombers:

BLUEALLTHRU
KohPhi
Dragons FFC:

T2B_

Frequently Asked Questions:

Do I need to do anything?

Once signed up, all you need to do is show up week by week and, alongside your teammates, banter with the opposition. You may also choose to get involved in league media and volunteer roles.

Ok, so I read the above description and read some of the threads on the board, but I still don't really 'get' it.

For a more detailed description of the Sweet FA Concept, read the "Sweet FA Explained" thread in the useful links section below. You can also ask your captain, fellow teammates for help understanding it.

If you still don't understand, don't worry, that comes with time.

So it is a banter board, does that mean anything goes?

No. The Sweet FA is fairly lenient in terms of banter, sledging and insults compared to the majority of the board, but there is still a line, if you cross that line, you will face consequences from the board moderators (Anything from a warning to bans) and possibly even league Administration (Missed matches, ineligibility from awards)

Things that are particularly frowned upon here:

• Any type of hate speech (Slurs regarding gender, race, sexuality etc) regardless of whether you are joking or not
  • Over the top smut, suggestive images or gifs
  • Mod abuse/ criticism
  • Personal attacks not directed at a posters persona, but the person behind that persona.

For more details, please have a read of the board rules:

You can also PM the board moderators if unsure of anything:

manangatang
The Filth Wizard

It sounds fun, but I don't have the time to commit, is it a big commitment?

It is really what you make it. Some post a lot in match threads, get involved in media and volunteer, others are happy posting 3-4 times a week. It is up to you how much time you choose to put into it. At the end at the day, it's about the fun and no one will hold it against you if you cannot be extremely active.

How does the "simulator" work?

The sim randomly generates match commentary and and statistics for each game.

An example of commentary:

an example of statistics generated:

Is the simulator random?

Yes, it is 100% random.

Do I have to be around when the match is being posted?

It is part of the experience and the fun, but if you cannot be around, don't stress. You can always catch up later.

Feel free to sign up and enjoy the league with all the other BigFooty posters! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them in this thread.

Useful Links:

Last edited:
If you're serious about qooty, join the team on zero qooty games.

old timey baseball conan obrien GIF by Team Coco
I didn’t join yet still hold the record for being the first player to score for the OOBs.

My name will be placed on an Honour Board somewhere. Maybe a statue in the hallowed grounds would be a more appropriate tribute. Either way, that record will stand forever.

Back