Preview SEASON OPENER - Sydney Swans versus Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about our 22 which is most interesting for me is how the Aliir/Sinclair ruck combo influences the defence.

We always play 7 defenders every game. Our back 6 at the moment is named as:

Mills - Rampe - Grundy
McVeigh - Melican - Lloyd

And Aliir is named in the ruck. I'm not buying Aliir will play there though. It makes some superificial sense because then Sinclair can play forward but we've already got Franklin, Reid and Blakey there so I don't think it's needed.

I think that Mills will play pretty much the whole game in defence and that Aliir will play almost completely in defence, maybe 5 mins each quarter in the ruck. Particularly without either of Thurlow or O'Riordan in the side, we'll need both of them as defenders.

There will be a late in and one of COR, Thurlow or Ronke will come in IMO

A loss tonight would be extremely disappointing because we have (imo) all but 2 of our best 25 players playing. Only Nick Smith and Dan Menzel are unavailable through injury and everyone else is ready to go. We should play up to that standard.

No excuses. The conditions would suit our giant forward line as well.

Midfield needs to win the ball and needs to deliver it into the forward 50 quickly to give our forward line the best possible chance.

Neither are going to happen but today if you had the choice between Buddy kicking 10 goals, and Blakey kicking 5 goals, which would you pick?

I remember another 5-goal debut and getting very, VERY excited about a new forward prospect

On debut, Fitzgerald kicked five goals and "looked set for a big career". He played nine more games for the rest of the season. At the start of 2001, Fitzgerald injured his knee, requiring a reconstruction that resulted in him missing the entire season. In 2002, he was traded to the Adelaide Crows, but only played eight games for the Crows before retiring from AFL football due to another ACL injury that required a reconstruction

I'm a superstitious bugger, so i'll take the known 10 from Bud thanks

I think as there are a few Swans under clouds, seems a bit too easy that both Buddy and Florent would get up and recover perfectly in time for round one. Just a hunch but Ronke may come in for one of them.
If Florent wasn't right they would have left him at home. He wouldn't cause any changes to Dogs' plans. Bud more possible.

If Florent wasn't right they would have left him at home. He wouldn't cause any changes to Dogs' plans. Bud more possible.

All I’m saying is how often do Swans players actually recover and return in the timeframe that they were actually given?

And this is coming from me who felt 100% certain that Bud would play.

A loss tonight would be extremely disappointing because we have (imo) all but 2 of our best 25 players playing. Only Nick Smith and Dan Menzel are unavailable through injury and everyone else is ready to go. We should play up to that standard.
All but 2 of our best 25 players playing? We’ve got 5 on the bench somehow?

The dogs will have their big moments this year but they’re pushing bottom 4 on my ladder.

With that sprinkling of arrogance, I’ll take Sydney by 48.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back