Autopsy Season over

Remove this Banner Ad

All good. I missed you. where were you? by the way do you know anything about crameri's future with the dogs?

Not a single word out of the club I have heard

I have been interstate working so haven't caught up with anyone.

Thought it was pretty obvious

Must be my bad. It sounded like you called the performances of Dahlhaus, Dunkley, Macrae and McLean - three of whom will finish top 5 in the B&F and one of which hasn't played all year - pretty ordinary. It also sounded like you were calling out the disposal of (probably) our second best ball user.

Some perspective. Will miss the 8 by a win and % or %.
Only beaten 3 top 8 teams. One just, one when they couldn't buy a win and one against Essendon when we kicked 4 goals in the last 5 minutes.
We beat the the bottom two teams twice and struggled to win all 4 of these games.
Overall due to form, injury etc. It has been a crap year.
Softer draw next year, hopefully a settled team due to less long term injuries and the fact that opposition teams won't be playing out of their skins against us and we can climb the ladder again.

There has been talk in the past that Crameri will not play for the Dogs, or at least that is what I heard? Is this correct, or just one of those rumours. Can anyone clrify that for me? I always thougth he was good but unlicky with injuries.

Personally I hope he stays. Good half forward and handy for Stringer.

Must be my bad. It sounded like you called the performances of Dahlhaus, Dunkley, Macrae and McLean - three of whom will finish top 5 in the B&F and one of which hasn't played all year - pretty ordinary. It also sounded like you were calling out the disposal of (probably) our second best ball user.
Not performance. Foot skills yes.

I here has been talk in the past that Crameri will not play for the Dogs, or at least that is what I heard? Is this correct, or just one of those rumours. Can anyone clrify that for me? I always thougth he was good but unlicky with injuries.

The year off was a disaster for his form and body. Injuring his hip earlier this year effectively saw him sit out a second season and whilst he was a very good contributor in 2015 the silence on his contract gives me the opinion that he will be going. His contract ends this year there was some talk of him going to Melbourne to follow McCartney.

He's 29 years old, a big body on the forward line but whether or not he can recapture his 2015 form is anyone's guess. I like Stuey, but where does he/could he fit in to the structure going forward?

Not directed at anyone directly but will all the people complaining about last off season and wanting big moves this off season will they be the same people when we gamble and it doesn't work out come and bag the club, this club seems to be in a lose lose position a lot of the time do very little get bagged, go all in get bagged.

The problem is my friend that some folks can't put a positive spin on anything. The negative Nancy's of the forum world I can
assure you have very ordinary real lives too. They use terms like "embarrassed". Hyperbolic words like pathetic, disgusting at the drop of a hat. How the hell can you get embarrassed by a sports team unless you are a player ? We are mere supporters. They are the folks who need a crutch in their life and if the club fails they see themselves as failures, and need to vent about it. Just like supporters of successful clubs assume they know more about football than those of lowly clubs because " what would your mob know about..." It's the whole association thing. So regardless of what we do, you can bet there will be folks out there who just know better, and will be hindsight heroes in 2018 too.

The loss of Graham Lowe, our GM, is probably more significant then we all realise. Chris Maple moved into his role, but Maple's role was never replaced, so we were basically down a coach for the entire year. Maple was meant to provide direct assistance to Beveridge and oversee the other coaches.

The loss of Graham Lowe, our GM is probably more significant then we all realise. Chris Maple moved into his role, but Maple's role was never replaced and so we were basically down a coach for the entire year. Maple was meant to provide direct assistance to Beveridge and oversee the other coaches.

Lowe was responsible for the Macca fiasco and IMO was always going to be let go when the opportunity arose. Just couldn't get rid of Monty, Garlick and Lowe all at once. Only IMO

I wouldn't want to cross PG.

Lowe was responsible for the Macca fiasco and IMO was always going to be let go when the opportunity arose. Just couldn't get rid of Monty, Garlick and Lowe all at once. Only IMO

I wouldn't want to cross PG.

If he was let go, the start of the season wasn't the right time to do it.

If he was let go, the start of the season wasn't the right time to do it.

I don't know if he was sacked, he was pressured to leave or he just found something else to do. I do doubt PG would let the start of a season get in the way of a grudge. Anyways Stevo leaving last year didn't hurt us much.

I don't know if he was sacked, he was pressured to leave or he just found something else to do. I do doubt PG would let the start of a season get in the way of a grudge. Anyways Stevo leaving last year didn't hurt us much.
I seem to remember reading that Lowe has a young family and was finding the job took him away from home too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seem to remember reading that Lowe has a young family and was finding the job took him away from home too much.

Ah the old leaving to 'spend time with family'. All good wish him all the best.

Happy all the players in that stuff up are gone. Interesting that old m8 Monty never kicked on in the AFL either, who needs enemies with assistants like Monty.

