Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 2 - Ophidian Old Boys v West Coast Wonders @ Sportswood Oval #Mobbs550

Who wins?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Barack Obama Justice GIF by GIPHY News

I had a Christmas card turn up last week that was posted end of November.
Sounds like you got your card earlier than usual it seems - MERRY CHRISTMAS HARPSichord ;)

*- That’s quite shocking though even by Australian Post standards, I feel ya pain.

Last edited:
Sportswood Oval, what and why Mobbs
Wo yeah, meant to be Spotswood Oval ... I didn't even notice that.

I guess the match is invalidated and we'll need to play it again. Not to mention team suspensions for the OP and premiership points deductions for their team.

(Spotswood Oval was chosen as the ground name for the failed West Gate Trolls bid - it sat unused until the OOBs took it on, and Tigerturbulance along with his bid team said it sounded fine and didn't need a name change when we moved in)

Hope this helps with your posting quota.

Wo yeah, meant to be Spotswood Oval ... I didn't even notice that.

I guess the match is invalidated and we'll need to play it again. Not to mention team suspensions for the OP and premiership points deductions for their team.

(Spotswood Oval was chosen as the ground name for the failed West Gate Trolls bid - it sat unused until the OOBs took it on, and Tigerturbulance along with his bid team said it sounded fine and didn't need a name change when we moved in)

Hope this helps with your posting quota.
what other stadiums are abandoned mobbs?

what other stadiums are abandoned mobbs?
Waverley Oval, Fulmina Oval, Municipal Reserve, Highway Reserve, Dark Park, Outback Arena, Kingdom Oval, Alberton Oval, Tittybong Oval, I think that's it in the Meckons region, Sweet and close by.

Living a short time in South Pasadena, and doing my Greencard interview in Pasadena proper, I almost went near almost near almost near that place.

I previously told you I grew up in a decidedly less prosperous section of Los Angeles, near your old SP digs.

Just finished the match! Many congratulations on your big thing, Mobbs! (Oh, and your 550th too.)

Onward and upward, OOB!

Thanks for the week, Wonders. I hope to be more active in the rematch.

Thanks for posting, MWPP!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I spent a week at a seedy motel in Inglewood. I know better now. Hey, it was cheap and near the airport, right?
Our first night on our second trip was spent at Inglewood! There was a Dennys right next door to us. Then we moved to Holywood, then South Pasadena.

... then Santa Monica, then up to San Francisco (Presidio), then Nob Hill, then Los Altos, then Mountain View, then Capitola next to Santa Cruz, then up to Martinez, then Rohnert Park for a night each, then Santa Rosa, then ton Santa Barbara, then Goleta (next to Santa Barbara), then Pasadena while interviewing for Greencard (beaten for the part by some french guy with a massive nose), then back to Santa Barbara, and finally Brissy.

I spent a week at a seedy motel in Inglewood. I know better now. Hey, it was cheap and near the airport, right?

Yeah... Inglewood is... well it does have The Fabulous Forum where the Lakers played for decades, and I saw many concerts there.

But not a place I'd recommend visitors to hang out.

By comparison, I think my experience was much more pleasant. Hell, I'd spend a half hour just driving around, absorbing so many old memories and more recent change.

Went by my Grandma's old house, my high school, the Masonic Hall where I attended a few dances, etc.. The liquor store that used to sell me booze in high school was a particular treat.

Back