Discussion Seattle Kraken (new NHL franchise)

Remove this Banner Ad

a1bf357b750f3fa04b7983e5c3620607.jpg

The Krakens first superfan. This guy knows how to logo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hmmm. I read the dark part of the S as the tentacle coming out of the ocean, and I think that's how it's intended, so this tattoo sort of cuts it in half.

Hmmm. I read the dark part of the S as the tentacle coming out of the ocean, and I think that's how it's intended, so this tattoo sort of cuts it in half.

Don’t forget the little birdy in the upper part of the S with its red wing

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kraken is a bit of an unusual name, reminds me of Raptors in the 90s. I'm sure it'll bed in fine though.

They've absolutely knocked the visual branding out of the park though. Wow! Both logos are absolutely brilliant, and I love the jersey. They got some of the best designers in the business on board and boy oh boy did it pay off.
Exactly, I like the name and branding personally. It’s just like the Toronto Raptors in the 90s when the name and logos were announced and people were a bit Weird about the name but the Kraken will soon become normal

I know they are only mock-ups of stock standard template merchandise, and I am not necessarily going to support them, but damn I am considering buying some of it.

View attachment 919315View attachment 919320
Every now and then, a team rolls around that completely grabs me. This is one of those times.

I love every part of this, the logo, the colour scheme, the marketing. Now I just need to learn how ice hockey works.

Have been to a few Australian ice hockey games, it's a really fun sport, so I'm excited to support the Kraken. I have family that live near Portland, and I already support the Seahawks, so it's actually considered my "local" team in a roundabout way!

Yeah, certainly agree with rabbitoh21. I only started following the NHL at the beginning of 2019. Played the NHL games and it made a lot of sense. Great to learn the rules and how the positions work. Lines and defensive duos also power play special teams. Plus, its not four quarters, only three periods.

If you do play the NHL games, Franchise Mode, Expansion Franchise is a great deal of fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, I like the name and branding personally. It’s just like the Toronto Raptors in the 90s when the name and logos were announced and people were a bit Weird about the name but the Kraken will soon become normal
Couldn't agree more. Love the Raptors and love Kraken.
There should be more mythological monster mascots getting around but maybe they're not well known enough (and some are a bit of a mouthful to pronounce).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back