Preview Second Elimination Final – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday 7th September 2019, Giants Stadium, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

The team that'll get us the win.
Screenshot_20190905-182859_AFL.jpeg
Screenshot_20190905-182904_AFL.jpeg

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
Keeps changing every few hours on the website.

1 minute there are plenty of seats and then they are all gone.

1 minute they aren't available and then next minute there's a whole bay.

Ticketmaster
You just wonder how many try to buy and get rejected and never find out that more tickets are available.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Happy with the changes, four huge inclusions. Hill might be a great player in a few years but hasn’t contributed much at all outside his first few games. Tomlinson the big omission, but his form hasn’t been great of late. Deledio a risk but happy for them to take it.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
3 weeks since it happened
Hardly miraculous.

Wonder if you will be so forgiving with the square up. Let's face it Bont and his nose is one hell of a target.
It’ll be a fair bump. Bonts will go down. MRO won’t wait for medical reports. Our player will get four weeks.

balldman

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2006
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I dont doubt he is probably on his way out, a good utility but not worth the coin he will probably get, but so far I've seen he will definitely be a Demon, Dog, Saint and Blue.

I'm fairly certain that's not possible.
You're right,it's not possible. I trust my source. He WILL be a Demon in 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Tomlinson's form has not been good enough to get a game in my eyes, don't see any conspiracy theory. I would of played Keefe ahead of him based on this seasons form. I'd be tempted to play Keefe over Apples because of his versatility, I don't see who we can risk as a second ruck at the moment.

precarious

Senior List
Aug 15, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
8 thousand left as of Monday night

No matter what will be our biggest crowd of the year.

35 dollars were the cheapest tickets on offer from day 1 any way.

Hopefully you're right, but even if the media release is accurate, the total number of seats available to the public is unclear.

A year or two back in an effort to determine whether the reported attendances were accurate (I believe they are, people appear to overestimate the proportion of seats in the Cumberland and other stands), I tried to do a complete count from the ticketmaster map. Explicitly showing, there seemed to be 14,223 lower level public seats and 7,061 grandstand public seats for a total of 21,284 public seats. Then there were a few public areas with no seats explicitly shown: the cheersquad area, another level 1 bay and standing room. As far as could be ascertained, it seemed that there would be perhaps 22k public tickets, with the rest corporate.

So even if there were 8k public tickets remaining, that might only translate to <=14k, plus whatever is sold from that point on, plus corporates.

Personally, I think the ticketing strategy is foolish, both for finals and even more so for home and away. With the final, how many people get annoyed with the attempt to offload the worst seats first, as always happens? It generally pays to wait till the last minute if you want a decent seat. The AFL has nowhere near the market clout in Sydney that it seems to think it has.

During home and away, the ticketing seems designed to pad out membership numbers. That's the only explanation I can think of for the overpricing; i.e., get Sydney-based supporters of other clubs to take out a 3-game membership when they see their team play the giants because it is not much more expensive (or even cheaper, depending on the seat) to do that than buy a match day ticket.

Anyway, hopefully the above is wrong or there is a late flurry of ticket sales so that we get 20k-plus.

I dont doubt he is probably on his way out, a good utility but not worth the coin he will probably get, but so far I've seen he will definitely be a Demon, Dog, Saint and Blue.

I'm fairly certain that's not possible.

But some guy's dentist said he'd be a Roo!

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
So apparently 4000 tickets sold to WBD members, 2600 sold to GWS members.
******* pathetic

6k tix still available so stick a rocket up anyones butt you know who hasn't bought tix guys
Oh well.

Will be there anyway to cheer them on. No way I'm missing the only final we have in Sydney.

30k members eh?

The *ups that are Ticket master haven't helped.

Just as a point I didn't get tickets being a member due to screw ups buying online.

If there are only 6k left surely it's our biggest crowd of the year and we have many many more than than the 4k of the Dogs and definitely more than 2600 Giants coming.

Story

The Dogs are barking that another southern invasion is on the cards on Saturday, but GWS is confident of repelling it.
Three buses will depart Footscray at 1am on the morning of the elimination final, as part of an army of 4000 Western Bulldogs members taking to the highways and airways bound for Giants Stadium.
In comparison, 2600 Giants members have so far purchased tickets for Saturday’s do-or-die battle, inviting questions over the possibility of a repeat of the 2016 preliminary final between the two sides at the same venue, when GWS players were booed onto the field at their own home ground.

However, passionate GWS supporters took to the skies on Thursday to declare the city belongs to them — superstar Jeremy Cameron caught completely by surprise when he looked up from a spot of fishing to see his name being branded high up across Sydney.

Despite the discrepancy in member sales favouring the Bulldogs, 57 per cent of the remaining fans to have purchased tickets have also purchased for previous Giants games, suggesting a greater representation of orange in the stands than there was in 2016, when only 39 per cent of non-members tickets had prior history with GWS.

So far an estimated 16,500 tickets have been snapped up, leaving 6000 still available.

Even a neutral crowd could be uncomfortable for the hosts, but Giants chief David Matthews is convinced GWS fans will ensure the Sydney Olympic fortress is not turned into a kennel.
------------------------------
More in the link above

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Who does De Boar go to? He worked on bont but I don’t think that really worked last game. He is so explosive he really hurt us. Maybe he goes to Macrae?

Reid to Johansson

Head to head with the other match ups

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Story

The Dogs are barking that another southern invasion is on the cards on Saturday, but GWS is confident of repelling it.
Three buses will depart Footscray at 1am on the morning of the elimination final, as part of an army of 4000 Western Bulldogs members taking to the highways and airways bound for Giants Stadium.
In comparison, 2600 Giants members have so far purchased tickets for Saturday’s do-or-die battle, inviting questions over the possibility of a repeat of the 2016 preliminary final between the two sides at the same venue, when GWS players were booed onto the field at their own home ground.

However, passionate GWS supporters took to the skies on Thursday to declare the city belongs to them — superstar Jeremy Cameron caught completely by surprise when he looked up from a spot of fishing to see his name being branded high up across Sydney.

Despite the discrepancy in member sales favouring the Bulldogs, 57 per cent of the remaining fans to have purchased tickets have also purchased for previous Giants games, suggesting a greater representation of orange in the stands than there was in 2016, when only 39 per cent of non-members tickets had prior history with GWS.

So far an estimated 16,500 tickets have been snapped up, leaving 6000 still available.

Even a neutral crowd could be uncomfortable for the hosts, but Giants chief David Matthews is convinced GWS fans will ensure the Sydney Olympic fortress is not turned into a kennel.
------------------------------
More in the link above
Amusing that ticketmaster last night had 7 seats available.

Though this morning when I checked they had 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back