Strategy Season Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Lose the rest of our games, quite possible too I might add. Hope freo jag one they shouldn’t win and we might end up with pick 5. Keep tankin 4 Rankin
Pick 5 is almost out of reach.

Carlton, Brisbane, St Kilda and Suns x 2.

It's how we appease the Apricot Slice brigade. I can tell you the players are thinking a bit different to that statement.

My expectations ??? 13th place and Pick 6.
Is that a guess that’s how they are feeling or inside?

Surely the time has come for those who want us to bust a gut to finish 8thto admit that it’s pointless. We will not progress, we will not win the flag and in the end we will do ourselves a disservice.

We have one top 10 draftee and that’s Gibbs. We have lost first rounders due to penalties and defections. We will not win a flag by doing what we have done for the last 20 years.

This year we have an opportunity we must take. If we don’t and your happy to hurt our ability to have success in the future for a few more wins this year, then well you shouldn’t complain ever again when we fail to win it.

It's how we appease the Apricot Slice brigade. I can tell you the players are thinking a bit different to that statement.

My expectations ??? 13th place and Pick 6.
523063_0d1c8dccd2ba594bb071ccdeb3847de0.gif

Interesting, they aren’t dumb so I’m sure they would get it.

Can’t see 13th though. I think we can 3 more games and lock in 12th, they being wins against Port, Melbourne and Carlton.
12th is most likely, I was being optimistic..... or pessimistic.... I dont know.

Surely the time has come for those who want us to bust a gut to finish 8thto admit that it’s pointless. We will not progress, we will not win the flag and in the end we will do ourselves a disservice.

We have one top 10 draftee and that’s Gibbs. We have lost first rounders due to penalties and defections. We will not win a flag by doing what we have done for the last 20 years.

This year we have an opportunity we must take. If we don’t and your happy to hurt our ability to have success in the future for a few more wins this year, then well you shouldn’t complain ever again when we fail to win it.
Couldn't agree more, but you knew that.

I congratulate and commend the club and the current playing group who have done a wonderful job in getting to a GF. It's been done on the back of some canny trading, unearthing some diamonds in the rough, and the odd highish pick.

But the reality is you need the cattle who take over when system only gets you so far. This PG has taken things as far as they can given the draft sanctions, the exits etc. it's time to reload.

And No better time to do it, the stars have aligned themselves for us with a super draft coming filled with elite SA talent.

I say again - elite SA talent. It's what 97/98 was built on and it's the way forward again.

I congratulate and commend the club and the current playing group who have done a wonderful job in getting to a GF. It's been done on the back of some canny trading, unearthing some diamonds in the rough, and the odd highish pick.

But the reality is you need the cattle who take over when system only gets you so far. This PG has taken things as far as they can given the draft sanctions, the exits etc. it's time to reload.

And No better time to do it, the stars have aligned themselves for us with a super draft coming filled with elite SA talent.

I say again - elite SA talent. It's what 97/98 was built on and it's the way forward again.
Probably couldn't have picked a better year to balls it up

The thing is we really don’t have to do anything but keep up current form and we will have 8th, maybe 12th and 19th at a minimum. If Talia is our for a while then it’s guaranteed.

Then it becomes a matter of what happens to Sloane and Gov. I’m banking on Sloane going so hopefully that’s pick 9. Bundle picks 8&9 for 1, which I think is fair. Get Lukosius.

Gov goes only if we get 4-5, get Rankine.

Pick 12 Rozee or Hartley.

Job done.

The thing is we really don’t have to do anything but keep up current form and we will have 8th, maybe 12th and 19th at a minimum. If Talia is our for a while then it’s guaranteed.

Then it becomes a matter of what happens to Sloane and Gov. I’m banking on Sloane going so hopefully that’s pick 9. Bundle picks 8&9 for 1, which I think is fair. Get Lukosius.

Gov goes only if we get 4-5, get Rankine.

Pick 12 Rozee or Hartley.

Job done.
The question then will be, will we pick them ??

The absolute best thing that can possibly happen to us is to get beaten by the Cats at home next week.

Take the decision out of our hands.

Because you just *know* that as long as it's still #mathematicallypossible - no matter how rationally the argument is set out against it - we'll keep going hard.

The sooner finals are an impossible prospect, the better off we'll be.

The question then will be, will we pick them ??
I think we would. If we didn’t when they are clear talents and then we pick Vic boys who leave or take huge cap space, I’m joining Marty’s bandwagon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably couldn't have picked a better year to balls it up
We've actually got incredible draft momentum if that's even a thing.

We already have 2 1sts and 2 2nds plus next years as well.

We need to build on that via trading to make sure we have something approaching 3 x top 10 picks and another 3 within the top 25.

The absolute best thing that can possibly happen to us is to get beaten by the Cats at home next week.

Take the decision out of our hands.

Because you just *know* that as long as it's still #mathematicallypossible - no matter how rationally the argument is set out against it - we'll keep going hard.

The sooner finals are an impossible prospect, the better off we'll be.
Exactly.

Listening to Hart this morning re Talia,”we will do whatever it takes to get him up”. 6 days after hurting his foot which he’s carried all year, we will push to have him play and possibly do more damage.

Take your hit FFS and call it a season. We won’t lose members or sponsors, there is no downside except for the media scrutiny on those at the club.

We've actually got incredible draft momentum if that's even a thing.

We already have 2 1sts and 2 2nds plus next years as well.

We need to build on that via trading to make sure we have something approaching 3 x top 10 picks and another 3 within the top 25.
2 seconds? We gave ours to Carlton which sucks.

I think we would. If we didn’t when they are clear talents and then we pick Vic boys who leave or take huge cap space, I’m joining Marty’s bandwagon.
I meant as in when we have them in the squad, I have little doubt we will pick them draft night.

We need to send Tex and Sloane off for surgery ASAP and get them right for 2019 because clearly somethings up.
Play it smart with Eddie - get him cherry ripe for next year. Maybe only play home games for the rest of the year.

Why did Jenkins have his shoulder strapped last week?

Then he ripped it off in the second half?

Get him under the knife if he needs surgery at season end.

Exactly.

Listening to Hart this morning re Talia,”we will do whatever it takes to get him up”. 6 days after hurting his foot which he’s carried all year, we will push to have him play and possibly do more damage.

Take your hit FFS and call it a season. We won’t lose members or sponsors, there is no downside except for the media scrutiny on those at the club.

I wonder sometimes if we are a victim of our early success, if 97 and 98 both being won in such non-dominant seasons have created and instilled this cellular belief of "make the eight and anything can happen".

Hart would have bought into that mindset 100% being a part of those glory days.

And it's been slowly killing us ever since.

Exactly.

The club has to be be seen to be doing everything it can to win - especially with all the tempting SA fruit on offer.

Playing players as soon as they can walk again after injury, DMac cos we just need his run and carry, and experience (not doing the things we think they should to improve things) shows the club is doing its best to "win" ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back