Opinion Season on the line this week, the bye edition

Remove this Banner Ad

No maths this week? Liked the addition edition last week.

But as the title suggests philosophical edition...if Zac Langdon is taking a shot at goal to beat the bye...and no one is there to see it...does he make the distance?

Huddo is the best caller in the game. Glad he was the one calling this moment

“How about we give this overused, unfunny joke a rest? Its right up there with posting Gee on anything to do with Venables and putting in Jack Watts as a poll option as embarrassing crap just clogging up threads.”

******* gold

The bye is a dangerous time for a team, with all that idle time

Just ask Willie Rioli, he will be back in 5 days and is probably taking a few tokes right now as we speak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to watch the bye today lads! Some thoughts...

- Gee Venables has some skills. He mainly jogged laps before spending the last half hour or so on set shots - curled a few beauties from behind the boundary line at the end for a bit of fun. Hardly saw him miss a kick.
- What interested me the most was that McGovern split his time between the kitchen and the dunny, could be seeing a swingman role in 2021.
- Langdon has outstanding legs, just not AFL legs - Cripps was in most of the drills with him and couldn't keep up.
- Nelson is pale as buggery and slipped over a few times
- There was a big bloke who pulled up next to me and I could have sworn it was Suma, but I'm sure I was wrong...
- Brander was the player picked to kick the goal at the end today and nailed it. Celebrations were huge.
- Sheed kicked on his right foot for 80% of the session, I reckon. Nice to see players working on their non-preferred so readily.
- LEdwards looked a class above the other midfielders bar Yeo. Just knew how to find the footy and wouldn't miss a target all session. Shuey was very quiet and seemed to be taking direction from LEdwards. Doesn't bode well for his captaincy credentials, maybe he doesn't want the gig?
- Duggan looked on and was hitting targets left and right. Set for a huge round 15.
- Williams went up against Vardy in the ruck contests and I'd say that Williams has the inside running at the moment.
- Won't say too much about it in case I was just reading too much into it, but Rioli looked as though he'd enjoyed the 2 year break a bit too much. A few of the coaches pulled him aside and they were having quite an animated conversation before Rioli was sent to do laps for the rest of the session.
- A lot of running work again, clearly a focus even in the rain.
- Jesus Kennedy our lord and saviour looked like he was doing a great job 'coaching' the younger forwards in between the drills. Darling in particular seemed to be following him around.
- Season is definitely on the line this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back