He wasn't sacked and don't think he was pressured reading into it. Apparently he worked for a further few months after he announced he was leaving by the article and helped transition Maple into the role. Anyway, whatever the case, it was just bad timing as we couldn't bring in another coach to help Beveridge and the other coaches.

The 1996 season was well documented in the film "Year of the Dog". Loss after loss, Joyce sacked, Wallace appointed coach. At the end of the season he said "Be prepared for the hardest pre season you have ever had." 1997 the dogs rose from 2nd last to making a prelim they should have won. Beveridge should be telling the players now about wasted opportunity and how they need to come back. It all starts with the hardest and longest pre season ever. And hopefully players like Stringer and Libba are leading the charge to make up for this crap.

I think if I was Bevo, I would be telling the players, go and have a really good break, but make sure you come back in good condition because this preseason is going to be hell if you don't.

We have some cash, let's do a really good preseason walk the Kokoda trail or something to get that bond back between the players, it seems to have slipped.

I think if I was Bevo, I would be telling the players, go and have a really good break, but make sure you come back in good condition because this preseason is going to be hell if you don't.

We have some cash, let's do a really good preseason walk the Kokoda trail or something to get that bond back between the players, it seems to have slipped.

And if I was Bevo I would be telling the recruiting staff not to pick anymore players under 180 cms unless they have exceptional pace or goal kicking skills. We got lucky with Caleb but the rest have been just so so. Pocket that one win and play the percentages from now on.

Went to watch them train today.
They trained like the season was over. It was like Mad Monday without the alcohol.
Lots of high fiving and yahooing during the session.
As if the pressure was off, players were in a jovial mood.

Went to watch them train today.
They trained like the season was over. It was like Mad Monday without the alcohol.
Lots of high fiving and yahooing during the session.
As if the pressure was off, players were in a jovial mood.
I'm fine with it. It's been a crap year.

But by god they better be on song next season

I'm fine with it. It's been a crap year.

But by god they better be on song next season
I'm not fine with it. At all.

What do they have to celebrate? Coming ninth? They've pissed away a chance at the flag in one of the most even years in history. They've lost the momentum to really make our club one of the modern day monoliths, the opportunity to mark themselves from great players who won a few against the odds finals to true legends, the start of a dynasty. And they did it primarily because, as a group, they stopped giving a crap. 'One premiership in 62 years is surely enough, you greedy supporters, let us party!'

Everyone keeps on about how 'this year will stick with them and burn, fuel them for next year and drive them back to the top', I'm not so sure. They had all year to sleep that hangover off and didn't, and by the sounds of it they're just gearing up for another. Maybe this group just doesn't have the hunger for another tilt?

I'm not fine with it. At all.

What do they have to celebrate? Coming ninth? They've pissed away a chance at the flag in one of the most even years in history. They've lost the momentum to really make our club one of the modern day monoliths, the opportunity to mark themselves from great players who won a few against the odds finals to true legends, the start of a dynasty. And they did it primarily because, as a group, they stopped giving a crap. 'One premiership in 62 years is surely enough, you greedy supporters, let us party!'

Everyone keeps on about how 'this year will stick with them and burn, fuel them for next year and drive them back to the top', I'm not so sure. They had all year to sleep that hangover off and didn't, and by the sounds of it they're just gearing up for another. Maybe this group just doesn't have the hunger for another tilt?
I'm not sure we can be judging players on a few high fives and laughs at training! They're allowed to have a bit of fun. I agree with what you've said though. Next year will be a make or break year for this group. Do they still have the hunger?

I'm not sure we can be judging players on a few high fives and laughs at training! They're allowed to have a bit of fun. I agree with what you've said though. Next year will be a make or break year for this group. Do they still have the hunger?

Does the club have great drive and expectation? What’s the club going to do about it?
Are we ambitious enough??

These are questions that have to be asked

Looking forward to being able to move at the Social Club Xmas party this year. No more hangers on trying to get 58 items of premiership memorabilia signed :p

In all seriousness though, I actually don't think we played that badly early on, it was only bad kicking in a few close losses that could have set us up for another tilt.
Once we lost several close ones, injuries started to hit - why is a question for another time, and our back 6 was decimated.
Once we dropped the game against the Weagles in Melb, we were done
In the second game against GWS, our back 6 comprised of players where the one with the most experience was just over 20 games....most of these played as a defensive forward in a premiership team!

I think a lot of people forget how important Toyd is to our structure and his loss coupled with Roughy's major setback pre RD 1 was terrible for us. Couple that to Cloke getting Jonesed early on and nothing really went right

I was definately blasé about the games early in the season and losses didn't really bother me. We were the premiers...who cares? I can see how easy it would be for the players to switch off too

Al in all, as long as GWS or Melbourne don't win the flag, I won't be too fussed

Reload and win it every second year. Suits me fine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back