Seat return email

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes got the same email and did attend the game. Probably just a glitch in IT. No need to freak out.

Yes got the same email and did attend the game. Probably just a glitch in IT. No need to freak out.
No doubt it's just a glitch somewhere.

Depending on where I wonder if we were short changed on the official attendance?

If the stadium isn't recording all barcode scans, the club might be receiving an incomplete list.

Depending on where I wonder if we were short changed on the official attendance?

If the stadium isn't recording all barcode scans, the club might be receiving an incomplete list.

Not sure if it's related, but I was pretty disappointed with the R1 crowd, just under 44k for the first game of the year. Not sure if being GWS without a lot of travelling supporters could've accounted for the extra 4-5k?

Not sure if it's related, but I was pretty disappointed with the R1 crowd, just under 44k for the first game of the year. Not sure if being GWS without a lot of travelling supporters could've accounted for the extra 4-5k?

I don't think it's just travelling supporters ... but expats and/or just traditional fans of the other teams.

Know a bunch of people who support non-SA teams because they've either moved here, supported them before the SA teams existed and didn't jump ship, or have family history reasons (ie, Dad/Mum support the team so they do too). Obviously weighted towards the traditional Vic teams but also a few WA teams.

Teams like the Giants don't have any of that.

I do not know a single Giants supporter.

It shouldn't have an effect, but it was also some of the worst conditions to be at a football match in living memory

I thought it was about par. What did we get for GWS last year? That was a Sat night game though wasn't it? I remember the GWS game the year before got around 44k and that was a day game. Being as hot as it was would have put a few off.

people would rather sit in the freezing rain than the heat for some strange reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually that's interesting. When they were getting ready to reveal the official attendance on the big screen last Sunday, I looked around the ground and said '46000'. When it came up as 43993, I was wondering where the 9000 empty seats were. Concieveably, the attendance might have been short-changed by one or two thousand. Turnstile glitch due to heat?

Actually that's interesting. When they were getting ready to reveal the official attendance on the big screen last Sunday, I looked around the ground and said '46000'. When it came up as 43993, I was wondering where the 9000 empty seats were. Concieveably, the attendance might have been short-changed by one or two thousand. Turnstile glitch due to heat?
If you look in Johnny Riverbank , when the far corners aren't full its usually light on. I know its a great crowd when those seats are full. The GWS match there were plenty empty so the crowd figure didn't surprise me

I do not know a single Giants supporter.
I went to The Footy Show at the Entertainment Centre when it came to Adelaide in 2014. The MC was revving up the audience and getting us to cheer in preparation for broadcast, playing each team song in succession to see who supported who. It was about 55% Crows, 35% Power, 10% other teams - I'd say Hawthorn, Carlton, Collingwood and Sydney were the most popular of the rest. When the MC played the Giants song, one solitary bloke got up and cheered. 'There IS one!' the MC quipped, and we all laughed and applauded the Giants guy.

I still we get our pitch forks and burn the club down to the ground. It is the only responsible approach for this carefully executed mistake.

What a great way to advertise your return your ticket by stuffing up and then apologising for it. Marvellous marketing right there. I am going to forward this one on to my marketing team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back