AFLW Season 7: Round 1 v Adelaide @ Glenelg Oval, Friday 7:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW is back already and we're kicking off with a GF rematch on Friday!
The teams will probably line up similarly to the GF, the one big out for Adelaide being Phillips obviously, but tbh she isn't the star she once was. Our main problem against Adelaide was the strength of Marinoff and Hatchard around the ball, and Randall/Allan intercepting in defence.
Our attack looks good based on pre-season form (even accounting for the crap opposition). If we can find some targets outside of Harris we should be able to put on some scoreboard pressure and work around their interceptors. I'm still concerned about the kids, but Purcell and West looked solid as bigger bodies inside in pre-season so hopefully can even things up there.
Overall not confident, but hoping we can make up for the disappointment of last season quickly.

AFLWRD1InjuryReport.png

Back in season 5, there was a game at Casey Fields where your girls absolutely killed us. As seen here -

I remember 2 of your midfielders absolutely pulverising us. 1 was Paxman, but who was the other? In my head it was Zanker. But, seeing McNamara out and you guys not liking that, i wonder if it was her.

Back in season 5, there was a game at Casey Fields where your girls absolutely killed us. As seen here -

I remember 2 of your midfielders absolutely pulverising us. 1 was Paxman, but who was the other? In my head it was Zanker. But, seeing McNamara out and you guys not liking that, i wonder if it was her.
In my head it might have been Zanker too? But I can’t quite remember if she had moved to the midfield by then so I might be wrong. Zanker killed it in the midfield when first moved there, but I thought her form was down in comparison last season.

Really looking forward to this match though. I really want to see whether we have made any inroads in matching Adelaides hardness, because you really bullied us out of it in the GF last season

Probably Zanker. McNamara is a good player, but more an outside runner who goes all day. Not the type to pulverise anyone, just run them off their feet.
Maddy Gay might've been it if not Zanker. She's playing more in defence now but had a couple of solid seasons in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back