Teams Seattle Seahawks - The 12th Man

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe we lost to that shower of s**t. Disgraceful on both sides of the ball.

We need to prioritise a kicker in the offseason. Seabass hasn't been good and I have never felt confident on any of his kicks this season.

That was garbage but I am glad we lost in the end - because a win would have covered up that rubbish they dished out.

Penalties.........pathetic. It has been problem for years and is so self inflicted. Argh...........

Seabass - missing the PAT was costly. Draft a kicker - they took a gamble on Dickson and it worked. Do the same because Seabass hasn't been great and I don't trust him to win a game for us.

Shame that Carson and Doug's good games were overshadowed.

IF they happen to upset KC, then that lost can be forgotten but relying on beating the Cardinals to make the playoffs is scary.

So for the Rams playoff game I'm going to, for it to be against Seattle the following has to happen...

Week 17
* LA Rams defeat San Francisco
* Seattle defeat Arizona

Wildcard Round
* Minnesota/Philadelphia defeat Chicago
* Seattle defeat Dallas

Achievable!

One of the best performances of the season. Russell with some huge plays but just as much credit has to be given to Doug and Locket coming up with some huge catches. Defence had one of their better games for a while too with King having a stellar game against Kelce.

Let's smash Arizona next week and go into the Wildcard round on a high with momentum.

A good result against a good team - Doug and Lockett made great plays, Carson had a solid game. Still a lot of Improvement in this team. Lucky that PAT miss didn't cost us - we need a new kicker in the offseason

So for the Rams playoff game I'm going to, for it to be against Seattle the following has to happen...

Week 17
* LA Rams defeat San Francisco
* Seattle defeat Arizona

Wildcard Round
* Minnesota/Philadelphia defeat Chicago
* Seattle defeat Dallas

Achievable!

Philly could certainly beat the Bears... dunno if I could see the Vikings doing it.

Seahawks @ Cowboys will be a good game.

Philly could certainly beat the Bears... dunno if I could see the Vikings doing it.

Seahawks @ Cowboys will be a good game.
Minnesota hasn't beaten not a single team of merit this season.
Plus, Cousins often crumbles in big moments.
If all that's stopping the Eagles making the playoffs is the Vikings winning or losing next weekend, then yeah, the St Nick magic wont be denied a playoff berth.

Seahawks signed head coach Pete Carroll to a contract extension through 2021.

Carroll has been Seattle's head coach since 2010. He turns 70 before the end of this deal, so it's not unreasonable to think this could be Carroll's final head-coaching contract. The Seahawks have made the playoffs in 7-of-9 years on Carroll's watch, including consecutive Super Bowl berths in 2013 and 2014. They will enter this year's playoffs as one of the NFL's hottest and most-dangerous teams despite losing out to the Rams for the NFC West crown.

Minnesota hasn't beaten not a single team of merit this season.
Plus, Cousins often crumbles in big moments.
If all that's stopping the Eagles making the playoffs is the Vikings winning or losing next weekend, then yeah, the St Nick magic wont be denied a playoff berth.

Unless the Bears take it easy this week so they get to host a weaker Vikings team in the wildcard round... over a surging defending champion.

I know that's unlikely but I would rather play the Vikings in a playoff game.

Unless the Bears take it easy this week so they get to host a weaker Vikings team in the wildcard round... over a surging defending champion.

I know that's unlikely but I would rather play the Vikings in a playoff game.
Bears have a reason to try to win....2nd seed and a bye week, if they win and Rams lose.
At the very least....if they notice the Rams winning big, they could ease off, rest players, mid-game, and the Vikings could then win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at that game.
Looked like a contest to see who could give up more sacks.

Was hoping for a hard fought game instead of a blowout so that the team can keep up its intensity leading into the playoffs and not take anything for granted.

Despite all the naysayers before the season started, we all knew this team was better than public perception.
1st year and 2nd year rooks, led by a few vets in Russ, Doug and Bobby. They are only going to get better and will have stability with Pete there for at least the next 4 seasons barring any massive implosion.

Will just leave this quote here from the preseason. Picked the 10-6 finish and the Carson running game ;)

That first drive gave me hope for the season.
Chris Carson looks the goods, and if he stays fit, we may actually have a running game this year. That's enough to get me excited.

Early days for the rooks, but they are showing some early promise. Green is raw but showed a lot of potential in that game. Only hearing good things about Dissly. And the feel good story of Shaquem rolls on, the man has some closing speed.

It's all about Michael Dickson though. He'll push out Ryan to be the no.1 punter and win 1-2 extra games just from punt fumbles.

Only drawback is it looks like injuries going to force Carroll to use Ifedi as starter which means half a dozen extra flags a game.

Going for a 10-6 season prediction.

Still not great form in the division - we should have beat the Rams twice but losing to the Winers and were lucky twice against the Cards, it us a worry.

Dallas should win but making the playoffs is still a good result

Still not great form in the division - we should have beat the Rams twice but losing to the Winers and were lucky twice against the Cards, it us a worry.

cardinals always do well at the clink.

better to have a tough game this week than an easy one heading into the playoffs.

the guys wont take anything for granted now after that scare.

Dallas is not that good. Happy to be playing them - it’s a 50/50 game.

I would have preferred a better performance heading into the playoffs than that crap but in the end, it didn't matter. Let's hope to god Fluker and Sweezy are back next week or for the Rams if we win.

I would have preferred a better performance heading into the playoffs than that crap but in the end, it didn't matter. Let's hope to god Fluker and Sweezy are back next week or for the Rams if we win.
Saints is our most likely opponant if we win. We only get the Rams if the Eagles beat the Bears.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but if you havent seen this series, it's a must watch for any hawks fan.

People take it for granted the past few years, but its good to be reminded how much Pete Carroll and John Schneider turned around this franchise.
LOB was formed from a bunch of untested rooks, and unknowns.
Pete going against the grain and giving Russ the start as a third-round draft pick when they just signed Matt Flynn to a 3 year 21 mil contract takes balls.
You can see he really is a player's coach, and has the resolve to make the hard decisions.
Deserves every success that comes his way.

He isn't holding back. I think Schotty has been pretty good this season but there have been too many games where conservative and stupid play calling have cost us or nearly cost us. Great thread to read but it is something we have been complaining about for multiple seasons now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back