Damon_3388

Premium Platinum
Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
It's pretty amazing that St Kilda did what they did this season, with former All-Australians (22 and squad) and club B&F winners like Ross, Brad Hill, Dan Hannebury, and Dylan Roberton either spudding it up or not playing, and getting next to nothing out of other listed veterans like Nathan Brown, Shane Savage, Ryan Abbott, Luke Dunstan, and Jimmy Webster too.

A lot of room for improvement and positive change going forward for the Saints.

aussierulesrules

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's pretty amazing that St Kilda did what they did this season, with former All-Australians (22 and squad) and club B&F winners like Ross, Brad Hill, Dan Hannebury, and Dylan Roberton either spudding it up or not playing, and getting next to nothing out of other listed veterans like Nathan Brown, Shane Savage, Ryan Abbott, Luke Dunstan, and Jimmy Webster too.

A lot of room for improvement and positive change going forward for the Saints.
Yeah imagine if someone told you going into the season that quite possibly none of our top 6 paid for the year (Hill, Hannebery, Billings, Gresham, Ross and Roberton) would finish top 9 in our B&F. You'd think we'd have finished bottom 4 for sure!

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Would be happy to pick him up as a Free Agent next year at Carlton (I assume the Saints wouldn't match if they don't re-sign him)

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would be happy to pick him up as a Free Agent next year at Carlton (I assume the Saints wouldn't match if they don't re-sign him)
I think they’ll happily let him go - he’s been replaced be Crouch

He’s not that good though as he’s slow and his kicking is average

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah imagine if someone told you going into the season that quite possibly none of our top 6 paid for the year (Hill, Hannebery, Billings, Gresham, Ross and Roberton) would finish top 9 in our B&F. You'd think we'd have finished bottom 4 for sure!
We cleared the decks this year but I reckon a bit more to also come next year with Dunstan, Roberton and Webster in the gun.

Been a ruthless post-Richo clean out.

aussierulesrules

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think they’ll happily let him go - he’s been replaced be Crouch

He’s not that good though as he’s slow and his kicking is average
He's not super-quick off the mark, but he's got some genuine speed once he gets going.

We used to think he was slow too in his first 2-3 years, but then all of a sudden he started to show an ability to really get moving once he got some momentum up and now he can break lines with his run and get away from slower blokes.

ManOfClay

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 27, 2012
On the couch
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Aston Villa
He’s the sort of player a club needs to move past as a best 22 option if they are to go anywhere. Good honest clubman and toiler but that’s it.

He wouldn’t add anything to a team who has a good midfield and is looking to contend, but would be a great leader/protection for a young midfield

RobbieMuir

Team Captain
Oct 28, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
He’s the sort of player a club needs to move past as a best 22 option if they are to go anywhere. Good honest clubman and toiler but that’s it.

He wouldn’t add anything to a team who has a good midfield and is looking to contend, but would be a great leader/protection for a young midfield
He did struggle at times this year but stepped up when it mattered and was BOG for the Saints in the semi-final (which happened to be the biggest game the club has played in for ten years). So I think he is certainly more than just a ‘toiler’.

His best season was 2017 when he finished top ten in the AFL coaches votes and got 14 votes in the Brownlow (and won the BnF). If he could get close to that sort of form next year then the club would surely re-sign him.

Remove this Banner Ad