Review Season launch function wrap up - Who was there and who wasn't

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a heads-up that in the Season Launch thread above are some pics and comments about the season launch last night at Zinc in Fed Square. I think the Whitten Oval would have been a better substitute however well done to all who created an evening in difficult conditions at short notice.

Bont thanked his partner in his speech. First time I've heard him mention his partner.

I don't care about the details one bit, so long as he's deliriously happy because if that deliriously happy state of mind pushes him and the team to the next level, then we're in for a hell of a year.

'All you need is love...(and premierships), all you need is love, love, premierships... sorry, love is all you need.' 😃

Last edited:
Bont thanked his partner in his speech. First time I've heard him mention his partner.

I don't care a bit about the details one bit, so long as he's deliriously happy because if that deliriously happy state of mind pushes him and the team to the next level, then we're in for a hell of a year.

'All you need is love...(and premierships), all you need is love, love, premierships... sorry, love is all you need.' 😃
Yes, I heard that. Our Bont is all grown up, even Naughts made a crack about him being over the hill.

I don't care about the details one bit, so long as he's deliriously happy because if that deliriously happy state of mind pushes him and the team to the next level, then we're in for a hell of a year.

We've only seen her feet so far. Wonder if she's a netballer.

To follow on, pics from photo day

275054650_10159639558012487_8405910291582749773_n.jpg

275051941_10159639557907487_5652703004699170392_n.jpg

275185908_10159639557952487_8447418298879842958_n.jpg

275098485_10159639557977487_3875084582216093283_n.jpg

I never thought I'd see a head coach address pandemics, climate change, war and revolution in his season launch speech. They broke the mould when they made our Bev.
I’m not one to be hyperbolic, but I honestly believe Beveridge would defeat Putin in any masculine contest. He would out bench him, squat him, Bevo would shoulder press the horse that Putin, the f**kwit, is riding.

I have never seen Putin with a moustache? Bevo’s erections are legendary around Bentleigh. Putin is a flaccid creature in decline.

I’m not one to be hyperbolic, but I honestly believe Beveridge would defeat Putin in any masculine contest. He would out bench him, squat him, Bevo would shoulder press the horse that Putin, the f**kwit, is riding.

I have never seen Putin with a moustache? Bevo’s erections are legendary around Bentleigh. Putin is a flaccid creature in decline.
Boston Celtics Lol GIF by NBA

Thanks had a great laugh reading this

I've long held the view that our Bulldog players are generally more lightly built than those of other teams. Perhaps it's the jumper hoops that add to this perception. Looking at the players preparing for their photo shoot however, most of them are very lithe, few have biceps of real definition and any evidence of bulk is missing.
Is this just the trend of the modern day footballer - built for speed, or is muscle development less of a priority at our club?
Just an observation.

Is this just the trend of the modern day footballer - built for speed

Endurance > speed > strength would be the order in which they are prioritised. Muscle mass is heavy and so it has a negative impact on endurance. However, muscle mass can also help with short-distance speed. Look at the differences in physiques between olympic sprinters vs olympics endurance runners. The optimal AFL player physique falls somewhere in the middle of that. Also, for a case study look at Marcus Adams. He has slimmed down immensely since he left us, most likely in an attempt to get some of that weight off his feet. There's not much use for big biceps in aussie rules. Think about the biomechanics. It might improve tackle strength somewhat, but I would guess the difference would be negligible. They're useful for getting chicks though, which BrisDog could tell you more about.

Endurance > speed > strength would be the order in which they are prioritised. Muscle mass is heavy and so it has a negative impact on endurance. However, muscle mass can also help with short-distance speed. Look at the differences in physiques between olympic sprinters vs olympics endurance runners. The optimal AFL player physique falls somewhere in the middle of that. Also, for a case study look at Marcus Adams. He has slimmed down immensely since he left us, most likely in an attempt to get some of that weight off his feet. There's not much use for big biceps in aussie rules. Think about the biomechanics. It might improve tackle strength somewhat, but I would guess the difference would be negligible. They're useful for getting chicks though, which BrisDog could tell you more about.
go you pups posts regularly on the Health & Fitness board and pretty much looks like this:

4efd1612d60ceb587173622cc71c5fd0

Might need him to confirm that last line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bevtin.jpg

We've only seen her feet so far. Wonder if she's a netballer.
You can surmise she's a netballer just by seeing her feet?! Were they actually her feet? Bont could have used props, or maybe just a team-mate with painted toenails to throw everyone off the scent. I've heard when Naughts paints his toenails, they look very similar to the feet of netballers. So many unanswered questions. (I was 'fed' a rumour a while back that Bont may have been dating one of our AFLW players, but the source of said rumour I believe was basing it more on hope that any substance.) Either way, hope everyone is happy!

You can surmise she's a netballer just by seeing her feet?! Were they actually her feet? Bont could have used props, or maybe just a team-mate with painted toenails to throw everyone off the scent. I've heard when Naughts paints his toenails, they look very similar to the feet of netballers. So many unanswered questions. (I was 'fed' a rumour a while back that Bont may have been dating one of our AFLW players, but the source of said rumour I believe was basing it more on hope that any substance.) Either way, hope everyone is happy!
No, only because Treloar’s wife is a netballer, Dunks’ sister is a netballer, Dunks’ new girlfriend is a netballer, and Tim English’s gf is a netballer. Bont and Dunks were away together post season, both came home with new girlfriends. It all adds up 🧐 😛.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back