Preview Season 7, Round 6 v Port Power: Friday 30 September @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Also big lols at all the “ooooh this is a danger game” clowns. This was an elite 3-time premiership squad against a team whose best player had their best years for us.
I get the pre game hype by those in the media. Trying to encourage the crowd to attend. But instead they embarrassed Port and totally disrespected and insulted the Crows. They should have looked to educate rather than hype. The AFLW has never resembled the men's comp in results. Very rarely has a new club ever beaten a talented existing club. 99% of the time they barely score. That's how one sided these games traditionally are. Watch, the band wagon media won't say peep again for the rest of the season other than a passing sentence.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have a Port supporting friend over here in Melbourne who has been waiting for their women's team from the get go and knew they would be getting pumped but she didn't care about that - she is just stoked they belatedly got a team. She happened to be in Adelaide for their win against Sydney and also their very first training session a couple months ago so she is obviously and rightly 100% behind the team, but she was so annoyed with the Chad Cornes 'hate them' pump up speech - devoid of real context of what the Port team, and women's footy in general, has done and what it still needs to go through - I think "[Chad] can * right off" was her quote about it

Ha

But More Port Adelaidey Football, right?

Have a Port supporting friend over here in Melbourne who has been waiting for their women's team from the get go and knew they would be getting pumped but she didn't care about that - she is just stoked they belatedly got a team. She happened to be in Adelaide for their win against Sydney and also their very first training session a couple months ago so she is obviously and rightly 100% behind the team, but she was so annoyed with the Chad Cornes 'hate them' pump up speech - devoid of real context of what the Port team, and women's footy in general, has done and what it still needs to go through - I think "[Chad] can * right off" was her quote about it

Ha

But More Port Adelaidey Football, right?
I genuinely think their embarrassing hyping of stuff including Chad getting out every showdown week to talk up how much he hates, is doing real damage to them as a club.

I saw a tweet along the lines of both clubs not having any class at a showdown.

Sorry but Randall was ALL class.

I can imagine those Port AFLW players being all confused by Davies and Chad telling them how much they hate us, then they see an absolute champion of the game in her victory speech say how much better the comp is for having Port in it and making them all for special despite the drubbing.

I genuinely think their embarrassing hyping of stuff including Chad getting out every showdown week to talk up how much he hates, is doing real damage to them as a club.

I saw a tweet along the lines of both clubs not having any class at a showdown.

Sorry but Randall was ALL class.

I can imagine those Port AFLW players being all confused by Davies and Chad telling them how much they hate us, then they see an absolute champion of the game in her victory speech say how much better the comp is for having Port in it and making them all for special despite the drubbing.
They were always gonna get pumped. What made it embarrassing for them was the false bravado from the Powaa all week that they had a chance. That loss was embarrassing for them with the added bonus that they were goalless.

Coaches votes are in!

10 Chelsea Randall (ADEL)
7 Anne Hatchard (ADEL)
7 Ebony Marinoff (ADEL)
4 Caitlin Gould (ADEL)
1 Hannah Munyard (ADEL)
1 Teah Charlton (ADEL)

Almost a unique breakdown. The only difference between the coaches was whether Hatchard pipped Marinoff or not, and whether to include Munyard or Charlton in 5th spot. Sounds about right to me.

5 Randall
4 Hatchard
3 Marinoff
2 Gould
1 Munyard/Charlton

5 Randall
4 Marinoff
3 Hatchard
2 Gould
1 Munyard/Charlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back