Teams Seattle Seahawks - The 12th Man

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking in a Tuesday video conference, Russell Wilson said "I'm frustrated with getting hit too much."
SOURCE: Brady Henderson on Twitter
Feb 9, 2021, 2:21 PM ET
Russell Wilson said he wants to play for the Seahawks "forever."
A couple teams have reportedly inquired about Wilson's availability following the Seattle offense's late-season collapse. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said there is "no chance" the Seahawks would deal away their franchise player. "I'm not sure if I'm available or not," Wilson said Tuesday in response to a question about teams checking on his availability. "That's a Seahawks question." These sort of rumors will persist for as long as Pete Carroll insists on having a run-first offense -- a philosophy on which Carroll doubled down in that aftermath of the team's offensive slump that ended with a demoralizing playoff loss to the Rams. A team would likely have to offer a never-before-seen trove of draft picks to acquire the 32-year-old Wilson.
SOURCE: Andrew Perloff on Twitter
Feb 9, 2021, 11:54 AM ET

"I've been sacked almost 400 times," Wilson said. "So we've got to get better. I've got to find ways to get better too." The "I'm frustrated with getting hit too much" response came when Wilson asked if he was "frustrated with the Seahawks." This isn't the first time Wilson has dabbled in public criticism of the franchise, but it is the most severe and direct. Wilson's words come the same day he told Dan Patrick "that's a Seahawks question" when asked if he was on the trade block. By every indication, teams have contacted the Seahawks about Wilson and they've said "no way." Wilson has not requested a trade. Wilson should be back with the only team he's ever known in 2021, but he is finally boiling over about the team's decade-long underinvestment in its offensive line. Naturally, the Seahawks lack a first-round pick following the acquisition of Jamal Adams last summer.

SOURCE: Brady Henderson on Twitter
Feb 9, 2021, 2:21 PM ET

He can be frustrated as much as he wants. He is a decent portion of the problem.

The 400 sacks is a bit misleading, too. If they took out the amount of times he went to run the ball and was stopped before the line of scrimage, that number would go down a bit.

He can be frustrated as much as he wants. He is a decent portion of the problem.

The 400 sacks is a bit misleading, too. If they took out the amount of times he went to run the ball and was stopped before the line of scrimage, that number would go down a bit.

A QB running with the ball caught behind the line of scrimmage is not recorded as a sack...if anything his elusiveness probably understates the true number of sacks he would have taken if he was of less ability in keeping a play alive.

He just wants to cook

I think he's making excuses/reasons (legitimate excuse all the same ) for his poor play in the second half of last season.

The oline was no different to any other year he's been there. Russ just doesn't want to admit he's not the player he was. He was making horrible decisions and panicking, a lot of his sacks that I saw were on him, holding the ball too long a lot of the time last year, looking for the big play to Metcalf or Lockett deep.

I think he's making excuses/reasons (legitimate excuse all the same ) for his poor play in the second half of last season.

The oline was no different to any other year he's been there. Russ just doesn't want to admit he's not the player he was. He was making horrible decisions and panicking, a lot of his sacks that I saw were on him, holding the ball too long a lot of the time last year, looking for the big play to Metcalf or Lockett deep.
All those scramble for 100 yards behind the LOS qbs are guilty of that, thats their MO, holding onto the ball too long looking for the splash highlight reel play. Will say Carroll is also to blame for deciding a new strategy of Wilson cooking. Exasperated the problem.

He's only speaking out now coz he can't elude people like he once did. Never heard boo about this before from him.

He has spoken about it in the past

The oline was no different to any other year he's been there.

The first half of the season when he was on, the o-line were fantastic. The best it has been in years. Then we started to get injuries along the line and defences were able to get to him and his output dropped.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero said teams have continued to call the Seahakws about Russell Wilson's availability.
Pelissero reiterated that teams calling about Wilson haven't received any indication that Seattle is "in any way inclined to trade their start quarterback." The calls about Wilson have persisted, Pelissero said, largely because his recent media tour in which he has expressed displeasure about taking too many hits and about the direction of the Seahawks offense. Wilson is under contract with the Seahawks for another three seasons and has a no-trade clause in his contract, meaning -- like Deshaun Watson -- Wilson could choose where he would be traded if the Seahawks are eventually willing to part ways. Barring a stunning about face by the Seahawks, Wilson, 32, will be the team's starter in 2021.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Feb 11, 2021, 3:13 PM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Displeasure about the direction of the offence? I highly doubt that considering they literally went out and got the guy Russ wanted to be the new OC. I'd be more inclined to believe it if they didn't fire Schotty.

He has spoken about it in the past

The first half of the season when he was on, the o-line were fantastic. The best it has been in years. Then we started to get injuries along the line and defences were able to get to him and his output dropped.

Saw a stat last night that said Wilson had 2.8 seconds to throw the ball this year on average. 5th best in the entire NFL. Meaning receivers aren't getting open or as I think, he just held it too long trying to make big plays happen too often.

Throwing the oline under the bus like he has seems completely out of line.

Last edited:
Saw a stat last night that said Wilson had 2.8 seconds to throw the ball this year on average. 5th best in the entire NFL. Meaning receivers aren't getting open or as I think, he just held it too long trying to make big plays happen too often.

Throwing the oline under the bus seems like he has seems completely out of line.
I do think Wilson has a bit of an ego issue, like wanting the sb mvp award, and now trying to deflect blame on OL

I do think Wilson has a bit of an ego issue, like wanting the sb mvp award, and now trying to deflect blame on OL

He was never getting the Superbowl MVP in the one we won. Our defence were just way too dominant in that game. He would have won it if he didn't * up the following year against the Patriots, though.

He was never getting the Superbowl MVP in the one we won. Our defence were just way too dominant in that game. He would have won it if he didn't fu** up the following year against the Patriots, though.
Thats the one im referring to, why they tried passing for a td instead of pounding lynch in, trying to get him the mvp

Seahawks OL Mike Iupati announced his retirement.
“My body was telling me it was time to close the door,” Iupati told Peter Harriman of The Spokesman-Review. A four-time Pro Bowl player, Iupati spent his first five seasons in the NFL with the 49ers, finalizing his 11-year career with the Seahawks from 2019 on. He appeared in 140 regular-season games including 11 postseason contests. He most recently missed several games late into last year when a significant neck injury cropped up, ultimately deciding that at age 33 his NFL career had come full circle. He walks away with $50.75 million in career earnings.
SOURCE: The Spokesman-Review
Feb 22, 2021, 1:15 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back