Godwin Fot

Senior List
Aug 15, 2005
Niddrie
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Just wondering if secessionism is still in some people's hearts and minds?

West Australia was pretty keen on the idea in the 1930's, Joh Bjelke- Peterson aired it a few times and Tasmania has had the odd flirtation with 'independence'.

If anyone was to secede then Tassie would seem the logical choice as there is no physical or mapped border with another state.

Or would any of the other 3 states be interested?

Lincoln%20(Anthony%20Berger,%201864).gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fevola4God said:
I don't care who wins or loses, I just want a civil war dammit!

Fevola4...Don't ask for what you may not understand! Our "civil war" lasted four years, 1861-1865, and cost approximately 600,000 lives! A staggering number of casualties; injuries from the four years of strife were unknown. Indeed, the current War on Iraq has cost 2,300 lives of Americans; during the American Civil War more than that number fell in ten minutes at the Battle of Cold Harbor in 1864 near Richmond in Virginia. 30,000 men fell in a single day's fight at Antietam in Maryland in 1862. Thousands died before they ever got to the battlefield from myriad diseases.

Don't ever say you want a civil war; no war is more destructive.

IntheNet said:
Fevola4...Don't ask for what you may not understand! Our "civil war" lasted four years, 1861-1865, and cost approximately 600,000 lives! A staggering number of casualties; injuries from the four years of strife were unknown. Indeed, the current War on Iraq has cost 2,300 lives of Americans; during the American Civil War more than that number fell in ten minutes at the Battle of Cold Harbor in 1864 near Richmond in Virginia. 30,000 men fell in a single day's fight at Antietam in Maryland in 1862. Thousands died before they ever got to the battlefield from myriad diseases.

Obviously you've learnt from you fk ups (NOT)!

And you (or was it yank Bastard?) tried to tell us all that Americans ARE indeed intelligent! :confused:

IntheNet said:

What about the Iraqis???

Oh thats right you forgot who they are. They're mostly those defenseless women and children getting murdered and raped by American terrorists

IntheNet said:

I'm well aware of that period of American history thanks. I was making an ironic joke.

MightyFighting said:
...Because we're the centre of culture and sophistication.

Cheese eating sur.......................

You, you, you, southerners...you all think you can come up here and kick a dead horse when he's down, well I, I, I, you, you, you, just wait & see, mark my word."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back