Injury Season Over for Ollie Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe I'm having a senior's moment, but I'm sure I read somewhere during the preseason that Ollie was told to lose 3kg, and it could probably be argued he hasn't been as effective this year as he was in 2013/14. but maybe it's just a coincidence.

That aside the correct decision has been made to get him into surgery early, because even if by some miracle we scrape into the finals we aint going anywhere this season.

Ollie lost 6kg in the pre-season after getting an infection from wisdom teeth extraction. He did aim to get back to 2kg less than his playing weight. His running really improved according to Shaun Hart in an interview.

Big reduction in muscle mass for Ollie this season, injury free. Then two dislocations, co incidence?
If he lost mass over the preseason, it was quite negligible and likely due to the fact he was ill.

Also, His first dislocation was a carpal bone. Absolutely nothing to do with loss of mass, just very unlucky.
From watching the footage his current injury seems to have occurred from copping a fair force with his arm in an awkward position.

I'm glad we've made a call on this without trying to play him injured - best to think of his long term future rather than playing injured for the sake of our slim finals chance.

So is this the part where we add or remove the adamantium from the boy?

Best of luck to him - hope he destroys the competition next year.

Ollie lost 6kg in the pre-season after getting an infection from wisdom teeth extraction. He did aim to get back to 2kg less than his playing weight. His running really improved according to Shaun Hart in an interview.

Funny shaun should say that, if his running has improved, we haven't particularly used it more. His TOG figures are the same as last year, but thats not to say he wasn't running harder this year.

"Wines shouldnt have converted fat into muscle" is on the same level of derp as "We didnt need/we overpaid for Ryder".

If it was fat to muscle, he wouldn't weigh less. He simply lost weight for mine. It's also impossible/very difficult to put on muscle and lose fat at the same time in already highly trained athletes.

If it was fat to muscle, he wouldn't weigh less. He simply lost weight for mine.
He did both. There was an interview where he said he needed to lose fat, but he is still big and his performances haven't dropped off so I'm not sure what the problem is. Pendlebury looked like a first gamer lined up next to Wines a few weeks ago and he is a pretty fair player.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...shoulder-surgery/story-fndv8s6g-1227471501266
Port Adelaide star Ollie Wines will miss rest of AFL season after shoulder surgery
HAMISH “Hammer” Hartlett has offered to fill the massive midfield void left by the season-ending shoulder injury to Port Adelaide star Ollie Wines.

Wines Wednesday night had surgery to repair the left shoulder he dislocated in the first quarter against St Kilda on Sunday and will miss the rest of the season, crippling the Power’s finals hopes.
The 20-year-old midfield bull damaged his shoulder in a collision with David Armitage in the 10th minute of Sunday’s home win and after briefly returning to the field with his shoulder strapped he was subbed out of the game at quarter-time.More..
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...shoulder-surgery/story-fndv8s6g-1227471501266

"Wines shouldnt have converted fat into muscle" is on the same level of derp as "We didnt need/we overpaid for Ryder".
Where has that been said?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny shaun should say that, if his running has improved, we haven't particularly used it more. His TOG figures are the same as last year, but thats not to say he wasn't running harder this year.
Do the TOG figures include the two matches he was injured though? Those figures don't usually make allowances for injuries, so they are likely a bit higher than last year.

Top lel.

Wines turned up to training with his shoulder strapped and was ready to go. Ken was like "wait up guy, did you get clearance from the doctor? " Ollie was like "Well eerrrrr..." doctor is like "no he didnt. ease up turbo, it's a recon for you."

And off he went that day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back