Teams Seattle Seahawks - The 12th Man

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on shakeout of our seeding as well, but:

- If 3 seed (SEA LOSS OR GB+NO+SEA WIN) then winner of Rams-Cards
- If 2 seed (GB LOSS+SEA WIN) EITHER CHI (Rams win Wk17) or ARI (Rams lose Wk17)
- If 2 seed (NO LOSS+SEA WIN) EITHER CHI (Rams win Wk17) or LAR (Rams lose Wk17)
- 1 seed alive with GB LOSS + NO LOSS + SEA WIN

It’s most likely divisional. Would love a GB loss - if we win the Wild Card and GB win it’s then GB@SEA.
Thanks - so Rams or Cards the most likely. Hard to see either GB or NO losing.

Stranger things have happened. You would have said the same thing about us against the Giants or the Rams against the Jets.
Bears will throw everything at the Packers and they’ve been lighting up on offense. Don’t think that’s going to be easy.

We didn't half make hard work of that. I am really worried about our offence heading into the playoffs. On paper they should be performing a lot better than they have been.
Did see a comment that we have been playing top top Ds the last few weeks.

Get through the Rams again and I think we get to the NFCCG. Frustratingly I don’t see either TB or WFT knocking off GB if we do so that means heading to Lambeau if we beat the Saints at the Superdome.

Regret that Giants loss now big time. Win that and we have the 2 seed and are taking on the Bears.

It's funny, that first game against the Rams this year was when Russ lost form and never recovered from there.

No idea what's happened but that form loss has come out of absolutely nowhere. Couldn't have imagined anything of this magnitude. Hope he's been carrying an injury or something and there is a genuine excuse for it cause otherwise there are some significant concerns heading into next season.

That was as disgraceful of a performance from the offence that I think I have ever seen- at least since we have had Russ. We knew that Donald was going to cause problems but the o-line turned to water so many times. Add to that all the ridiculous holding and false start penalties and they were the makers of their own destruction. The play calling left a lot to be desired as well. The pick 6 came from trying to appease DK who was having a massive ******* sook like the child he is.

Then you have the defence. They were s**t. I am sorry, but you have Goff who isn't that good of a QB in the first place with a ****ed thumb and you give up 23 points. That is nothing short of disgraceful. Everyone knew that they were going to run since Goff is ****ed and yet they still couldn't stop them on the ground. Some of the attempted tackles were pathetic.

What a wasted campaigner of a season. Please get in a new DC and OC for next season like we have been asking for for years.

Couldn't say it better myself gaskin.

Where do you start?
* Offence: I have run out of words. Play calling is bad (we need a new OC), our O line is atrocious and has been for years (and probably won't be fixed either), but Wilson? I don't know what has happened to him but he has lost his way. Even with all the problems, he fought and could make plays. Now he almost gave up yesterday. Serious questions have to be asked - was he fed up with the calls, was he injured? And don't start me on the penalities. Little things cost you.
* Defence: I know they have improved but how can you allow Goff to do that with a busted hand? Please fire Ken Norton Jnr and get a DC like Quinn where the players want to bleed for him (look at Saleh and the 49ers - it isn't just the plays, it is the motivation).
* Special Teams: At least the kicker and punter performed all year. It would be nice if Dickson wasn't punting so often.

What a waste of a 12 win season and yet that total did flatter us in the end. I have no confidence changes will be made in the offseason so it will be the same result, but I don't think we will be a playoff team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s got to be play calling and Schott the major problem, i can remember a game early in the season Russes headset wasnt working and made his own calls and went down the field a breeze and looked so good. I can forgive the D and probably go ok with Ken for next season but if we are stuck with the same offensive coach, they have to do some magic in the offseason and not trot out with this seasons s**t they served up.

Seahawks signed QB Danny Etling, QB Alex McGough, WR Penny Hart, WR Aaron Fuller, WR Cody Thompson, TE Tyler Mabry, OT Tommy Champion, C Brad Lundblade, DB Gavin Heslop, DB Jordan Miller, and DT Cedrick Lattimore to reserve/future contracts.
All 11 players finished the year on Seattle's practice squad. Outside of declining to extend an offer to WR John Ursua, the Seahawks were not able to re-sign Alex Collins since he was a veteran exception.
SOURCE: Brady Henderson on Twitter
Jan 11, 2021, 5:51 PM ET

Seahawks signed GM John Schneider to a five-year extension through 2027.
The extension takes Schneider through the 2027 draft. It is likely a reaction to the Lions seeking permission to interview Pete Carroll's longtime personnel boss. It is an interesting time for a new contract, as the Seahawks' roster isn't exactly in great shape despite this year's 12-4 campaign. This is the lowest they have been on defensive talent during Schneider's tenure, while the offensive line fell apart in the Wild Card Round. Working in tandem, Schneider and Carroll have botched their first selection, whether it is Round 1 or 2, over and over again. Their extremely aggressive pursuit of Jamal Adams left them without first-round picks in 2021 and 2022. You almost never see that level of draft capital thrown at a safety. Schneider and Carroll, of course, have also come away with lots of brilliant Day 2 and 3 hits, most recently DK Metcalf. They still have to stop relying on Russell Wilson for everything and fill out a stronger overall roster.
Jan 12, 2021, 1:45 PM ET

Seahawks hired Rams passing-game coordinator Shane Waldron to be their offensive coordinator.
Waldron is a no-name hire, but he's worked under both Bill Belichick and Sean McVay. He was the Rams' passing-game coordinator for three seasons after being promoted from tight ends coach. He's orchestrated a successful passing offense despite working around Jared Goff during that span, but it's unclear how much say he had with McVay running the show. The Seahawks have made it clear that they want to take a more balanced approach on offense next season, and it's a bonus that they get to pluck another coach away from their division rival. Coach Pete Carroll has been frustrated at how his offense has done against two-high defenses, something the Rams ran on defense last year. It's worth noting that Waldron has never called plays at any level.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jan 26, 2021, 11:27 PM ET

Anyone but Gase has been the prevailing opinion of most Seahawks fans that I have seen and it is someone that is not Gase so I'm happy. I know nothing about him but the word coming out of the Rams is that it is a big loss for them and he should be great with Russ.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "a couple of teams have called Seattle to inquire" about Russell Wilson's availability, but that there is "no chance" of a deal taking place.
Wilson rumors percolate from time to time, but they never go anywhere. That is life for a superstar quarterback in a run-first organization. No one is happy about how things went on offense for the Seahawks in 2020, but coach Pete Carroll has finally made a commitment to modernize his offense by plucking ex-Rams passing-game coordinator Shane Waldron away from Sean McVay's staff to call plays.
SOURCE: NFL.com
Feb 7, 2021, 2:34 PM ET

I call bullshit. The o-line this season was (for the most part) the best it has been in years. The problem is Russell holding the ball too long and getting cleaned up instead of throwing it away.

I call bullshit. The o-line this season was (for the most part) the best it has been in years. The problem is Russell holding the ball too long and getting cleaned up instead of throwing it away.
Speaking in a Tuesday video conference, Russell Wilson said "I'm frustrated with getting hit too much."
SOURCE: Brady Henderson on Twitter
Feb 9, 2021, 2:21 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back