Senior Sebastian Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't surprise me if one day Ross has a similar breakout year to what Armo has had this year. Like Armo there's never been any question about the contested side of the game it was all about how much outside ball he could get.

(Squizzy1970)

That was a good one. Seb seems like smart lad and the guys interviewing did well.

I only couldn't place the one voice, he's the one that says "there's a great story unfolding at the St. Kilda footy club" does anyone know who that is? Obviously heard Lloyd, Matthews.

That was a good one. Seb seems like smart lad and the guys interviewing did well.

I only couldn't place the one voice, he's the one that says "there's a great story unfolding at the St. Kilda footy club" does anyone know who that is? Obviously heard Lloyd, Matthews.
Where abouts is that?

Him and Acres can be the big body mids we crave in the JPK Mundy mould.. Seb = JPK, Acres = Mundy

Great news for Seb with him being taken off the Long Term Injury List tomorrow. Available for selection for either Sandy or St Kilda this weekend :)

SEB Ross will officially return to St Kilda’s senior list on Thursday, replacing Jack Sinclair who was nominated as the left-footer’s replacement two months ago when Ross tore his hamstring.

“Jack Sinclair was elevated from the rookie list to the primary list as a long-term injury replacement for Seb Ross,” St Kilda’s Chief Operating Officer Ameet Bains told SAINTS.com.au.

“Seb is due to return to the VFL this weekend and in order for him to play again, he has to come off the long-term injury list and back onto the primary list.

Read more: http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-05-20/ross-back-in-action

Seb has now played the last 2 weeks in the VFL and has slotted in seamlessly. With Mav Weller suspended for 1 match, might be the opening he needs to get back into the Saints best 22.

VFL Round 7 v Werribee

12 kicks
10 handballs
60% contested possessions
4 tackles
1 goal

A solid game from Seb against the ladder leaders. Kicking efficiency was down a little, but being at the bottom of packs will do that to you.

VFL Round 8 v Box Hill

17 kicks
6 handballs
3 tackles
4 marks

Some comments on Seb's game:

Ross: quite busy for his first game back for a while and the second quarter was a team wipe out. He finds time in close and is creative. He should be allowed some time to build confidence again.

Ross, Lee and Paddy (elements) were the encouraging ones for me. And the ones with futures that you would want to see going well.

BEST:
Sandringham: Lee Jones Ong McCartin Ross Le Grice

Seb looking trim. Reckon he's in for a good year in 2016.

12301617_10153465711788183_2362220723304026554_n.jpg

And it’s not only players with official leadership titles who have taken strides during this pre-season. Emerging midfielders Seb Ross and Luke Dunstan are two players Richardson identified as having stepped up during the summer months and appear to be following the path blazed by Weller and Newnes 12 months earlier.

“We’re in really good space with leadership. [Sean]Dempster had a real role in what the program looked like over Christmas. [Jarryn] Geary is a great example to all our players,” Richardson told saints.com.au on Thursday.

“’Joey’ stepped straight back into our program after his tour with the Aussie team against the Irish.

“We’ve got some good leaders that have stepped up – ‘Sebby’ Ross isn’t in that group, [Luke] Dunstan’s not in that group – but are really strong in that space.

“Those different voices have been beneficial, in meetings for example, where ‘Rooey’ is quite a dominant person really, because of his experience and because of his leadership. It’s good that others have had the opportunity to step up there.

“Having said all that, ‘Rooey’s’ quite mindful of that and often encourages others to contribute in a really positive way before he shares his thoughts."

Richardson lauded the pre-season form of midfield trio Ross, Weller and Newnes, not only praising their performances on the track, but their combination of football exploits and leadership. The senior coach also mentioned developing ruckman Lewis Pierce as a player who has stood out during the pre-season thus far.

“Seb Ross has been really impressive – not only with the way he has performed in conditioning and athletic skills, in addition to his footy, but at the leadership camp he was really impressive.

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2016-01-07/were-in-a-really-good-space-with-leadership

Looks like Richo is happy with Ross not only as a player, but also as a leader. I look forward to him being a big part of the midfield rotations in 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say, just looking at Seb in that video on the Saints page. Is he a dead ringer for Daniel Craig, or am I crazy...?
Maybe if you squint your eyes .... ?

upload_2016-1-19_21-15-15.png

Been impressed with Seb's growing confidence in front of the camera. Still a bit awkward and rushes his words at times but you can imagine he's one you could trust to do the right thing off-field. On-field it's not hard to see him showing more leadership by his actions this year.

Seems like a true believer.

http://www.saints.com.au/video/2016-01-15/seb-ross-preseason

Richo: “He’s a young man that hasn’t played footy for a couple of years but he is exactly what we need to compliment Dunstan, Armitage and Seb Ross.” (Regarding Freeman)

Seb Ross is constantly talked about as part of our future by Richo. He was tearing apart last preseason before his hammy, and ended the year strongly. He averaged 21 disposals and 83% tog as he closed out the last 5 games of the season in a midfield role. Albeit, his role was quite uncontested, with only about 35% of his possessions contested.

I fully expect him to take this NAB challenge by the balls, and will definitely be lining up come round 1 as a big body clearance mid. Big big year coming up from Seb in 2016!

In a midfield that has Steven, Armitage, Montagna, Dunstan, Newnes, and probably Gilbert, Riewoldt, Billings, and Sinclair, who does Ross replace to get in there?

Armo, Dunstan, Ross as the inside mids, with Steven playing more of an inside/outside role. Gilbert rotates through there too, but plays a utility role. The rest are more outside players.

FB: Dempster, Goddard, Geary
HB: Roberton, Fisher, Webster
C: Montagna, Armitage, Newnes
HF: Weller, Roo, Billings
FF: Lonie, Bruce, Hickey
R: Longer, Dunstan, Steven
I: Gilbert, Savage, Ross, Sinclair

Richo: “He’s a young man that hasn’t played footy for a couple of years but he is exactly what we need to compliment Dunstan, Armitage and Seb Ross.” (Regarding Freeman)

Seb Ross is constantly talked about as part of our future by Richo. He was tearing apart last preseason before his hammy, and ended the year strongly. He averaged 21 disposals and 83% tog as he closed out the last 5 games of the season in a midfield role. Albeit, his role was quite uncontested, with only about 35% of his possessions contested.

I fully expect him to take this NAB challenge by the balls, and will definitely be lining up come round 1 as a big body clearance mid. Big big year coming up from Seb in 2016!
When I saw that quote I was going to say start putting Ross in your best 22's. I'm not sure who he replaces but barring another NAB cup disaster I think he's an absolute monty for at least 20 touches a game so whoever isn't doing that is OUT.

Some really good signs from Seb yesterday. I picked him as my boy last year to take the step up, but injury got in the way after a very promising start. Touch wood that this year won't get off to such an unlucky start and I think he could become a really useful player for us.

Spent much of the day in the middle for the probables side and was named amongst the best by most. Can't wait to see what he delivers during the NAB Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back