Season defining five round block

Where will the Crows sit after these five games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest positive to come from this block of games is that we haven't dropped our heads after a loss.

The Pies game was similar to the St Kilda game last year where we felt we should have won.

Likewise the Bulldogs game was like some of our really bad performances in 2021-22.

The way we've been able to bounce back shows we have actually improved on previous years (119others will be happy to hear me say this).

The next box to tick is to start winning away.
Be good if we got games away at places that mattered

Last edited:
Didn't realise it at the time but Gold Coast away has become as hard or harder than the 5 fixtures that this thread looked at.

A bonus season defining match.

Splitting this block 3-3 will be a good effort.
In the end I feel this block of games has been effected by a team virus that has been transferred from team to team during games.
Saints were down against us, and then we were down against the Dogs, and the Dogs were down this week after playing us.
The Lions were down this week after playing the Suns who were down last week.

6-5 the final outcome.
2 wins (Saint & Lions) 3 losses (Pies, Cats, Dogs).
I had us pegged for 1 win only.

Interestingly, we have beaten three of the teams ahead of us on the ladder, some cause for optimism.

I think the best thing about the 2-5 block for me was our score differential was only -3.

If you had told me we would play last years premiers, the current top of the table, the 6-2 Saints, the dogs on a 5 game winning streak, and the Lions on a 7 game winning streak, and we would end up only -3 over 5 rounds with 2 wins... Yeah, i'll take that every day of the week.

(I do wish it was only -1 and 3 wins though, damn that Pies game stings).

The biggest positive to come from this block of games is that we haven't dropped our heads after a loss.

The Pies game was similar to the St Kilda game last year where we felt we should have won.

Likewise the Bulldogs game was like some of our really bad performances in 2021-22.

The way we've been able to bounce back shows we have actually improved on previous years (119others will be happy to hear me say this).

The next box to tick is to start winning away.

The away wins is the step to becoming a premiership contender

Coming into this year - making AO feel like a fortress again - was probably the key tick to prove we are improving from prior years.

And so far we have been very hard to beat at home

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wonder how the Suns are recovering from Saturday nights game. We were flat as tacks after our Round 1 game which had bad humidity. Can't imagine that game against the dogs would have been easy on them physically.

Feel like if we win the first quarter we could be in for a good showing.

I wonder how the Suns are recovering from Saturday nights game. We were flat as tacks after our Round 1 game which had bad humidity. Can't imagine that game against the dogs would have been easy on them physically.

Serves them right for being an unwanted club that sells its home games.

Difference is GCS are staying up there aren't they? So will be interesting, Fremantle stayed in Adelaide after their loss for Gather Round and were horrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back