Teams Seattle Seahawks - The 12th Man

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
FOX's Jay Glazer "one million percent" expects Russell Wilson to seek a trade again in the offseason.
Glazer's exact quote on FOX's Thursday night pre-game show was "a million percent I see Russell trying to do this again. Glazer has seemed extremely plugged into this situation all along, and again confirmed Thursday that things were "very dicey" between the sides last season, if a little better now. Ex-teammate Greg Olsen also openly speculated Wilson could try to force his way out again after 2021. It would seem Wilson is letting it be known he still isn't satisfied with a Seahawks offense that plays conservatively for three quarters before thrusting the game on his shoulders in the fourth. It would seem Wilson and coach Pete Carroll have simply been together too long at this point. Stay tuned.
Oct 7, 2021, 8:22 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seahawks’ defense on pace to give up most yards in a season in NFL history

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 8, 2021, 5:21 AM EDT

The Seahawks’ defense isn’t stopping anyone this season, and is on pace to break an NFL record no team would want to break.

Seattle already ranked dead last in the NFL in total yards allowed heading into Thursday night’s loss to the Rams, then gave up 476 total yards to Los Angeles. Now the Seahawks have given up a total of 2,254 yards through five games.

That’s an average of 451 yards a game, and puts the Seahawks on pace to give up 7,664 yards in a 17-game season. That would be the most in NFL history.

The current record for the most yards allowed in a season is 7,042, set by the Saints in 2012. That Saints team gave up 440 yards a game over a 16-game season, so the Seahawks are actually allowing more yards per game than the record-setting team and aren’t only on pace to break the record because the season is now 17 games long.

The Seahawks are 2-3 and in last place in the NFC West. With Russell Wilson‘s finger injury perhaps affecting their offense going forward, Seattle’s defense needs to get things fixed in a hurry.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Btw....I can't stand Russell Wilson. Was reading just now on PFT how Wilson wanted out of Seattle last off season because the org is holding him back from being "legendary" and "iconic".

And just today he posted a picture of himself post-surgery in a wheelchair with sunglasses on and the heading LION HEARTED. Wtf dude, you had finger surgery. Sheesh.

Ego on that guy is loopy.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Btw....I can't stand Russell Wilson. Was reading just now on PFT how Wilson wanted out of Seattle last off season because the org is holding him back from being "legendary" and "iconic".

And just today he posted a picture of himself post-surgery in a wheelchair with sunglasses on and the heading LION HEARTED. Wtf dude, you had finger surgery. Sheesh.

Fastest to 100 wins. The kid goes alright.

6 weeks out hurts. That’s the season that was already hanging by a thread.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Putrid. gone from the Legion of Boom to the Legion of Poo.
Really thought we’d get shut out with the early efforts.

Glad the early signs of Darrell Taylors injury that it isnt too bad. Can move his extremities and flying back to Seattle. Such a shame as he was looking so good!

time to tank, no way we making the playoffs from here

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Where do we start? We got close but really, we probably didn't deserve to win.

Jamal Adams "Im the best in the nation" in the SNF intros. Fair dinkum. Misguided at best, and very arrogant. Sorry, but for what he is paid and what we gave up for him, I am really tired of him.

Defense in general is putrid but Norton still has a job which is ridiculous. Even the worst defences on paper can perform with some decent coaching. Something needs to change.

Agree on Tre Brown. Hope he plays plenty of minutes for the rest of the year because he looks solid.

Playoffs no chance now, so you might as well play the rookies and see who you have to work with. Next 4 - Saints, Cards, Jags and Packers. 1 out of 4 is what we are staring at.

Did you see him do a full mime drive pre game yesterday?

Even knelt in the 'huddle' and mumbled stuff 😂

DK having a crack at Shannon Sharpe, calling him a little boy and a washed-up wannabe. Just lol, what a clown.

thought Shannon's "do you know who I am" response was equally as cringe.

Did you see him do a full mime drive pre game yesterday?

Even knelt in the 'huddle' and mumbled stuff 😂

Also, going out for the toss in OT while on IR has to be one of the cringiest things ive ever seen. Camera thirsty enough Russ? What a weirdo.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
thought Shannon's "do you know who I am" response was equally as cringe.

