Prediction Season predictions (league wide)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
so, the season is upon us, and whilst there have been a few threads based on what to expect from the players, there's been little in terms of league-wide comparisons.
1. What are your predictions on - finishing position (pre and post finals) inc wins and losses
2. Highest in Brownlow (and votes)
3. Leading goal-kicker
4. All Australians

Realistically, I expect a 15-7 season which will see us finish 4th to 6th, and believe we will make the semi finals

O'Maera to be our highest in the Brownlow, with around 20 votes, top 5 in the league

Rioli to be our only AA. We will also not have anyone with over 60 goals for the year

Don't think we finish top 4 this year unless some of our B and C grade players take the next step (Shiels, Langers, Hartung, Burton, Sicily, Schoey, Vickery, Duryea, Whitecross, JOR, Howe). Can see us dropping games against GWS, Sydney, WB and 3-5 others. 14-16 wins is what I'm expecting.

Mitchell to get around 15-18 Brownlow votes along with Jaeger.

Gunston to win the goal kicking with around 50-55.

Rioli and Mitchell to be AA.

so, the season is upon us, and whilst there have been a few threads based on what to expect from the players, there's been little in terms of league-wide comparisons.
1. What are your predictions on - finishing position (pre and post finals) inc wins and losses
3. Leading goal-kicker
4. All Australians

Realistically, I expect a 15-7 season which will see us finish 4th to 6th, and believe we will make the semi finals

O'Maera to be our highest in the Brownlow, with around 20 votes, top 5 in the league

Rioli to be our only AA. We will also not have anyone with over 60 goals for the year

Every chance Roughie could get AA, or with him and Vickery there Gunston goes up yet another level and boots 65 goals and makes AA.

We'll finish 4th.

Roughead will kick 50 goals. Rioli, Gunston and Vickery to kick 40.

Mitchell will get the most Brownlow votes, but won't be in the top 20 of the AFL.

Melbourne will be crushed by the weight of expectation and finish in no-mans-land.

GWS to choke in Prelim or Grand Final

Internal rift between players will bust out at $wan$ over Tippett's bs contract. They finish 6th.

Geelong will miss the 8

I'll be somewhat bullish for once:

1. Finish 4th regular season but won't win a final. 15-7 season record.

2. Mitchell and Roughie tied on 16 votes each

3. Rough will kick 55-65 goals.

4. Rioli, Mitchell and Burgoyne for AA.

Last edited:
  1. 5th - 8th, closer to 8th than 5th.
  2. JOM, although Titchell has been a vote getter in the past.
  3. Gunston... if the coaches realised he's best used as a forward, not a very-high-half-forward-who-goes-so-high-he's-virtually-playing-as-a-loose-man-in-defense.
  4. Rioli and one of Titchell or JOM. However, if the team underperforms, I'm predicting no one will make the AA.

1. 4th
2. Mitchell most votes (20ish)
3. Gunston most goals as tall defenders will go to vickery and roughy
4. Rioli and Gunston make AA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14 - 8. Finishing position of 7th
Tom Mitchell - 19 votes
3. Leading goal-kicker
Gunston will be our highest goal scorer - 54 goals at end of H&A
4. All Australians
Rioli & Gunston

My 2017 predictions, Bay13 style.

1. Geelong fans to moan and cry over each and every Hawthorn victory... while their own mob narrowly misses the finals.
2. The unfounded optimism of Essendon* to deflate like a soggy baloon in the opening rounds as Goddard's dream of a Premiership ending to his movie dies.
3. Both NSW franchises will help themselves to more success at the direct expense of Victorian clubs with genuine supporters & actual history.
4. Gillon McLaughlin to have a the words "FOR PROFIT" tattooed on his forehead as a cheeky reminder of how the game is being run.
5. Half the teams to feverishly mimmick the Doggies' "duck & chuck" gameplan, with football's spectacle to suffer as a result.
6. Rule changes like 3rd man up & rushed behinds to have no discernible impact on congestion, which will be higher than any season in history.
7. A minimum two of Hinkley, Hardwick, Eade & Buckley will be goneskis before September.
8. The AFL will give us a twilight Grand Final, because money.

My 2017 predictions, Bay13 style.

1. Geelong fans to moan and cry over each and every Hawthorn victory... while their own mob narrowly misses the finals.
2. The unfounded optimism of Essendon* to deflate like a soggy baloon in the opening rounds as Goddard's dream of a Premiership ending to his movie dies.
3. Both NSW franchises will help themselves to more success at the direct expense of Victorian clubs with genuine supporters & actual history.
4. Gillon McLaughlin to have a the words "FOR PROFIT" tattooed on his forehead as a cheeky reminder of how the game is being run.
5. Half the teams to feverishly mimmick the Doggies' "duck & chuck" gameplan, with football's spectacle to suffer as a result.
6. Rule changes like 3rd man up & rushed behinds to have no discernible impact on congestion, which will be higher than any season in history.
7. A minimum two of Hinkley, Hardwick, Eade & Buckley will be goneskis before September.
8. The AFL will give us a twilight Grand Final, because money.

So the truth is Bay13 now?

1. I think we'll finish 7th with a record of around 14-8, we'll win an exciting elimination final against West Coast interstate, but then get knocked out of the finals the week after (fwiw I'd be happy with a year along these lines seeing as it's somewhat of a rebuild year)

2. Tom Mitchell (17 Votes)

3. Luke Breust (around 60 goals)

4. Cyril Rioli & Luke Breust

1. Finish 2nd after H&A, 17-5. At least make the PF from there. The rest is luck with injuries and form.

2. Tom Mitchell, 20+ votes, top 5 finish

3. Jarryd Roughead, ~55 goals, playing significant minutes up the ground

4. AA: Mitchell, Roughead, Rioli

1. 14-16 wins
2. JOM to finish 2nd in the brownlow behind Buddy but be awarded the medal 5 years later after Buddy is disqualified after the Herald Sun uncovers that he was playing illegally after receiving a 3rd strike but it was hushed by the AFL at the time. Buddy portrayed as a hero in the media by all and sundry.
3. Rough, Gunston, Rioli and Breust to all kick 40+
4. AA's... lol? Are flogs like KB and David King still on the panel? If that's the case, $wans by 68pts.

Finish top 15.
Load up of FA, none of which include a ruckman (or will we;)).
Welcomed back in 2018, without being a genuine threat.

Edit: Sorry, thought this was a real thread for realists...

Maybe Top 8 but would suit us just as much to finish low so as to attract good picks.
Load up on 3x FA & trade out another player so as to end with at least 2x 1st Rounders in 2018.

Win more flags - later.

Moving to Pattaya fellow Thai Hawk?

This could be on my bucket list as part of my Euthanasia plan, but that hasn't reached the the "buying the little blue pills" yet.

ps, watch the game on Saturday?

I had no idea where you were, but if you're in the area, come and watch the game here. Hope to see you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back