Women's Footy Season 7 - Pre-season - trade and draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just very poor form not to ask for a trade. Still think it’s underhanded to say she can’t play due to mental issues and work commitments then turns around and plays for another club.
Has to be more to it. She's nominated for the draft FFS, I doubt we delisted her thinking she wouldn't play again.
And it was the WA draft only, so she clearly preferred to play footy here.

Has to be more to it. She's nominated for the draft FFS, I doubt we delisted her thinking she wouldn't play again.
And it was the WA draft only, so she clearly preferred to play footy here.
If she wanted to go to the Eagles or Demons, then it’s a simple trade. Just ask for a trade.

This situation smells.

View attachment 1436412

Everything I’ve said… My conviction is faltering somewhat.

Surprise - why yes, yes it is.
Hardest secret to keep - how long have you been keeping this secret?
❤️💙 - 🤢🤮 (😠💔)

What’s the full story???? I guess we’ll never know.
Using mental illness like this is pretty low.

Melbourne not trading for her lacks any intergrity.

It's not great for the opticals, but it's hard to hold any issue with an AFLW player looking to boost their career for too long, given the conditions they ply their trade in.

It's not great for the opticals, but it's hard to hold any issue with an AFLW player looking to boost their career for too long, given the conditions they ply their trade in.
What?

How hard for her to ask Fremantle for trade because she wanted a new start in another state?

She played the mental health game to screw Fremantle out of any draft assets.

That’s not fair.

View attachment 1436412

❤️💙 - 🤢🤮 (😠💔)

So she either f***ed us completely or the club legit does not rate her as a player anymore. Wow wtf.

What?

How hard for her to ask Fremantle for trade because she wanted a new start in another state?

She played the mental health game to screw Fremantle out of any draft assets.

That’s not fair.
What draft assets? I don't think there would've been any in the offing, given how the draft plays out.

Who knows what the exact details are outside of those right on the inside of the situation, but I wouldn't be making any assumptions regarding her mental health status at the time or now at this point.

View attachment 1436412

❤️💙 - 🤢🤮 (😠💔)

starting to hate footy REAL bad. What is this s**t?!?! You can't have your cake and eat it both ways....this stinks and is a massive disappointment for me. Like Eastfreo says, do the 'honourable' thing and ask the club to trade you. Respect what the club has done for you, unless the club has stiffed you...but that's not what she intimated in the podcast. Something about this is off, real off........and we'll probably never know the real truth.

Extremely disappointed, I guess she's not in Eagle colours which would have switched me right off, but this isn't exactly a good look for anyone

If this happens it’s really gonna hurt, she’s so talented and been my favourite dockers player
Prepare for hurt. She's been signed by them. It will happen :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prepare for hurt. She's been signed by them. It will happen :(

giphy.gif

What draft assets? I don't think there would've been any in the offing, given how the draft plays out.

Who knows what the exact details are outside of those right on the inside of the situation, but I wouldn't be making any assumptions regarding her mental health status at the time or now at this point.
It could have been a simple trade like second round pick for Duffy.

Why all the bs?

If she wanted to go to the Eagles or Demons, then it’s a simple trade. Just ask for a trade.

This situation smells.

Of course, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's done the dirty. Doesn't mean she hasn't either I guess. But there needs to be at least some transparency here from the club.

View attachment 1436412

❤️💙 - 🤢🤮 (😠💔)

Thinking about this more - has she nominated only for WA and had a side deal with Melbourne at the same time?

Isn't that draft tampering?

Yeah the admission of "holding the secret" really turns everything sour

I was already inferring that happened seeing as she instantly signed with Melbourne the next day but now its so blatantly obvious that its draft tampering

I'm a little bit shocked that Sabs would screw over the club she grew up supporting and seemingly loved?

AFL needs to either close this loophole or we need to exploit it ourselves, won't be satisfied til either happens

Yeah the admission of "holding the secret" really turns everything sour

I was already inferring that happened seeing as she instantly signed with Melbourne the next day but now its so blatantly obvious that its draft tampering

I'm a little bit shocked that Sabs would screw over the club she grew up supporting and seemingly loved?

AFL needs to either close this loophole or we need to exploit it ourselves, won't be satisfied til either happens
Its dodgy as hell... what did she tell us to get us to delist her? She obviously would've spoken to the Eagles as well, what did she say to the Eagles (who desperately need talent of any kind) to get them to not draft her?

Then she signs up immediately to a club on the other side of the country? lol as if

Its dodgy as hell... what did she tell us to get us to delist her? She obviously would've spoken to the Eagles as well, what did she say to the Eagles (who desperately need talent of any kind) to get them to not draft her?

Then she signs up immediately to a club on the other side of the country? lol as if
yep, will be very interesting to hear the whispers coming out of the club about Duffy, everything eventually leaks, will they be surprised that she signed straight away with the Dees?

The plot thickens. Ashley Sharp is ‘proud of her Bub’ (the name the Freo girls all call each other). I think Duffy may have simply delisted, and was offered an opportunity to continue her career. I’m just speculating, but it’s interesting that a teammate would be ‘proud’ if she’d shafted the club.
Although having said that, when Houghton and Cain left voluntarily, there were messages of support and congrats from numerous Freo girls, where as as far as I’ve seen, just the one message for Duffy.
Lol - I need to let this go. She’s an oppo player now, so let’s see Low or Verrier take her down when we play Melbourne this season. 👍🏼

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back