All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
South
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Chelsea, Canucks, Cubbies
I thought Munyard and Newman had really good games

Phillips named in their best.... Had 14 didn't do much was their 2nd highest disposal getter
Kick to handball ratio? I only recall 1 short kick down the line on the members side

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Great performance from the team. Definitely put Port back in their box which was nice. I did remind a few friends that this is what happens when you put mythical Chinese $$$ ahead of actual football development.

The key players dominated as expected - Randall, Marinoff, Hatchard all excellent. Randall is incredible. What a leader and player. Hatchard needs to fix kicking if going to push forward like that. Should have kicked 4.
Gould was outstanding.
Allan still exceptional.
Really like Biddell. Very strong in the air and reads the ball well.

As much as I like slagging Port, it's good they are in the competition now. Was a great atmosphere and a really enjoyable game.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers

Phillips named in their best.... Had 14 didn't do much was their 2nd highest disposal getter
Phillips is cooked. You can see the class, but she's struggling to move.
She looks like that old ex basketball player that is playing social basketball. Jogs up and down the court, makes a beautiful pass here and there, but is really just wandering around the fringes.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Another clinical win, our midfield trio of Randall, Marinoff and Hatchard were phenomenal tonight. Is that Randall's best game? I'm not sure how it compares to destroying Tayla Harris in three separate grand finals but it's got to be up there!

Outside of those three, Biddell just continues to impress so much, Charlton is playing excellent footy, and Gould should be (but won't be) in the discussion for best ruck in the league. Munyard played probably the best game of her career so far, and Newman is building nicely too.

What has happened to Tonon? :( Her second half was a bit better, but that's two games in a row now against opposition we have completely smashed, and each time she's been outplayed by her opponent. She seems to have regressed from last season. Not sure what is going on there. Meanwhile I actually thought Button and Rajcic were okay, at least compared to earlier in the season.

Shame about Dowrick, hopefully she will be alright, but without trying to sound cold, as a team it's not a massive loss. Dowrick out, Ponter in. Jones on the other hand, we definitely don't want to lose her. She seemed to get absolutely crunched at one point, she laid a bump and then somehow it turned into a massive tumble. I couldn't quite see for sure but it looked like the girl she bumped didn't appreciate it and just flung her to the ground. Was ugly, either way.

Onto Fremantle! I'm very fascinated to see how they fare against Melbourne this week after a couple of close matches in recent weeks against weaker sides.

We should target Ewings for a trade just to pile on the pain

She is going to be an absolute gun. Wish we had her.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Credit to Port for their first quarter, they generated plenty of chances and just didn't quite take them. De Melo looks lively! I wonder how different things would have been different if she nailed those two chances early on? Alex Ballard also looks like a great player.

It's got to burn for Port supporters knowing that, if they had really wanted it, this could have been their team. Make no mistake about it, the AFL would have dearly loved to give Port an AFLW team if they had been willing to do the legwork. They missed the moment, and now they will be playing catch up for a generation.

Apr 28, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, West Adelaide
Randall-WEB.png

Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
A bit sad that Port didn't get a goal. Not too sad, but, still.

Think so too, it's notable that they both often at or around the fall of the ball when we get under-pressure kicks out of midfield clearances. But also they are constructive with it, not just fumbling it into a stoppage. It's a big part of why the ball remained in our forward line all game.

I had to laugh last night.

I couldn't attend the Showdown as I double booked and went to the North Adelaide best and fairest.

One of the awards was the Womens leading goalkicker. But as Hannah was playing across the road, she couldn't attend, therefore she had a pre-recorded message.

In it she said 'Sorry I can't be here, but I'm currently kicking goals at the showdown'

This award was given out about 5-10 minutes after the games conclusion. So we all knew Port went goalless :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Truck25

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers

I really like liked both their games, they both have a really nice leg and are becoming genuine weapons for us. If Lairdy could kick as well as these 2 he'd win a Brownlow.

Last edited:

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
How good is Chelsea Randall. Have to do whatever we can to keep her at the club for as long as we can.

I like how she's always watching and cheering on the men's side too (on socials etc.)

Seems like a really good person to have around the club.

A former committee member of the Rainbow Crows passed away earlier this week. One of the first people to comment on our Insta post about this was Chelsea offering her condolences.

She is a all round superstar - on and off the field.

Back