When you're a HOF with 3 rings that essentially revolutionized the TE position, and you get called a "little boy" by someone that's half your age, with pink/blue hair and has achieved absolutely nothing to date, then you have every right to pull that card.

When you're a HOF who has 3 rings that essentially revolutionized the TE position, and you get called a "little boy" by someone that's half your age, with pink/blue hair and has achieved absolutely nothing to date, then you have every right to pull that card.

I would have preferred if Shannon just stuck to the topic and shamed DK for the dumb play, not started up a dick measuring contest.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Nah, DK made it personal after he couldn't take the fair criticism. Imagine calling a HOF with 3 rings a little boy. Ones got a gold jacket, the other has blue hair.

I don't watch Undisputed anymore thanks to Skip Clueless, but I imagine Shannon won't roast DK during the week.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
So, any comments from yesterday?

I know we struggle without Russ but gee, so much about yesterday was ugly. I am sorry, but Geno Smith is not the answer. Start the guys from the practice squad now.

Three home games this season - three losses. Lose to the Jags next week and heads must roll. The team will probably finish with 4-5 wins at most, and if it is going to be that bad, you might as well tank.

Didn't even bother watching the full match. Just watched the highlights. I have been getting too angry watching this s**t this season to sit through the whole thing.

When you lose by 3 and missed 2 field goals, you only have yourself to blame no matter how poor the offence was/is.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
So, any comments from yesterday?

I know we struggle without Russ but gee, so much about yesterday was ugly. I am sorry, but Geno Smith is not the answer. Start the guys from the practice squad now.

Three home games this season - three losses. Lose to the Jags next week and heads must roll. The team will probably finish with 4-5 wins at most, and if it is going to be that bad, you might as well tank.
Without a 1st round pick there is no reason to tank.

Geno is not the answer all 3 games he had the ball in his hand to win the game. The team needs a lot of work but with Russ and Carson out we look mile off it.

Dk had a great TD in the 1st quarter and then it wasn't thrown to him for 2 more quarters. Bizarre. When they shut our run down game we needed to throw it more.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Didn't even bother watching the full match. Just watched the highlights. I have been getting too angry watching this sh*t this season to sit through the whole thing.

When you lose by 3 and missed 2 field goals, you only have yourself to blame no matter how poor the offence was/is.
We also did some really dumb things on defense especially in the 4th quarter:

4th and 5 jumping offside to hand the ball back is inexcusable.

3rd and long in our 20 we had the QB wrapped up we hit him to the head. The personal foul let them off the hook - we should have had the ball back in great position.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
We also did some really dumb things on defense especially in the 4th quarter:

4th and 5 jumping offside to hand the ball back is inexcusable.

3rd and long in our 20 we had the QB wrapped up we hit him to the head. The personal foul let them off the hook - we should have had the ball back in great position.
I switched off the game after the offside jump. knew it was game over after that. There was no way that Geno was going down the field in a 2min drill. He needs to stick on call the coin toss... is Russ back in 2 weeks?

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I switched off the game after the offside jump. knew it was game over after that. There was no way that Geno was going down the field in a 2min drill. He needs to stick on call the coin toss... is Russ back in 2 weeks?
yeah 1 more game with Geno - then the bye and hopefully Russ back for Green Bay.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pete Carroll on whether Seahawks will claim OBJ on waivers: “You’ll see”

Posted by Mike Florio on November 8, 2021, 8:16 PM EST

Odell Beckham Jr. would like to play for the Seahawks, we’re told. On Monday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll wouldn’t tell whether his team wants Beckham.

“You’ll see,” Carroll said with a smile on Monday as to whether Seattle will make a waivers claim for Beckham, via Michael-Shawn Dugar of The Athletic.com.

“We’re aware of what’s going on and we’ve been involved to understand it and compete,” Carroll added, “to know what’s happening. We’ll let you know as soon as it happens. I got to wait. So, I didn’t say yes or I didn’t say no. That’s because . . . you’ll see.”

The Seahawks have the cap space to absorb Beckham’s $7.25 million salary for the balance of the season. Roughly a third of the league can absorb the deal without moving money around.

Back