Opinion Season on the line this week against Brisbane (a tribute)

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
As the title suggests am I the only one that believes our season is on the line this week.

By that I mean our premiership chances. If we lose this week it's almost certain we lose to Geelong leaving us likely at least two games out of the top 4.

Considering the Saints are looking like a bottom 4 side, two 50 points losses in three weeks sandwiched between a come from behind win against us I can't see us getting on 7-8 game winning streak which is what we would need if we are behind the 8 ball to make the top 4. Am I being to pessimistic?
-truman

As the title suggests am I the only one that believes our season is on the line this week.
- FKASC

So the Hawks suck nuts right now, but it would be just like us to play a crap team into form.

The club is looking east and the dreaded "L" is looming on the Victorian horizon once again.

Half the side is dead and the club necromancers are running out of replacement body parts to stitch onto corpses. Gov might come back with arms in place of legs in a couple of weeks.

Nic's still fat.

Have at it.

And you all know it.

Monday morning and nobody has posted this thread yet, so I'll do the honours. For once, I think it might actually be the case.

I found a pictorial representation of where our season is at.

View attachment 1142211

Lets face it. Not too many of us supporters think we are much of a chance this week. However, if we did happen to win we'd be just percentage out of the four entering a much needed break with soldiers returning after. The doc could pull out the colon catheter. Lose and he'll have to up the pentobarbital.

As the title suggests, am I the only one who believes that our season is on the line this week? Ten teams are playing this week but we are not. Clearly not good enough.

Season on the line this week vs Bulldogs

As the title suggests, am I the only one that believes there is a link between these threads disappearing and the Eagles on field failings?

View attachment 1178481

I have interviewed hundreds of thousands of athletes over the years and as this title suggests i am of the opinion they agree that the season is on the line this week against StKilda.

By that I mean our premiership chances. If we lose this week it's almost certain we lose to Geelong leaving us likely at least two games out of the top 4.

Considering the Saints are looking like a bottom 4 side, two 50 points losses in three weeks sandwiched between a come from behind win against us I can't see us getting on 7-8 game winning streak which is what we would need if we are behind the 8 ball to make the top 4. Am I being to pessimistic?

.. ... / .. - / -- . / --- .-. / -.. --- . ... / - .... . / - .. - .-.. . / ... ..- --. --. . ... - / ... . .- ... --- -. / --- -. / - .... . / .-.. .. -. . / .- --. .- .. -. ... - / -.-. --- -.-. -.- -... ..- .-. -. .-.-.- / -. --- / .-.. .. - . .-. .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / --- -. / - .... . / .-.. .. -. . .-.-.-

it had been foretold
in whispers

a time never seen; always known
are you the only one?
this week
maybe this week
stretching, reaching
learning, reaching
falling, reaching
until at last
the day it came
only that
it wasn't what we expected
wasn't what we'd hoped
but
finally,
together,
against no-one,
we reached

The End of The Line

I have a pretty bitter feeling realising that we spent the majority of the season in the 8, only to be knocked out by losing to Freo in the second last round. To be replaced by the Bombers no less.

Season can go in the bin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One more weekend and I'll be able to enjoy the weekend with much less stress and more peace.

It's the end of an era..

5jxuir.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back