Preview Second Elimination Final – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday 7th September 2019, Giants Stadium, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Bays in blue only available seats left supposedly.

That's definitely more than 15k
FB_IMG_1567066139960.jpeg

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
With regards to track work for on the day. I haven't seen the plan yet but.

When I rang for my swap so I could go they were only to happy to do so because Lithgow depot is shutdown for that weekend.

I'm afraid the Blue Mountains services will not be on that weekend and possibly the Penrith service.(as such I'm driving to the hotel instead of a free train ride.)
Will know more Monday.

With regards to direct services and other shutdowns they will be available after the weekend.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Bays in blue only available seats left supposedly.

That's definitely more than 15k View attachment 736717
I never quite trust these ticket things

Remember against the swans last year maybe, it was advertised a sell out and they didn't even open the Cumberland stand

I still really worried about how many dogs there will be. Those saying 60/40 giants I just can't see it

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still trying to get my tickets in a big enough lot for the family

Got my ticket invites for the Sheedy Medal so pretty excited about that !

Agree with Danny88 hopefully the umpires swallow the whistle and let them play but dont like our chances of that

Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Marconi, Arsenal, GreenEdge
Really hoping the umps put their whistles away here and just play the game. We have been crucified with frees this year and I’m sick of it
Finals so lets hope so, unless theyre extreme.

Good luck guys, Im hoping for a good game, gonna be very different to R22 with all your ins, but hard to say how much you improved R23 when u were playing GC. Im taking a crew of newbies so hopefully we all put on the show again :)

Glad Haynes is OK, I like him, freak accident. Mind you if it was Heath or Toby....can somebody get Heath some happy pills?

Excited, should be a great day, again, good luck

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Still trying to get my tickets in a big enough lot for the family

Got my ticket invites for the Sheedy Medal so pretty excited about that !

Agree with Danny88 hopefully the umpires swallow the whistle and let them play but dont like our chances of that
how many are you trying to get? There seems to be still large areas available in the Giants areas.

Big Stinky Monk

All Australian
Aug 26, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Did anyone go to the open training session today? What was the vibe?

I was down there. Game faces were on for the training run, but they all seemed pretty relaxed once they came off to do autographs and photos.

Everyone on here has already assumed it but Haynes was answering everyone's obvious question with a " yep, I'm ready to go". Was also good to see Hopper training strongly.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I was down there. Game faces were on for the training run, but they all seemed pretty relaxed once they came off to do autographs and photos.

Everyone on here has already assumed it but Haynes was answering everyone's obvious question with a " yep, I'm ready to go". Was also good to see Hopper training strongly.
Great news

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
I believe the airport part of the train line, to central, is privately owned. Could be wrong.
I do know that trip costs a bit more.
Like the Melbourne miki, you may need to buy an Opal Card. Our equivalent. Ask if your miki works first.

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
I wonder if they open sections as they get filled. My wife was only able to get seats on the sunny wing as they were ‘the only available’ last Thursday. Clearly not true at the time.

It was pretty obvious they were filling that section of the ground first up.

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
Here's an extract from an ABC Grandstand article yesterday:

Grandstand's Al Nicholson and Matt Clinch convened a panel of Mark Maclure, Ryan O'Keefe, Brent Harvey and Lauren Arnell to sift through the possibilities.
Will a team of individuals beat the system?

The knock on GWS for some time has been that it has the talent on the playing list, but that the Giants struggle if their stars aren't up and about, or their opponents have a better game plan.

Now in a rematch of the 2016 preliminary final that left the Giants a goal shy of making their first ever grand final, GWS gets to host the Bulldogs again. Will the result be different this time?

O'Keefe, who knows the Giants well having played Sydney's crosstown rivals in four editions of the Battle of the Bridge, isn't sure about the setup at GWS.

"This is a perfect game of system versus individuals. The Bulldogs play a system where it doesn't matter who comes in and out, they play a really strong system, where the Giants rely on individual talent," he said.

"They've too many guys thinking they're the man. That's my knock on the Giants they don't have enough role players.

"It's a little bit about the individual rather than the team."

The panel were unanimous that the Bulldogs should get the job done, regardless of the venue.

"Results do suggest they're [Giants] shaky, but with Lachie Whitfield in the team they are a different side," Arnell said.

"There is a real depth in that Bulldogs team and excitement. Aaron Naughton, where has he come from? He judges the ball better than anyone else in the competition in the air.

"Then Jack Macrae, [Marcus] Bontempelli, that midfield is outstanding. The Giants have got a bit of trouble at home."

Fair cop from ROK?

It might explain the second half of Round 22, but not the first.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Here's an extract from an ABC Grandstand article yesterday:

Fair cop from ROK?

It might explain the second half of Round 22, but not the first.
It is an interesting take. When we are up and about those little stats like 1%ers and tackles are strongly represented. When we are down we are poor in those areas. In some ways I think thats a bit of a cop out to say the old "team of individuals" comment but when we are down there is no doubt the system we have (which is to constantly get the ball to outside runners- switch, double switch if need be but try desperately to get outside the opposition usnig the elite running/ball use we have on the list) relies more on individuals to be successful than anything else.

It is why we have struggled when whitfield/kelly is out or tagged out of it. We generally look to them as priorities in transition.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Just watched Access all areas and I agree that 100% the key to this game is Himmleburg, Cameron and Finlayson all playing and playing well.

The last loss is still in our minds, however only himmleburg from memory played that one.

The dogs defence is their on vulnerable area in my opinion, and that's only a slight vulnerability at that

If deboar can clamp hard on the bont and all three talls hit the scoreboard, giants will win

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back