Teams Seattle Seahawks - The 12th Man

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Great result yesterday - best the Vikings will be a huge step. We did what we needed to against a 2 win team, something the Packers didnt do. Destiny is in our hands so it is up to us to deliver
Yeah Rogers and Newton shitting the bed recently has really helped our cause.

We have been building nicely into the season and now a really dangerous team. Not many would want to play us come the playoffs.

Win against the vikings this weekend and wildcard spot is basically wrapped up.

Let out a groan when I saw Fluker being carried off, hopefully Simmons can step up over the next 2-3 weeks until DJ is back.

Kendricks coming back for this game is huge. With his blitz rush potential, and Bobby just being a tackling beast, I can see the Vikings being kept to under 20 points, even with Kirk Cousins.
With the way the offence is coming together, Hawks should be able to put on 30+ points against this defence.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
again, sounds like its all about protecting the perception of rodgers, kissing his dick, and how he does have great pull behibd the scenes.

-----------

Joe Philbin: Firing Winston Moss was about more than his tweet
Posted by Mike Florio on December 5, 2018, 1:59 PM EST

On Tuesday, long-time Packers assistant coach Winston Moss took to social media to offer criticism of the team. And the team fired him later that day.

On Wednesday, interim coach Joe Philbin explained that the firing didn’t flow exclusively from the tweet.

It’s never about one thing,” Philbin said, via ESPN.com. “Again, I think it’s important, as I said to the team, we’ve got to be professional, accountable, respectful, and punctual. Those are the four things that we’ve got to do the next four weeks. And if we do all those things, we’ll be in good shape. It wasn’t about — again, you’re talking to a guy who’s never tweeted in his life, doesn’t even know what Twitter is — so again, it’s not about a tweet or anything like that. I just think the fit right now isn’t where it needs to be. . . .

“I think it’s important obviously that everybody’s on the same page, that we’re all moving forward in the same direction. As you know, Winston’s an excellent football coach. I’ve known him a long time. Respect him; outstanding family man. So it wasn’t an easy decision, but I just didn’t feel like the fit right now was where it needs to be.”

The right fit had been there for the past 13 years, with Moss arriving in 2006 with McCarthy and Moss not being fired at any point before then. But the tweet from Moss may have reflected the final straw for him, becoming in turn the final turn for them.

Indeed, Moss had the title of assistant head coach since 2007. But Philbin, not Moss, became the interim head coach — despite the struggles of the offense Philbin coordinates. And Philbin, not Moss, was getting the chance, slim as it may be, to coach his way into the permanent job.

It’s entirely possible that Moss simply didn’t believe Philbin was the answer, and/or that Moss fears the coaching search will turn on factors unrelated to the message articulated in his tweet: “What championship teams have are great leadership! Period! It’s not the offensive guru trend, it’s not the safe trend. Find somebody that is going to hold #12 and everybody in this building to a #LombardiStandard! Period!”

Moss may sense, and possibly may know, that the coaching search will focus on finding someone who will be compatible with (and perhaps deferential to) #12, quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Moss seems to think that it will be more important to find someone who will hold Rodgers accountable.

And Moss possibly wanted the chance to be that guy, and he possibly wasn’t happy he didn’t get it. So he said what he said, believed what he said, and now will move on. Possibly joining McCarthy in whatever his next stop will be.

Worst offensive game for a while. Defence saved us but it's disappointing to not get the shutout.

B Wags was sensational but I still can't work out why they picked up the flag on the blocked FG.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Worst offensive game for a while. Defence saved us but it's disappointing to not get the shutout.

B Wags was sensational but I still can't work out why they picked up the flag on the blocked FG.
Probably because they thought he pushed off his team mates to leap over. On replay it looks like he hardly touched them.

I bought tickets to the NFC Division game at LA last night, as I will be in LA that weekend (praying it doesn't go **** up, and the Rams somehow lose the week off).

Genuine chance that the Seahawks could be playing there. Would be amazing.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I bought tickets to the NFC Division game at LA last night, as I will be in LA that weekend (praying it doesn't go **** up, and the Rams somehow lose the week off).

Genuine chance that the Seahawks could be playing there. Would be amazing.
good luck, man, and enjoy, be sure to take photos and share here.

Had a bad feeling about this as soon as SeaBass missed that conversion.

Simmons going down was big. Pocic gave up 3 or so massive holding penalties after that happened. Including the catch to Mckissic that got brought back. No holding call there and its a hawk win.

Big positive from this game is that Big Bad Doug is back. Need him to be fully fit and firing if any chance to go deep in playoffs.
Fluker coming bad is essential. OL and Ifedi suffering without his presence.

This loss might be a benefit, like hitting a reset button on the team and not letting everyone get ahead of themselves.

Flagged this game as a dangerous one early on. More confident against the chiefs at the clink.
Team had an off day. Wet, miserable and about 150+ yards in penalties. Good to get this sort of game out of the way now, and work on the issues to make sure it doesnt happen again.

No issue with the penalties, they were correct.
Hawks OL shouldn't have given away so many crucial holding calls.

Just shows how important Fluker is, and how good a job Simmons did stepping in at short notice.

Like I said, the result may be a blessing in disguise.
Gives Ken Norton Jr something to work out of the system in time for the playoffs.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
A11dAtP0w3R the better team won.
Agree - Bears were much better. With a weak QB bunch in next years draft you might have to go with the floundering Rogers for another year.

Things could be worse - at least Rogers will retire with 1 super bowl ring. Going to be 1 more than Cam will get. When your scared of contact you don’t win when it counts.

Back