Toast Season Greetings

Remove this Banner Ad

We should have a balmy eight degrees today, which is far too warm for Christmas: the colder the better.

Do you send Christmas cards with winter scenes?
Feel sorry for you.

Its supposed to be 32 degrees here on Christmas day.

So the plan is an early morning surf - then brekkie and presents.

Lunch will be fresh prawns and wasabi mayo and ice cold pale ales and everything else on the menu is simply filler!!! (lots and lots of filler!!!)

By the way, what's it like having Christmas in midsummer? I don't think I could used to it.

Merry Xmas mate.

We’ve looked ahead at the weather forecast and Melbourne will be sunny and hot, so we’re having cold meats, garden salad, potato salad, pickled onion, coleslaw and cheeses. More of a ploughman type lunch, but we’ll also have a hot roast chook and some crispy steamed veggies.

Sweets will be trifle (with a soggy sherry base), pavlova, brandy custard and a chocolate ripple cake (for the kids).

We haven’t had the traditional hot roast lunch for a few years. Too hot. Everyone brings something and it’s tasty and simple.

Merry Christmas all
464hhpn.jpg

By best mate dropped these off as a present this morning.

the year we win the flag i reckon by about christmas time i would just have my emotions in check to not spontaniously break into joyful tears ... i would prob be just sobering up from the massive part afterwards by that stage as well ......... maybe :)
If we can snag a flag in the coming years.....come Dec and Christmas of that year......I'll be setting up a table and chairs in the middle of the oval at RSEA Park....lot's of Turkey,ham and all the trimmings...….also plenty of Scotch and eggnog.

Your all invited !!!!!!!

All the best to all and best wishes for 2019.

Can't wait for all the excitement in 2019......sparring.....insults.....meltdowns in what is Saints BF.

LOL.

Bring it on !!!!!!!!

I have to say that the best Christmas ad on TV has been the Aldi one where Santa crashes his sled somewhere in the outback.

It's absolutely brilliant.

Last years was of a heap of Santa's surfing.

Have to hand it to Aldi......they come up with some great left field advertising.

5007E153-4FE7-4EF3-A6A5-7A162CAE4C74.jpeg Season’s greetings to one and all
I got my Christmas presents a couple of days early
My Oncologist has told me that with my chemotherapy treatments
I have 3-6 months (maybe more, maybe less) and my publishers gave
me 10 copies of my book.
I will put up a link where you can go to buy a copy and am determined to
get to the first home game to sign copies for anyone who wants it.
Cheers

View attachment 598230 Season’s greetings to one and all
me 10 copies of my book.
Cheers
thats great news mate !! i look forward to seeing the link and buying a copy for myself ....
hope your christmas is fantastic for you and all your loved ones ...

me 10 copies of my book.
Cheers

Have a great Christmas Rabbs. Your bravery in sharing your story has been an inspiration and a great reminder for me to hug my kids every single day.

I hope tomorrow is fantastic for you and your loved ones. Enjoy it mate.

See you round 1. :thumbsu:

Season’s greetings to one and all
me 10 copies of my book.
Cheers
Best wishes Rabbit58 to you and your family......enjoy the day tomorrow and enjoy the festive season.

Fingers crossed that yr oncologist had it wrong and he meant years and not months.

Have a great Christmas Rabbs. Your bravery in sharing your story has been an inspiration and a great reminder for me to hug my kids every single day.

I hope tomorrow is fantastic for you and your loved ones. Enjoy it mate.

See you round 1. :thumbsu:
Ditto, Rabbit58. All the best and i hope you have a cracking day, surrounded by those who love and support you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

me 10 copies of my book.
Cheers
Keep fighting mate.

All the very best to you and your family.

From the Captain , i would like to wish all of you a Very Merry Xmas , may you all stay safe and drive with care for all road users and to Rabbit who i really don't know i hope you have an extra special day with your family
Cheers everyone

Been a hectic year.
Been super busy with work. Have had a few problems with the old body playing up as a lifetime of manual labour catches up with you eventually.
Also had a parent pass away this year which hit me pretty hard.
Ive gotta admit 2018 wont make the top 5 of "Snakes favourite Years".
But im sitting here with my family watching a Christmas Cartoon and every time Santa comes on the screen my 3yr old daughters eyes get as big as dinner plates and her excitement is uncontrollable .
Shes like a broken record, if i had a dollar for every time she has said today " Santa will be here tonight wont he Dad" :D

I love Xmas .

Hope everybody has a wonderful day tomorrow .
tenor.gif

Been a hectic year.
Been super busy with work. Have had a few problems with the old body playing up as a lifetime of manual labour catches up with you eventually.
Also had a parent pass away this year which hit me pretty hard.
Ive gotta admit 2018 wont make the top 5 of "Snakes favourite Years".
But im sitting here with my family watching a Christmas Cartoon and every time Santa comes on the screen my 3yr old daughters eyes get as big as dinner plates and her excitement is uncontrollable .
Shes like a broken record, if i had a dollar for every time she has said today " Santa will be here tonight wont he Dad" :D

I love Xmas .

Hope everybody has a wonderful day tomorrow .
tenor.gif

Merry xmas bud.

me 10 copies of my book.
Cheers

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you and your family mate. This time of the year has always been tough for me recently due to family loss. But stories like yours really make me reflect upon how lucky i am to still be here and to treasure what i still have.

Since I'm alone this year, it's a simple dinner for me tonight. Got some roast duck and pork from springvale to enjoy. Followed by the yearly movie marathon Die Hard, Love Actually and Elf haha.

Happy Holidays everyone. Please enjoy and cherish every moment you have with your loved ones. Don't let petty disagreements overwhelm you. Life is too short.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you and your family mate. This time of the year has always been tough for me recently due to family loss. But stories like yours really make me reflect upon how lucky i am to still be here and to treasure what i still have.

Since I'm alone this year, it's a simple dinner for me tonight. Got some roast duck and pork from springvale to enjoy. Followed by the yearly movie marathon Die Hard, Love Actually and Elf haha.

Happy Holidays everyone. Please enjoy and cherish every moment you have with your loved ones. Don't let petty disagreements overwhelm you. Life is too short.

Sounds like you've had some tough times of late. Hope you can find some joy tomorrow and enjoy the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back