AFLW Season 7 Round 6 v Freo @ Fremantle Oval, Sunday 2 October 3:10pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a good win over the Blues we head west to take on Freo. They're struggling this year (largely due to injuries, expansion losses) but are starting to find some kind of form.
That said, I'm feeling confident we win this. We put together our best four-quarter game last week. Although it wasn't put on the scoreboard we are playing good footy. I hope we can dish out a few big floggings to catch up the % gap Adelaide and Brisbane have, but not sure we'll get that here.

Adelaide and Brisbane still have to play each other in round 8. So even if % doesn't improve, top 2 is still very much for the taking for Melbourne.

Another reason why % might not matter too much: If the Lions finish first and get grand final hosting rights, but there's no available/suitable venue in QLD (genuine possibility, severely under-reported), the game would be played in the opposition's home town.

KAYNE

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2007
Big White
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
So am I right in reading they are doing a top 8 and same format to the mens? Means we are pretty much a lock for the finals. Where would the finals be played? Guessing we stick with Casey. Grand Final if a VIC team hosting most likely Marvel?

So am I right in reading they are doing a top 8 and same format to the mens? Means we are pretty much a lock for the finals. Where would the finals be played? Guessing we stick with Casey. Grand Final if a VIC team hosting most likely Marvel?
Finals format is same as men's. Venue may depend on who we play (e.g. if we get a final v the Pies/North could be moved to Marvel, maybe MCG), otherwise Casey most likely for the first week, something bigger possible for PF/GF. Our prelim v Brisbane was at the 'G in the season earlier this year. A Vic hosted GF could be at the G but all may depend on what grounds are available, cricket season etc.

KAYNE

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2007
Big White
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
MCG and most other main grounds will be off limits due to the cricket world cup. Assume Marvel most likely in Victoria. Adelaide and Brisbane other likely scenarios I have no idea.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
The AFL seem to have a hard on for Ikon Park . Would not be surprised if a VIC club hosts the GF it’s at that hole .

The AFL seem to have a hard on for Ikon Park . Would not be surprised if a VIC club hosts the GF it’s at that hole .
Ture. Also though, the dogs have added a couple of home games there due to whitten redevelopment. They also played a home game at punt road which feels weird

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep, running ourselves into trouble too often. Nice that we're taking the game on and it is coming off nicely sometimes, but some composure to know when to slow it down a bit would be great.
Happy to be in front . Makin seems to have taken to footy quite nicely too .

Getting bad vibes.
Definitely felt that way at 3 quarter time. Had last minute 1pt loss written all over it.
Some of those out the back taps were a treat to Hanks in the last. Silly me.
Liked that we threw the magnets around a bit, Heath in the middle looked pretty handy. I like her run and tackling through there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back