Teams Seattle Seahawks - The 12th Man

Remove this Banner Ad

Cut the squad to 53 today:

Terminated the veteran contracts of: CB Will Blackmon, TE Anthony McCoy.

Waived: LB Tyrell Adams, TE RaShaun Allen, QB R.J. Archer, DE Obum Gwacham, S Keenan Lambert, S Ronald Martin Jr., DT T.Y. McGill, CB Douglas McNeil III, OL KeaVon Milton, S Ryan Murphy, OL Will Pericak, LB Eric Pinkins, OL Terry Poole, LB Alex Singleton, WR Kevin Smith, RB Rod Smith, DE Julius Warmsley, WR Kasen Williams.

Placed on Injured Reserve: CB Mohammed Seisay, RB Robert Turbin

Placed on Reserve/Non-Football Illness: DT Jesse Williams

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/09/05/seahawks-set-53-man-roster-trade-safety-kelcie-mccray

Whats happening with chancellor. He is going to miss week one, who will budge first?

The front office won't budge. On one hand I'd like them to as he is my favourite Seahawk player. On the other hand, if they were to budge it would set a dangerous precedent with others who feel they are underpaid and Bennett always banging on about wanting more money.

Kam finally speaks:

Seahawks holdout safety Kam Chancellor says the Seahawks could have him at practice tomorrow if they’d just meet him halfway on his contract request.

Chancellor told NFL Network that he’s not asking for much, and the Seahawks should meet him halfway.

“This deal could have been over with,” Chancellor said.

Chancellor says that all he’s not asking for more money, he’s just asking for some of his $6.8 million 2017 salary to be pushed into 2016. Of course, that actually is asking for more money: With inflation a dollar in 2016 is worth more than a dollar in 2017. And when the Seahawks signed Chancellor through 2017, they did so planning for the annual rise in the NFL salary cap. They can’t just give in to every player who wants money pushed forward in his contract, or else they won’t be able to fit under the salary cap in 2016.

The Seahawks are also concerned that if they give in to Chancellor, every other player will threaten to hold out unless they get advanced some of their future salary. The Seahawks have given in to players in the past, but eventually they figure they have to hold the line. And that’s what they’re doing with Chancellor, whose holdout may not end any tie soon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...im-not-asking-for-much-seahawks-should-do-it/

Must say I don't have a lot of sympathy for Kam....

The Michael news is a little surprising given we have let Turbin go as well, but I'm not too disappointed to see the back of him. An incredibly dumb football player.

I feel a little sorry for McCoy - back from consecutive ACLs and then cut (although with the Graham acquisition and Willson's emergence last season it was always on the cards).

Seahawks done negotiating with Kam Chancellor, per reports

The Seahawks are done negotiating with Kam Chancellor, according to two reports, and will not go any higher than what's been offered to this point.

SportsRadioKJR's Dave Softy Mahler reported this morning that a "Team source told me yesterday Hawks are not negotiating with Kam. Sounds like final offer, whatever it is, is on table."

ESPN's Ed Werder said the same thing on the NFL Insiders Radio show on Wednesday, and even noted that Paul Allen has gotten involved, a relative rarity for team operations.

Werder (starts at 7:30 mark) reports that according to a team source, "This has gotten to the point where I was told today by a Seahawks team source that Paul Allen, the owner, has declared there will be no more contract negotiations with Kam Chancellor to try to resolve this."

Paul Allen likes the hands-off approach. If that story is true it says just how frustrated the FO is.

I don't think he will be back :( someone will have to pay big though due to the cap hit.

Its a bit worrying.

I think we often underestimate the value of Chancellor but he really sets the tone for the defense. I am very surprised at the hold out in truth.
It's a garbage holdout. He's getting paid top money at his position - he has the fourth highest cap hit of anyone in the league at his position. And he's only a year into the deal. It's frustrating as hell because he really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

It's a garbage holdout. He's getting paid top money at his position - he has the fourth highest cap hit of anyone in the league at his position. And he's only a year into the deal. It's frustrating as hell because he really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Nail. Hammer etc.

It has soured my view of him (at least in the short-medium term).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Seahawks and holdout SS Kam Chancellor are only $900,000 apart in contract talks.

In real-world money, that's obviously a huge gap, but that's couch-cushion change in the NFL. Chancellor reportedly simply wants his 2016 salary bumped up with some guaranteed money kicked into it; he has no issues with his 2015 pay. The Seahawks aren't budging, but things can change quickly and likely will.

Source: NFL Media

Bevell offers very little.........but I hope we learn from the loss how far behind we are. Full credit to Rams, they were the better team but if we did actually win, it would have masked the problems we have

Bevell has always offered nothing...........it is amazing how he still has a job to be honest

Wilson and Marshawn make him look good. Occasional inspired bits of play are heralded as genius and so he escapes criticism.

New season. Same s**t. Why do we always start slow then make some miraculous comeback? We should have been targeting Jimmy earlier instead of waiting until the last quarter. Lockett is amazing. The o-line is piss poor. If Russell was playing behind a half decent offensive line and we win that easy.

That showed us just how much we missed Kam and need him out there. One of the 2 parties needs to back down.

Bevell is a s**t campaigner.

I didn't expect us to win today but 0-2 team and looking like one too. We have lost that winning edge and we better find it quick.

Bring Kam back ASAP, Bevell is useless but you would have thought you would use Graham at SOME point. I am really worried that we better get used to losing because it will happen regularly. Only upside is we are back at home and if we don't come out firing, we are in huge trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back